Vtc6 21700 vs 30t 21700

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
Comparison by puffs is not that great of an idea, because puff duration may vary wildly.
It may be a better idea to compare the ml consumed.

But you're right. The VTC6 is not the best 21700 around. It's not a bad cell, at least compared to many other 2x700s out there, but nevertheless it performs worse than the 40T and the P42a for example. And if your mod has a relatively high voltage cutoff, it may even perform worse than a 30T in that specific mod.
More so if the VTC6 is an older cell and/or lower grade.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
Comparison by puffs is not that great of an idea, because puff duration may vary wildly.
It may be a better idea to compare the ml consumed.

But you're right. The VTC6 is not the best 21700 around. It's not a bad cell, at least compared to many other 2x700s out there, but nevertheless it performs worse than the 40T and the P42a for example. And if your mod has a relatively high voltage cutoff, it may even perform worse than a 30T in that specific mod.
More so if the VTC6 is an older cell and/or lower grade.

True puffs is not accurate i have checked tho ans my puffs duration are always consistent and during the test i tried also vaoe in way to be even more consistent but yeah i should test ny mls of juice is better idea since this mod doesnt have a total duration or puffs timer...

About the mods voltage cut off havent thought of that also!

I just had in my mind that this 1000mah more would be my longer lasting battery and as i was using i was like hmmm i think the 30t last more...let me try measure it somehow :D

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
I've always found that a higher CDR cell will out-perform a higher mAh battery in vape devices. The battery sag on lower CDR (higher capacity) cells is the killer...
In the olden days the Provari mods had a very useful feature. Fire the mod without an atomiser and read the battery voltage - attach an atty, fire again and re-read the voltage. The difference for some higher capacity batteries was as much as .4v battery sag.
If the cut-off point of your device was 3.5v then, in reality, the device could show an empty battery/stop working when the battery was still showing 3.9v under no load.
Similarly a lower capacity, higher amp cell with a smaller voltage drop (say 0.1v) would keep supplying power down to 3.6v.
Lesson learnt :thumbs:.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
So could it be possible that if i vape lets say at lower wattage like 25watts or less then that vtc6 would last longer than the 30t cause of the less voltage sag?

Or maybe on a mechanical mod that its up to us how low we will let the voltage fall???

I am trying to understand if there is a scenario that the vtc6 would last longer then the 30t or in real life scenario u cant achieve that and so as u said the mah capacity doesnt really apply?

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
It's all down to how much you demand of a battery. With a higher wattage set-up the voltage sag can increase because the battery is struggling to supply the required current. The lower the amp rating of a cell, the more it will struggle. Lower wattage vaping will have the same issue but not as pronounced.

There is no hard and fast rule and different scenarios favour different batteries. The capacity of the battery (mAh) will have a bearing on how long it can be used but this needs to be considered alongside the current required.

It's all down to how much of the capacity (mAh) of the battery is actually available in a vaping device - a high capacity battery may release a lot of it's energy at a voltage that is below the cut-off point of the device. In that scenario, although there is plenty of energy in the battery it can't be used. Either because it's below the threshold of the device cut-off or because voltage sag takes it below.
A higher amp rated battery may have less energy in total, but more of it is available to the vaper..

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
81883A53-47FF-4BA2-97F4-BFD63FABF3F5.jpg
5E70DD0D-8345-43B1-A023-CADE9A635B83.jpg

Comparing the 2 graphs, the VTC6A should last about 20% longer than a 30T at an ampdraw of 10A down to a cutoff of 3.5V. Down to 3.25V they're almost even though.
At 20A the 30T is on par or even ahead in longevity at the above mentioned cutoff voltages.

As you can see there is a lot more to take into account than just mah.
That's why mooch (thanks a lot btw!) introduced the Watthours (wh) in his tests, because those give a much better overview over the capabilities of a tested cell.
But even though wh is a lot better than mah to measure a given cell, it's still not perfect, because wh can only be calculated at specific cutoff voltages and ampdraws.
Change cuttoff or ampdraw, and the rating is not that accurate for your personal setup anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread