VV Box Mod With Voltage Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyhrn

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
TX
Have any of you checked the voltage on your batts after the VV shut off? What results do you get?
Mine just got shuts down unexpectedly (again, LOL) after less than an hour of use over 10h-s period with 3.9V. One Trustfire (MV) battery shows 0.02V and another one 3.62v. Tested on connector and it shows 1.23V. What's really interesting it's always the battery on the left side of the mode (cover side) gets discharged. Blue SS batteries lasted up to 3 days with different voltage settings. Probably Trustfire batteries can't handle some VV workload/hardware?

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
Mine just got shuts down unexpectedly (again, LOL) after less than an hour of use over 10h-s period with 3.9V. One Trustfire (MV) battery shows 0.02V and another one 3.62v. Tested on connector and it shows 1.23V. What's really interesting it's always the battery on the left side of the mode (cover side) gets discharged. Blue SS batteries lasted up to 3 days with different voltage settings. Probably Trustfire batteries can't handle some VV workload/hardware?
That's my issue. It seems that the protection circuit is kicking out. My concern is that it is over-draining the batteries. Not something I want to do on every battery use.

clt1dpw

Aug 20, 2010
Statesville, NC
That's my issue. It seems that the protection circuit is kicking out. My concern is that it is over-draining the batteries. Not something I want to do on every battery use.

four2109, I have been using this mod since December.
I have noticed that one battery drops to zero volts and the other drops to the voltage I set.
I am using 4 volts, so the second battery has four volts when the mod stops firing.
All I can think of is that the protection curcuits cause this situatuion.
Normal batteries drain equally in the same configuration circuit.
Bottom line is not to worry about the bateries.
I have been using the same 8 batteries for four months with no problems, so there is no worry about harming the batteries.

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
four2109, I have been using this mod since December.
I have noticed that one battery drops to zero volts and the other drops to the voltage I set.
I am using 4 volts, so the second battery has four volts when the mod stops firing.
All I can think of is that the protection curcuits cause this situatuion.
Normal batteries drain equally in the same configuration circuit.
Bottom line is not to worry about the bateries.
I have been using the same 8 batteries for four months with no problems, so there is no worry about harming the batteries.

I have three MV VV box mods, two of which I've used for several months and have never had a problem with one battery going before the other.

Just checked the bats in all three and each pair is equal.

If you're sure all of your batteries are good you may want to submit a ticket to MV to see if they can give you any suggestions.

Errol

VinPuff68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2012
Poconos, PA
VinPuff68.
When you put in the batteries, were they tightly held in place or loose.
I have noticed that the battery on the left sometimes does not make contact with the post.
Try this, With carto removed, put batteries in and take a small screwdriver and place between the let battery and the bottom post and see if the meter lights. Make sure the variable pot is at the half way point to get a reading.

Thank you for your reply :)
Yes, the contacts were tight. Just no circuit completing.. :(
I sent that one back, and Madvapes promptly sent me a new one.

But I'm having the cut-off issue with 1.7ohm-2.0ohm carts on the new one.
While only pushing about 4.0v-4.5v , and the LED blinks and goes out. No power. Got to on/off it to get it to fire and do the same.

I may try cranking up the power a bit to see if its a heat related issue, or like I read, maybe its a compatibilty issue with the Trustfire batts?

I need to keep reading .. LOL

- Vin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread