Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I heard they are launching new flavors soon. I'm curious what they might be considering the whole flavor ban these companies are facing.

Vuse Alto advertising seems to be in full swing too....passed several Alto billboards while driving through Winston Salem, NC the other day.

Technically, RJR has No New Flavors to release. Because a e-liquid containing Nicotine would have had to have been sold in a US Market prior to 8-8-16 for RJR to be able to sell it Today without a PMTA/SE/MRTP.

So what RJR is doing is Re-Releasing Flavors that had been Previously released.

Just like the Vuse Alto. It really Isn't "New". It was briefly sold in Limited US Markets in the Run-Up to the Deeming New Product cutoff.

I Vaguely remember it. But there were Many Companies doing Limited Releases as the Deeming Deadline loomed.

https://www.journalnow.com/business/fda-warn-e-cig-manufacturers-about-modifying-products-without-permission/article_71fe1516-399f-595b-a7a2-ad200968b64a.html[URL="https://www.journalnow.com/business/fda-warn-e-cig-manufacturers-about-modifying-products-without-permission/article_71fe1516-399f-595b-a7a2-ad200968b64a.html"]FDA warn e-cig manufacturers about modifying products without permission[/URL]

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I purchased an aspire zelos mod the other day..... I really dunno why cause I have 4 other devices I use ( think i just like how the finish was & how it felt in hand), but I do have 2 tanks not being in use .... does anyone know if I can put my vaporess skrr-s tank or my aspire cleito tank on this mod ??? ... Please ty
Sure. Zelos was my first mod. Like most, you can use pretty much any tank on it. Iirc, it's 22mm. So cleito will look fine. Not sure of dia. of skrr. At worst, it'll overhang but it'll work.

• Love
Reactions: vicsch

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019
ty ... I have another question the lowest wattage coil for the aspire cleito is 50 watts which I usually only vape at 13 watts on my vaporesso luxe nano w/aspire nautilus tank which is what mod & tank I'm using at the present, but I'd like to hook up the aspire tank to the aspire zelos but I dunno the voltage for 50 watts. If u know this I'd appreciate it hun !!

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
ty ... I have another question the lowest wattage coil for the aspire cleito is 50 watts which I usually only vape at 13 watts on my vaporesso luxe nano w/aspire nautilus tank which is what mod & tank I'm using at the present, but I'd like to hook up the aspire tank to the aspire zelos but I dunno the voltage for 50 watts. If u know this I'd appreciate it hun !!
With a regulated mod like the Zelos, you don't really need to deal with voltages. I believe the ratings you're looking at are maximum for that coil, and you're nowhere near that. For the Cleito, just put in the coil you want in your atty, start low on the wattage, and work your way up to what you like.

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019
The 0.4 coil I have to use is the lowest wattage for the cleito & its 40w so I can't go any lower if I wanna make it vape right, but I dunno now if I wanna use it haven't decided or just get a low watt tank for the zelos all together, since I don't vape over 15w anyway ever. But ty hun !! ... U know how we girls are always changing our minds ! lol

Tylxr

Aug 12, 2019
My vaping experience is extremely limited so this post might appeal more to people who are coming from the Juul (like me) to the Alto. The Juul had some annoyances like really short battery life, inconsistent hits (take pod out, shake pod, reseat pod) and pods that would last about a day. So I picked up the Alto on a whim and have not touched the Juul since.

Alto thoughts:
  • The pods hold a lot more liquid. You only get 2 in a pack but those two are cheaper than a 4-pack of Juul pods where I live, and each Alto pod will last me 2-3 days. For the record, I was a pack a day smoker.
  • The Alto has passthrough capability which means you can charge and vape at the same time.
  • The Alto produces noticeably more vapor than the Juul. Like when I smoked cigarettes, I crack the window in my car while driving to expel the vapor. I use it like a cigarette with a mouth-to-lung pull. Feels very similar to a cigarette in regards to draw tightness.
  • Very consistent performance from the pods compared to Juul. Maybe because the pods are larger than the Juul they're better at wicking fluid to the coil but I always get a nice pull from the Alto.
  • I have not noticed any e-liquid coming from the Alto pods and collecting near the battery contacts like I occasionally did with the Juul.
  • The battery in the Alto lasts all day and then some. Usually the Juul would be running on empty by the end of the day.
  • The Alto pods are magnetic and feel a little loose when installed, but I haven't had any issue with a pod trying to escape. They just don't sit as securely in the battery as Juul pods and makes the device feel cheap.
  • Well the Alto is cheaper than the Juul (mine was 20USD with a Tobacco pod included) and it feels it. The body is made of thin feeling plastic. It has held up pretty well though and is still extremely lightweight.
  • Very limited selection of flavors from the manufacturer with Alto. The mixed berry isn't half bad if you were a mango Juul fan like I was.
  • I've had several vapes in the past that snap, crackle, pop and spit at me. This thing just silently and pleasantly gives you a nice hit.
  • While the Alto has an LED that lights while you take a draw, it has no battery indication feature like the Juul. It just starts blinking when you try to take a hit and the battery is depleted. I just charge it at night though and haven't had any problems.

Northstar6

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2019
Technically, RJR has No New Flavors to release. Because a e-Liquid containing Nicotine would have had to have been sold in a US Market prior to 8-8-16 for RJR to be able to sell it Today without a PMTA/SE/MRTP.

So what RJR is doing is Re-Releasing Flavors that had been Previously released.

Just like the Vuse Alto. It really Isn't "New". It was briefly sold in Limited US Markets in the Run-Up to the Deeming New Product cutoff.

I Vaguely remember it. But there were Many Companies doing Limited Releases as the Deeming Deadline loomed.

https://www.journalnow.com/business/fda-warn-e-cig-manufacturers-about-modifying-products-without-permission/article_71fe1516-399f-595b-a7a2-ad200968b64a.html[URL="https://www.journalnow.com/business/fda-warn-e-cig-manufacturers-about-modifying-products-without-permission/article_71fe1516-399f-595b-a7a2-ad200968b64a.html"]FDA warn e-cig manufacturers about modifying products without permission[/URL]
Yeah, I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking here but your right, it's probably a "revamping" of their line up.

According to Vuse they are announcing something "new" for the Alto tomorrow. So I am curious nonetheless.

It appears the packaging has been updated. A few vendors have updated images on their websites to the new style, as seen here: Vuse Pods ➤ Buy online on Pods Outlet

3 of the 4 flavors show new packaging, including mixed berry which is surprising as flavors like that seem to be on the FDA "hit list". Regardless, looks like that one is staying.

However, Rich Tobacco did not show updated packaging. So for the new "news" my guess is they are dropping that flavor. Perhaps even releasing new colored devices and maybe even accessories.

There's nothing that would ever bring me back to closed pod systems but it's still interesting how these big companies are adapting in our current climate.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yeah, I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking here but your right, it's probably a "revamping" of their line up.

According to Vuse they are announcing something "new" for the Alto tomorrow. So I am curious nonetheless.

It appears the packaging has been updated. A few vendors have updated images on their websites to the new style, as seen here: Vuse Pods ➤ Buy online on Pods Outlet

3 of the 4 flavors show new packaging, including mixed berry which is surprising as flavors like that seem to be on the FDA "hit list". Regardless, looks like that one is staying.

However, Rich Tobacco did not show updated packaging. So for the new "news" my guess is they are dropping that flavor. Perhaps even releasing new colored devices and maybe even accessories.

There's nothing that would ever bring me back to closed pod systems but it's still interesting how these big companies are adapting in our current climate.

Yeah... "New" is kinda a Misleading term in this context.

Everything that BT might be Releasing is really something that it had Previously Released (pre 8-8-16) in a limited market. So "New" might be better phrased as "New to the Mainstream Market".

Because the last things BT wants is to Receive one of these Letters from the FDA.

FDA notifies four companies to remove 44 flavored e-liquid and hookah tobacco products from the market for not having required marketing authorization

Northstar6

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2019
Anyone had any of the mixed berry pods that actually worked? Both times I tried them they went skunky and burnt after a dozen puffs or so. No issues with the original or menthol pods.
From what I understand there was a huge problem with a lot of the old pods burning out prematurely. I had plenty burn out on me well before the juice was even finished.

From what I understand Vuse relaunched the Alto pods in August and supposedly fixed the issue. These will be the pods in the new packaging.

I read on Reddit and a few other forums the new ones are working fine for people. Out of curiosity I had a $10 coupon and went to hunt down a pack of the new Alto pods but couldn't find any.

They did have $3 off packs that the cashier told me were relatively new stock, so I ended up with those for free. I guess I'll see if the pod quality has improved at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread