Not open for further replies.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
An istick 30 would fit width wise...
55cb891b2927fe559466038657af2198.jpg

And I think it will fit the height if I can dremel enough out of the top...
7ba5f9d031678eea6ff39203e25b9ba8.jpg

Reactions: thetrucker

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
he he.. Ive been staring at my smokeless owl all damn day thinking the exact thing... Think this week Im going to make a wooden box wide enough to fit my sig mini 30W beside the squonk bottle. use the owls 510 and bottle setup, but power it from the siggy. I could do like the other guy did and simply use a spare rda deck to trap the wires in rather than gut and solder my siggy. that way when I finally save enough for a VW Reo I can return all this back to stock.

Reactions: thetrucker

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
he he.. Ive been staring at my smokeless owl all damn day thinking the exact thing... Think this week Im going to make a wooden box wide enough to fit my sig mini 30W beside the squonk bottle. use the owls 510 and bottle setup, but power it from the siggy. I could do like the other guy did and simply use a spare rda deck to trap the wires in rather than gut and solder my siggy. that way when I finally save enough for a VW Reo I can return all this back to stock.
The fat daddy v3 with bottom feeder pins work pretty good but was a little hard to solder to. One of the nice things about the FDV V3 is the spring loaded pin unlike the smokeless owl's fixed pin.

I'm thinking my next one will be istick 50 powered and use a mix of 1/4 inch and 1/8 inch wood to try to keep it as small as possible. One of the toughest issues is how to secure the mod to the squonk box. An ugly velcro strap works but is certainly not ideal.

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
This diy vv squonker is also reliable too---you don't have to worry about tiny-fragile circuit boards and what kind of rare Chinese chip

that is included it the board.

No worrys as to how much energy your firing button can take before it melts.

No battery sled and brass contacts to worry about gluing down.

Charger built in--no need for battery removal.

Plus it is one of a kind--custom--special mod.

Great idea and nice job you did on installing the battery and building this interesting mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread