Want more out of Reo :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero7starz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 10, 2009
    my vtc's also didn't like my reo, have heard reports that the samsungs and lg play better with it. but as said, my system is AW1600 and i'm sticking to it

The Samsung pinkies are what I'm using. No issues with it at all, mine are getting pretty old though.

I think a shorter button throw would be nice.

zero7starz

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 10, 2009
    So I've been experimenting.

Tuesday I stopped by (two) Vape shops and gathered up some new supplies.

I picked up both 25g and 26g Kanthal, some Japanese organic cotton brand name Puffs, and an Efeast button top IMR 2500mAh 35A battery on recommendation from the guy in the shop.
    The guy was the owner and I'd met him before and he's a great guy. Ya know he owns his Vape shop for those trying to quit smoking and not for the profit. He's all about the community. One of the few owners I actually trust around here. Anyways, the cotton he actually gave me for free - that was what I originally went in there for and he wouldn't let me pay for it lol. So I opted to go ahead and get the battery he recommended. To be fair, I was ready to buy his $10 bag of cotton so I kinda got BOGO lol. I'll still get one of the AWs though soon.

Anyways. So the first thing I did was stick that new battery on the charger, and build a new micro coil with the 25g. 9 wraps on 2mm and it came out beautiful and perfect, at .50ohms (and thinking about it now, I am ashamed that I didn't take a picture of it!)
    It was a huge punch in the lungs of intensity and the hottest (not dry burning) Vape I have ever eeveeeeeer had hahaha. And I have built sub ohm before!! Just not in my lil RM2 :B

I had to go find a cheap wide bore tip for some cooling to fully enjoy it. And I vaped that with some virus for a couple days. It was fun. It's not something I can ADV at like work or anything like that. (At least without widening that air hole up a LOT, and idk if I am 100% ready or prepared for that kind of a mod.)

Now, I just got done rebuilding again. This time with the 26g kanthal, again with 9 wraps on 2mm. Came out to (exactly what I was hoping for,) a .9ohm coil. Wicked that with the JOC and Strawnilla, and I think I've found a good happy medium. It's a medium step down from my like 1.4ohm 28g coil, and with it brings some greater intensity. It's not hot, and I can use my regular tip, but it does put out more vapor like I was looking for.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424404679.780058.jpg

Still considering having my Igo-M modified to bottom feed, but I'm going to have to put it off for a bit. Expenses n whatnot have gotten a bit higher after the beginning of the year and its cutting into my Vape budget.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2013
    Gabriola Island, Canada
    Glad you're having fun with the experimentation. It's fun to try new build types out, no?

Not that it will affect builds with the kind of resistance you're going for, but those efest bats are actually rated for 20A continuous - the 35A rating is for pulse. You're still plenty safe drawing up to the 8.4A you are with a .5ohm build.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread