Vuse Alto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave273

Feb 23, 2019
Smokers Trying To Quit Read This! No one else will care...
I love the Alto but I'm also new to vaping. I smoked 2 packs a day for 25 years. I tried a Juul first and liked the Virginia Tobacco flavor but hated the leaking popping and spitting it did. So I went on a mission and finally found that my local Mobil/Exxon stores sold the Alto (we don't have 7/11 up here). Since I got my Alto I haven't thought about a cigarette and that was three months and eleven days ago.

Happy with having quit smoking, I wanted to switch to a refillable pod system. So I went to my local vape shop and asked for a good pod system. Smok Novo was terrible. Pop spit burn your mouth. Smok Nord was the same. Lost vape Orion was the worst so far. So I already spent over a hundred dollars and I'm still using the Alto regularly. I don't use their juice anymore, it's actually not that good but all you need it a pair of pliers and a paper clip and you can put whatever juice you want into the pods. Just make sure it's nic salt and not freebase nicotine. I'm going to keep looking for a refillable pod system that is as good as the Alto but I really just wish RJR would make a refillable system based on the Alto.

• Useful
Reactions: Izan

Teetea

Mar 10, 2019
Picked one up at the gas station today just to try. First time I had seen them. 15 bucks for the starter kit. It’s actually really good. I was surprised. The original tobacco flavor came with the kit and is pretty bland but throat hit and vapor are above average. Twice as good as Juul I would say. Very smooth and quiet. Super tight draw like a cig. Don’t see myself using it too much but had to try it out.
I absolutely love the flavor in the alto pods rich tobacco. I know it’s nic salts. Wish they would sell it by the bottle for refillable pod systems because theirs are a bit pricey! Does anyone know of a nic salt that comes close to being the same? I just got a NORD by SMOK. LOVE it so far!

Teetea

Mar 10, 2019
Might be helpful to those who refill: Alto is using a salt version of liquid from Halo. The standard tobacco is Halo's torque 56 and the rich tobacco is Halo's Freedom juice. I'm very intimate with these flavors and the smell they produce. Not really a fan of the alto... Draw is too tight and it feels kind of weak.
Thank u so much for this info!!! I absolutely LOVE the flavor in the rich tobacco and just purchased a NORD refillable pod system hoping to find something close to the flavor of the pods the alto uses.

Teetea

Mar 10, 2019
If it is the same thing I will be so happy. I absolutely love the NORD pod system I bought. It’s really nice if you are looking for a refillable pod system. The tank is the perfect size and the system is still small enough to be comparable to an alto... just a bit bigger. The battery lasts and it recharges in 45 minutes. It also has a green yellow and red light when you click the button twice to tell you how much battery is left. IF the halo juice truly does taste the same then I’d say using the NORD along with the halo freedom juice is perfect replacement to the alto if you like it but think the refills are a bit too pricey. I will let you know my opinion once I’ve tried the halo juice in the Nord system

Teetea

Mar 10, 2019
Ok I even had my HUBBY try it to see if he tasted any difference and he too said it’s the exact same! Gotta be honest I was skeptical as I was ordering it. I thought maybe there would be even the slightest difference and there’s not AT ALL. I AM TOTALLY CONVINCED THEY DO USE HALO PRODUCTS IN THEIR PODS! Sorry for going on and on but I’m just so happy about getting the taste I love without the cost!

Picked one up at the gas station today just to try. First time I had seen them. 15 bucks for the starter kit. It’s actually really good. I was surprised. The original tobacco flavor came with the kit and is pretty bland but throat hit and vapor are above average. Twice as good as Juul I would say. Very smooth and quiet. Super tight draw like a cig. Don’t see myself using it too much but had to try it out.

the pods do not all work... I have 7 that still have liquid in and will not longer work

My vaping experience is extremely limited so this post might appeal more to people who are coming from the Juul (like me) to the Alto. The Juul had some annoyances like really short battery life, inconsistent hits (take pod out, shake pod, reseat pod) and pods that would last about a day. So I picked up the Alto on a whim and have not touched the Juul since.

Alto thoughts:
  • The pods hold a lot more liquid. You only get 2 in a pack but those two are cheaper than a 4-pack of Juul pods where I live, and each Alto pod will last me 2-3 days. For the record, I was a pack a day smoker.
  • The Alto has passthrough capability which means you can charge and vape at the same time.
  • The Alto produces noticeably more vapor than the Juul. Like when I smoked cigarettes, I crack the window in my car while driving to expel the vapor. I use it like a cigarette with a mouth-to-lung pull. Feels very similar to a cigarette in regards to draw tightness.
  • Very consistent performance from the pods compared to Juul. Maybe because the pods are larger than the Juul they're better at wicking fluid to the coil but I always get a nice pull from the Alto.
  • I have not noticed any e-liquid coming from the Alto pods and collecting near the battery contacts like I occasionally did with the Juul.
  • The battery in the Alto lasts all day and then some. Usually the Juul would be running on empty by the end of the day.
  • The Alto pods are magnetic and feel a little loose when installed, but I haven't had any issue with a pod trying to escape. They just don't sit as securely in the battery as Juul pods and makes the device feel cheap.
  • Well the Alto is cheaper than the Juul (mine was 20USD with a Tobacco pod included) and it feels it. The body is made of thin feeling plastic. It has held up pretty well though and is still extremely lightweight.
  • Very limited selection of flavors from the manufacturer with Alto. The mixed berry isn't half bad if you were a mango Juul fan like I was.
  • I've had several vapes in the past that snap, crackle, pop and spit at me. This thing just silently and pleasantly gives you a nice hit.
  • While the Alto has an LED that lights while you take a draw, it has no battery indication feature like the Juul. It just starts blinking when you try to take a hit and the battery is depleted. I just charge it at night though and haven't had any problems.
I am now having major issue with pods.. I agree with all you stated.. It stopped me from smoking.. Issues are the pods stop working before liquid is finished.. I have call RJ Reynolds and they stated use another product and sent me a coupon.. Sad since it worked for me but company doesn't care about issue

No. Got a pack of pods that got burnt taste real quick though. Need to contact customer service to get replacements.

In the meantime I'm refilling the spent pods that were good and having success. Easy once you remove the metal cap on the bottom.
yes spoke to rj Reynolds their reply was try another product they have. Alto was the only thing that made me stop smoking , after many years. Company doesn't seem to care

Ok I even had my HUBBY try it to see if he tasted any difference and he too said it’s the exact same! Gotta be honest I was skeptical as I was ordering it. I thought maybe there would be even the slightest difference and there’s not AT ALL. I AM TOTALLY CONVINCED THEY DO USE HALO PRODUCTS IN THEIR PODS! Sorry for going on and on but I’m just so happy about getting the taste I love without the cost!
I totally agree with you

Northstar6

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2019
I love the Alto original flavor...and I read previously that it basically is the same as Halos Torque 56 juice. Looks like someone else confirmed it here as well. I'll have to pick some up now!

I really wanted to like the Alto. Great battery, larger pods, very quiet and satisfying hits. The problem is, the pods are just way too inconsistent. Burnt hits, major spit back...it's crazy to spend about $15 on 2 pods and there's a good chance it either will taste like garbage right away or before you even finish it.

Speedway gas stations had a promotion for a pack of 2 pods for $10, but even then you still don't know if you are getting a decent pack.

And the flavors are incredibly limited. I like Original and Berry is good every so often but I didn't care for Menthol or Rich Tobacco. So out of the 4 flavors, I only really enjoying 2.

It's a shame because customer service doesn't care. They just want to push BOGO coupons to you and get you off the phone. No wonder Juul owns the prefilled market. I gave up and just bought a refillable system. The Alto has been out for what? Almost a year now? The flavors are still lacking and the pods aren't getting any better.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I picked one of these up today and I'm in love. Wish I had checked it out sooner. I fell off the wagon some time ago and was creeping back up to my previously normal 2 pack a day habit (ain't life grand?!). Other half and I had a serious heart to heart a few days ago, and I agreed that I really needed to quit the cigs again as it was having a detrimental impact not only on me, but those around me as well. Sooooooooooooooo, got off work this morning and whipped over to the Circle K and snagged one of these on a whim. Now I wish I had gotten the "whim" a lot sooner! No button to push, nice easy draw, and this thing is simplicity "squared". Yeah yeah yeah, I have a metric crap ton of stuff, and quite honestly.... I'm tired of fiddling, refilling, rewicking, recoiling, etc. etc. etc. (I see a possible selling spree in my near future! :D) I want simple and effective and this slick little device delivers in spades.

And here's why I want simple. I no longer live on my own. I've moved in with my soon to be Mrs., and there are now 3 critters and 1 kiddo to think of. So no more DIY supplies scattered around the joint, no more setting up at the kitchen table to do rebuilds and mixing. Quite honestly, it was easier to just grab a pack of smokes, head out to the front porch and feed the habit. The Alto breaks that habit and I'm over the moon (and so is the soon to be Mrs.!).

Might be helpful to those who refill: Alto is using a salt version of liquid from Halo. The standard tobacco is Halo's torque 56 and the rich tobacco is Halo's Freedom juice. I'm very intimate with these flavors and the smell they produce. Not really a fan of the alto... Draw is too tight and it feels kind of weak.

I sure wish I had known this ages ago. I LOVE Torque 56 (it was one of my first flavors I tried when I started vaping). I picked up a Rich Tobacco pod, too. Can't wait to try that one.

All in all, this is a slick little device! Screw the refilling. Screw the recoiling. If the cost for this thing stays comparable (or cheaper) to buying a couple of packs of smokes, I'm all in. I've been honking on this thing virtually non stop since I got off work this morning and I don't see a reduction in liquid levels in the pod, either. SWEET!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread