VV Box Mod With Voltage Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
Does anyone have a schematic on this mod. I'm trying to build one. Getting all the supplies from mad vapes.
I could probably figure it out, but if I had a schematic it would be easier.

Basically as far as I know it's the VV mod but you add in the indicator between the power out the switch (probably hook pin 2 on indicator to the + just after the switch and pin 1 to the ground..or run 2 wires off the switch one to the connector one to pin 2 on the indicator then from pin 1 to the connector) and the connector and you put everything in the center instead of the side (not sure if you need a resistor)..http://www.madvapes.com/How-to-build-a-Variable-Volt-Box-Mod-_b_37.html..look at the pics of the VV indicator mod and the how to I linked..go to the Modding Forum for more help...

Edit: If you wanted to get real fancy you could put in another button and run a wire from the battery + terminal into a switch to another pin on the indicator and when you push the button it would show the battery voltage..this way pin 1 would have to be on the ground wire on the other side of the connector..pins 2-6 on a indicator are all + for testing separate batteries...

Last edited:

Andyhrn

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
TX
I want to say "Thank you!" for the fast turn around shipping and extras in the package.
However the MV tank still make the VV turned off after a couple puffs and I have to reset On/Off switch to get the power back. Well, it doesn't bother me too much. I will use the tank with an USB pass trough. There probably was some miscommunication because I didn't complain about the heat while the VV is working. It's gets hot after the VV gots shutdown because of the significant voltage drop (I know sounds weird but it has happens again while I'm typing. LOL)
So far it works fine with cartomisers (but I used it only for a few minutes).
Thanks for the take care of the problem and inspection.

Jim Bob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2011
Kentucky
Yikes.. Didn't realize that there are a few of these boxes with problems. We're really want to get them fixed up for you guys and I've passed along that we're going to send replacements with return envelopes for any defective ones. If you paid for shipping to ship one back, then we can credit you with points. This only applies to VV mods with indicator..

So you know, those working the tickets must not be aware of this, I opened a ticket and was told to ship it (at my expense) and you'd repair or replace "asap" I did mention this post and have not heard back felt you should know.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
So can someone tell me what the difference is.. surely it will tell me what voltage i'm setting it at, right? I'll be just fine if it does. And I hope this ships asap so I have one to use... thanks.

The one with the voltage indicator is a newer version, and that indicator is the difference. Myself, I ordered one earlier tonight without the voltage indicator. I plan on it being a backup PV. I vape in various bars and restaurants and such, and I really don't want it drawing extra attention. That's also a little extra drain on the batteries, though I doubt it's much. 95% of the time (or more) I don't need it telling me what voltage I'm at anyway. I can dial up/down as needed.

For the few occasions where I do want to know what voltage I have, I ordered a separate voltage meter that screws onto the 510 connection. Linky to that product.

Black Assembled Volt Indicator

That gives me the best of both. While at home, playing around, wanting to know what I have it set to, I can use the meter. When I go out and don't want it lighting up and such, and for most of my "I'm just vaping my day away" situations, I don't have to have the meter.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
Madvapes has amazing customer service. Just skeptical on buying a unit with only a 30 day warrantee. I guess it is cheap enough. Are they lasting you guys alot longer? How is the performance on it with a 3 ohm duel coil carto tank? Looks great about to order just have these questions. :)

Hey Aaron
Remember me? We met a while back!

If you're interested, I'd be happy to hook up with you and you can try my MadVapes VV with Indicator out.

Bottom line, I'm thrilled with it! If it lasts me a year, I'll be pleased, and figure it's money well spent.

They perform excellently. It's been my "out and about" device for several weeks now.

Not sure how well it'd hold up, if I dropped it onto concrete, which I've done with my ProVari, but so far it's been great. ProVari was unharmed after a few drops onto concrete/wood floors, but I don't think the MadVapes would fair as well.

VinPuff68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2012
Poconos, PA
Good Evening fellow Madvapes patroners. :)

Well, Unfortunately I just had to submit a ticket for the new VV mod w/ v ind. ..
-DOA-

Tried Newly charged batteries.. no display, no fire.
Tried my Batteries from the other white box VV mod I got 2 weeks ago... ( I know they are working) No display , no fire.

Twisted the voltage screw up and down.. nothing.. :(

on /off switch in either position.. Nothing.

Kinda bummed.. But hopeful based on all the comments here that a new functional unit will come my way.

I saved the original packaging and invoice.

Any suggestions before it hits the mail back to them?

Thank you :)

Peace and God Bless ..

- Vin

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
Hey Aaron
Remember me? We met a while back!

If you're interested, I'd be happy to hook up with you and you can try my MadVapes VV with Indicator out.

Bottom line, I'm thrilled with it! If it lasts me a year, I'll be pleased, and figure it's money well spent.

They perform excellently. It's been my "out and about" device for several weeks now.

Not sure how well it'd hold up, if I dropped it onto concrete, which I've done with my ProVari, but so far it's been great. ProVari was unharmed after a few drops onto concrete/wood floors, but I don't think the MadVapes would fair as well.
I remember you. That is a great offer. Maybe I can make the walk tomorrow or some day next week. Will PM you. Really interested in this mod. Alot of vv mods are underpowered not this one. Hope the switch is powerful enough to handle duel coil tanks at 7.4 V :)

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
Good Evening fellow Madvapes patroners. :)

Well, Unfortunately I just had to submit a ticket for the new VV mod w/ v ind. ..
-DOA-

Tried Newly charged batteries.. no display, no fire.
Tried my Batteries from the other white box VV mod I got 2 weeks ago... ( I know they are working) No display , no fire.

Twisted the voltage screw up and down.. nothing.. :(

on /off switch in either position.. Nothing.

Kinda bummed.. But hopeful based on all the comments here that a new functional unit will come my way.

I saved the original packaging and invoice.

Any suggestions before it hits the mail back to them?

Thank you :)

Peace and God Bless ..

- Vin

What kind of batteries are they? Do you have a picture? I had some that worked in a 5V mod but not in the VV mod until I got some little magnets to go on the tops of the batteries ;)

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
Last edited:

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
Madvapes has amazing customer service. Just skeptical on buying a unit with only a 30 day warrantee. I guess it is cheap enough. Are they lasting you guys alot longer? How is the performance on it with a 3 ohm duel coil carto tank? Looks great about to order just have these questions. :)

I bought my first Variable Voltage Box Mod last July and my second Variable Voltage Box Mod in Sept

98% of my vaping is with LR atties and LR DC Cartos in and out of tanks and they haven't skipped a beat. I have no doubt they will last at least another year. I also have a Lava Tube and it doesn't begin to compare to these Mad Vapes mods for the HD type vaping I do.

Errol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread