Status
Not open for further replies.

spider362

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I'm just guessing here, but that little piece of paper might be insulating the coil from the side of the atomizer.

You won't notice any difference in the vape until the plus (+) side of the coil touches the case (which is the minus (-) side of the battery) and your battery goes "poof" due to a dead short.

Yinzer

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2011
Pittsburgh
I'm just guessing here, but that little piece of paper might be insulating the coil from the side of the atomizer.

You won't notice any difference in the vape until the plus (+) side of the coil touches the case (which is the minus (-) side of the battery) and your battery goes "poof" due to a dead short.

Hadn't thought of that. I removed it. There's quite a bit of space between the coil and the side of the case...and I can't imagine how there would be movement of the coil when it's all put together?

I wonder if my Ego Twist and Vision Spinner have some sort of protection against shorts. I assume so?

spider362

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Most regular e-cig batteries probably do have some protection against shorts, not so sure about the batteries for Mods, though.

I accidentally touched the plus and minus side of one of my eGo-C batteries when I was checking the voltage and couldn't get it to fire an atomizer until I put it on the charger which reset the protection circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread