Vuse Alto

Status
Not open for further replies.

dansus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Newish pod system from RJR, im quite intrigued by this one, uses a ceramic wick of some kind but not the usual system, looks very similar to the Feelm Tech system developed i think by vaporesso.

Been a lot of positive reviews for it so far, but can never be sure how independant. Anyone had a chance to try it yet?

Vuse Alto E-Cig Mod & Flavor Pods | High Performing Vape

Last edited:

masustic

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 28, 2012
    Northern Michigan
    Picked one up at the gas station today just to try. First time I had seen them. 15 bucks for the starter kit. It’s actually really good. I was surprised. The original tobacco flavor came with the kit and is pretty bland but throat hit and vapor are above average. Twice as good as Juul I would say. Very smooth and quiet. Super tight draw like a cig. Don’t see myself using it too much but had to try it out.

masustic

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 28, 2012
    Northern Michigan
    The gas station by me has them for 19.99 with a five dollar discount if you have their loyalty card. And two dollars off the pods.I actually picked up another one for a friend. Also the pods are easily refillable and wash out really well. I have refilled the one that came with mine 5 times and washed it out once. Surprisingly I find myself really liking the super stiff draw these have.

To refill just grab metal bottom with pliers and wiggle. Make sure to remove and replace the rubber piece too

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
    Jul 22, 2011
    USA
    Might be helpful to those who refill: Alto is using a salt version of liquid from Halo. The standard tobacco is Halo's torque 56 and the rich tobacco is Halo's Freedom juice. I'm very intimate with these flavors and the smell they produce. Not really a fan of the alto... Draw is too tight and it feels kind of weak.

DetroitBound

Dec 26, 2018
    My vaping experience is extremely limited so this post might appeal more to people who are coming from the Juul (like me) to the Alto. The Juul had some annoyances like really short battery life, inconsistent hits (take pod out, shake pod, reseat pod) and pods that would last about a day. So I picked up the Alto on a whim and have not touched the Juul since.

Alto thoughts:
    • The pods hold a lot more liquid. You only get 2 in a pack but those two are cheaper than a 4-pack of Juul pods where I live, and each Alto pod will last me 2-3 days. For the record, I was a pack a day smoker.
    • The Alto has passthrough capability which means you can charge and vape at the same time.
    • The Alto produces noticeably more vapor than the Juul. Like when I smoked cigarettes, I crack the window in my car while driving to expel the vapor. I use it like a cigarette with a mouth-to-lung pull. Feels very similar to a cigarette in regards to draw tightness.
    • Very consistent performance from the pods compared to Juul. Maybe because the pods are larger than the Juul they're better at wicking fluid to the coil but I always get a nice pull from the Alto.
    • I have not noticed any e-liquid coming from the Alto pods and collecting near the battery contacts like I occasionally did with the Juul.
    • The battery in the Alto lasts all day and then some. Usually the Juul would be running on empty by the end of the day.
    • The Alto pods are magnetic and feel a little loose when installed, but I haven't had any issue with a pod trying to escape. They just don't sit as securely in the battery as Juul pods and makes the device feel cheap.
    • Well the Alto is cheaper than the Juul (mine was 20USD with a Tobacco pod included) and it feels it. The body is made of thin feeling plastic. It has held up pretty well though and is still extremely lightweight.
    • Very limited selection of flavors from the manufacturer with Alto. The mixed berry isn't half bad if you were a mango Juul fan like I was.
    • I've had several vapes in the past that snap, crackle, pop and spit at me. This thing just silently and pleasantly gives you a nice hit.
    • While the Alto has an LED that lights while you take a draw, it has no battery indication feature like the Juul. It just starts blinking when you try to take a hit and the battery is depleted. I just charge it at night though and haven't had any problems.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I don't know why anyone would trust BT for their vape gear.. they couldn't be trusted with cigarettes and I'll stay as far away from them as possible...

They have no business in vaping. Every vape company they buy is a vape company I boycott.

I gave them enough money in my life and won't be giving another dime. Vaping was my escape from a lifetime addiction at their hand, not another way for them to hook me.

Last edited:
    Reactions: stols001

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I would trust their products more than some unknown chinese brand who have virtually no oversight.

I agree that it would be better if BT stayed out of vaping, but that aint gonna happen.

I trust the Chinese to build an electronic device.. It was a Chinese man who invented our modern vaping after all.

I don't trust BT not to put stuff in my ejuice.. they love additives to ramp up the addictive factor, so I dont trust them within a mile of my ejuice. Plenty of American companies make ejuice to stay away from BT, although I personally DIY.

spaceman84

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 17, 2013
    North Carolina
    They're selling a vice. I'm more concerned with them making the best product possible, not how healthy it is. There's a ton of carcinogens in whiskey. Cigarettes will give you cancer simply because you're inhaling partially combusted organic matter. Certain ecig flavors will react with each other and form carcinogens. If juul and RJR tweak their juice for a better experience I'm all for it.

spaceman84

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 17, 2013
    North Carolina
    Anyone having issues with the pods quitting half way thru? Battery still lights up as normal but no vapor from the pod.
    No. Got a pack of pods that got burnt taste real quick though. Need to contact customer service to get replacements.

In the meantime I'm refilling the spent pods that were good and having success. Easy once you remove the metal cap on the bottom.

• Optimistic
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread