VV Box Mod With Voltage Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

clt1dpw

Aug 20, 2010
Statesville, NC
I'm curious about the clear silicone looking material used in putting these mods together. Is it a silicone, hot glue or something else?

Errol
The clear silicone material is hot glue.
The hot glue is in place to help protect the electrionics from the juice incase of a leak.
Also to keep curious users from shorting out the electronics.

clt1dpw

Aug 20, 2010
Statesville, NC
VinPuff68.
When you put in the batteries, were they tightly held in place or loose.
I have noticed that the battery on the left sometimes does not make contact with the post.
Try this, With carto removed, put batteries in and take a small screwdriver and place between the let battery and the bottom post and see if the meter lights. Make sure the variable pot is at the half way point to get a reading.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I recently bought the madvapes VV box mod, without the LED. I got a separate voltage meter (one of the screw on ones) at the same time. What I had expected was that I could screw the meter on, set it to something around 4.5 or 4.6, and then just leave it there.

I only wanted it for a backup, and I guess it'll do that, but I'm really not very impressed. Turning the knob to change the voltage just a tiny amount jumps it way up or down. It's very difficult to get it where I want it. And then when I do finally get it there, it seems to change the voltage on it's on soon after. I can't turn that knob by hand, and have to use a screwdriver, but it seems like just a little bump is enough to make it jump to a very different voltage.

I put it in the tackle-box I use to hold misc vaping stuff, and if I have an emergency and need a back up, I'll have it. But I feel it was a waste of money. At best, if I had to I could use it to get by for a few days while I ordered a new mod or whatever.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I have a little screwdriver. It's kind of a pain to have to have one when you want to adjust it, but I can deal with that. If I could get it to set close to 4.5 (doesn't have to be exact) and stay there, that would be fine. But it doesn't. If you're able to adjust by 0.1 with no trouble, then yours works much better than mine. Maybe I should contact them about it, because mine jumps a lot with very little turning of the screwdriver, and won't stay put when I stop turning the screwdriver.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
I recently bought the madvapes VV box mod, without the LED.

I only wanted it for a backup, and I guess it'll do that, but I'm really not very impressed. Turning the knob to change the voltage just a tiny amount jumps it way up or down. It's very difficult to get it where I want it.

You might consider sending it back to MadVapes.

I purchased the MadVapes VV box mod with Indicator, and I can adjust it very accurately, with my figures. You DO need to turn it very small amounts, but I can get it to within .1 volt without much trouble.

Maybe there's something wrong with yours... it should be able to adjust pretty easily.

I have a little screwdriver. It's kind of a pain to have to have one when you want to adjust it, but I can deal with that.

Just purchased one of these.

No screwdriver included. No screwdriver necessary!

It's all adjusted via the single Stainless Steel button. Displays current battery charge each time you press the button to vap, and with three button presses, you can adjust voltage up, in .1 volt increments. Four quick button presses allows you to lower the voltage. Much like a ProVari.

Costs a bit more then the MadVapes VV with Indicator, but it's a bit nicer. Guess my MadVapes will soon be relegated to back-up position :blush:

(I have the one on the far right on it's way to me! Can't wait!)

421015_142211282566955_130603103727773_177655_1611574878_n.jpg

Jim Bob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2011
Kentucky
UPDATE:

I had my NEW VV mod W Display in hand Saturday!!!!!!! Works perfect AND provided shipping back for the other unit as promised on here! EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE by ANY standards!

Placed another order since as a matter of fact!

IDK maybe I should submit another ticket to make sure he knows - hated to do that but on "second thought"

New Ticket submitted as you advised (thank you so much for that) :toast:

Redneck Disciple

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Kentucky
www.discipleradio.com
Yikes.. Didn't realize that there are a few of these boxes with problems. We're really want to get them fixed up for you guys and I've passed along that we're going to send replacements with return envelopes for any defective ones. If you paid for shipping to ship one back, then we can credit you with points. This only applies to VV mods with indicator..

I want to explain about our return policy and how we got here.

In the past, we used to mail a return envelope with a return envelope inside for just about every return. As Madvapes grew and the vaping community grew, this became a bit cost prohibitive and we had to adhere to more conventional return policies, not because of the cost or the time involved but because more than 90% of the items we received back worked and we found it was better to try and resolve the problems rather than just return everything.

With all the variations of e-cigs, resistances, connectors, batteries, cartomizers, atomizers, tanks, filling, etc.. There are bound to be folks with incompatible products as well as defective products.

I know with computers I think I'm a know it all, so when I call tech support on something I'm usually skeptical about taking basic steps which I feel that I've already taken but with an attitude, I follow the step by step, rebooting, clearing cache, etc and more times than not my problem is resolved by listening to the tech on the end of the phone. Irritates the crap out of me that I can't figure it out myself but I'm usually happy or have an action plan when the call is done.

Well, same things with e-cigs. Everyone is an expert, including myself :). When we respond to a ticket with suggestions of things to try, it's not because we're trying to delay, cheat or defraud anyone of a working product. We are offering honest suggestions that will fix the problem 98% of the time but you have to help us by actually trying the suggestions and not assuming that we're blowing smoke up your .... Madvapes does very well as a company and we are not cheap when it comes to customer satisfaction as it really is our top priority with fast shipping and accuracy of orders coming in 2nd.

A perfect example of repeat ticket items is cartomizers. Despite our no warranty, no return policy on cartomizers, we still get tickets on these every day.. They taste burnt, they don't work, the vapor production is bad, they have a primer taste to them and the list goes on and on.. In 2.5 years and handling and testing thousands are cartomizers personally, I have yet to come across a DOA carto. I've come across some that wouldn't work (wrong resistance or bad connection), ones that tasted burnt (wrong resistance or not enough liquid) and of course I've burnt up a few by putting a 1.7 ohm on a 7.4 volt device. But never one that was just dead out of the package. As you all know also, cartomizers have no primer so a bad tasting carto is either underfilled or has a bad tasting juice put into it.

In the scheme of all things, when we offered a warranty on cartomizers, there are people that take advantage of that in an endless cycle of ' the last cartomizers I ordered were bad' and then we'd send new ones.. The next week, 'the last cartomizers you sent me were bad' and we'd send more new ones. We finally went to a policy where we wanted the bad cartos back first before sending a return. We'd get back cartomizers that were used, paint scraped off, wrong model and brand new and working. It was a real bummer and a waste of both your time and ours.

Even with our current policy of no refunds or warranty on cartomizers, we'll still get tickets that say '8 out of 10 cartomizers were DOA'. Stuff like this doesn't make sense and you all know how 510 connectors can be, so we send out a troubleshooting list which some folks pay attention to and resolve the problem and others respond with dis-belief that we even suggest that they need to adjust the center pin on a 510 connector because they've never had to do it before.

Soon, we'll probably go to a policy of no warranties on atomizers like others have just because of the variations in using them. When someone wants a nice hot vape and throws a 2 ohm atty on thier 7 volt device, it's typically gonna burn up. Doesn't mean that we sell crap atomizers just because your last one lasted 2 months. We've experienced the same results as with cartos, getting back well used atties, wrong type, colors we don't carry, etc.

Right now we have a guy taking up resources by arguing that USPS priority mail service does not take 3 to 5 days but only takes 2 to 3 days. He's called 4 times today and has sent in 5 tickets. You may get your package sooner but our experience shows 3 to 5 days average.

One last topic.. Phones and tickets.. We have several phone numbers but it's really much more reliable to log a ticket if you are having a product issue. Phones are great for sales and to help troubleshoot but we can only add so many phone resources here and when you call, if it's during office hours, and don't get an answer it's usually that we're on the phone and unable to answer. We have more people working on tickets than on the phones. Monday is our busiest ticket day, with tickets backed up from the weekend so please be patient, we'll always do the right thing to resolve the issue.

Anyway sorry for the rant and if you guys are having problems with the VV boxes, we want to get that resolved asap for you. But we are going to ask a few questions to ensure compatibilty of all the items being used. There are a lot of variables with VV devices and things that can cause problems: manufacturing defects :(, wrong ohm atty at too high of a voltage popping the protection on batteries, too low of a voltage causing excessive heat, etc.. These are all things we want to talk about to help resolve the problem as quickly as possible but we need to determine that the product is indeed bad before we can just send one out so we need you folks to work with us a little and we'll get things fixed up asap.

Again, sorry for the rant..

hoog

Hey Hoggie
Thanks for all the help and Great CS/ I under stand it took some time but i pride myself with being truthful, I was honest from the start and want to let every one know Mad Vapes took care of the problem, Took some time but all is fine now, i have already made more orders and will continue.

BUT... i did send one back and had to pay for priority shipping and then you ll sent me a return shipping package to return the second one, and i have returned it.

If you want to credit me with points for my first return feel free but if not no prob..

Thank You Madvapes for all the supplies to aid my new habbit, you lose one you find one, Bye to anilogs

Redneck

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
I use tiny screwdriver from glasses repair kit (1$ in dollar store) and can adjust the voltage by 0.1v w/o problem.

I have two and though the voltage is a pain to set exactly I haven't had any problems once the voltage is set.

Would be nice if MadVapes put it together with a pot and resistors that limited the range to 3v to 6v instead of 0v to 7v. It would make it so much easier to set to a given voltage.

Errol

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
Are there other two battery VV units with voltage readout in the $50 range?

Errol

Yes, actually. Their are other box mods. Not many are .1V increments. There are some without LED readout, but are button adjustable, for a set range. There are also single battery VVs with led (Lavataube). And, there are others coming out.

I wanted to get the review of this mod done, because if it is good, it will add awareness of it.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
Today, I thought "Well, I need to box that up, contact madvapes to set up a trouble ticket, and get ready to send it back". But I thought that I should try it again before I did. Today, I'm having no trouble with it at all. I can set it easily, and it holds instead of jumping the voltage around easily.

I've no idea why. Maybe the batteries were not seated well or something when I tried it before.

One way or another, it's working. I've been vaping off it for the past hour or two with no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread