"Warmest Vape" POD System

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArminF

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2018
Switzerland
Hey, i would need your help and some proposals.

Looking for a warm vape POD system. I guess its temperature based then. So more wattage more heat.

My tests so far
- smok Infinix - in the middle of my warm spectrum (16 Watt when full)
- vaporesso Nexus - to low even with 12.5 Watt temp. control
- Vaporesso Zero - warmer with 12.5 Watt temp. control as the Nexus. Flavor not bad
- MyJet - seems to be the warmest with 20 Watt but the coils/wick bring to much dry hits
- BO - warm, great flavor but closed pods.

I like the zero as it can be easy refilled. No plug, no stress, just press down your bottle.

BUT maybe some of you has some more tips for me.
thank you very much!
armin

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I'm really pleased with the Zero. But I'm not all that much about the warmth. I run it at the lowest power but to maintain the same vape through an entire charge I do have to bump the power up as the charge diminishes. Don't really notice any change in warmth. Due to the temp control I suppose.
I know Innokin's rep for producing heavy hitters goes way back. @Brewdawg1181 mentioned that his new Innokin EQ gives a great hit but didn't mention warmth in particular. Perhaps he'll pop in and share his opinion.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
If you're after a warm vape, look at the Aspire Spryte or Nautilus AIO devices. Basically, they slightly overpower the coils by running at ~12 watts. Both have adjustable airflow and limiting it keeps things nice & toasty.

For me, the Aspires are warmer than the Infinix, Vladdin and minifit.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Hey, i would need your help and some proposals.

Looking for a warm vape POD system. I guess its temperature based then. So more wattage more heat.

My tests so far
- Smok Infinix - in the middle of my warm spectrum (16 Watt when full)
- Vaporesso Nexus - to low even with 12.5 Watt temp. control
- Vaporesso Zero - warmer with 12.5 Watt temp. control as the Nexus. Flavor not bad
- MyJet - seems to be the warmest with 20 Watt but the coils/wick bring to much dry hits
- BO - warm, great flavor but closed pods.

I like the zero as it can be easy refilled. No plug, no stress, just press down your bottle.

BUT maybe some of you has some more tips for me.
thank you very much!
armin
Yeah, Foggy & I swapped the Zero for the EQ. I got mine, but his Zero hasn't showed up yet. :grr:

I tried the Infinix, and liked it a lot better than Juul.
Tried the Zero, and liked it, except for how hard you had to draw to activate firing.

I'm only on the 2nd fill of the EQ, and yes, it's definitely warmer than either, even on the low setting - in fact, it's warmer than my doggy at 0.5 ohm 8.5W. As far as pods, it's the best I've tried (and warmest). I'm surprised how good a hit it delivers for a little pod. It's a really solid vape - very dense, good throat hit. And the chip seems to heat really quickly- I never need a priming puff. It's definitely a thirsty coil, though - I'm surprised how few hits it takes to get near empty. I don't know if that'll change on this fill up, but it did sort of taste a little "plasticky" when the first one got near empty. But it was fine after refilling.

Overall, I'm liking it so far. I wish the pod was more clear, so you could monitor the juice without holding it to the light. And it would be nice to have it be draw activated, but only if it's much more responsive than the Zero. Oh, and I didn't like the press to fill on the Zero. EQ is really easy to fill, and no leaks, no condensation under the pod. But on the 2nd fill, I filled to the very top and got a little gurgling at first, so I'd recommend leaving a little bit of room when filling.

Hope this helps!

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Button pressed is so out. Sad it does not drawfire.

May be "out". But the problem with drawfire is finding one that matches your type of draw. When I first tried my zero I took a few puffs and THREW it back at it's box! The drawfire wouldn't react properly to my MTL draw. Since I had won it I didn't care, it was going to the trash! Then I had an idea on how to restrict the airflow to match my draw. Tried again and it became my all day vape. So good luck finding the drawfire that works right for you. They're not all the same.

ArminF

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2018
Switzerland
@Foggy Road - you are right now all draw sensors are the same. pressing a button is the simplest way to keep it working all the time.

@EverythingEvil - Yes, thats why i am looking for warmer vape. custard and cremes just taste so much better.

@Brewdawg1181 - Thank you. Very good details.

ArminF

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2018
Switzerland
Right now i can split my vaping into Home and Office.
Office means outside in the cold (its winter here in Europe) and so i need constant warm power. Here i use the Orion in replay mode which works pretty good.
Home means in room temperature where i do not need the "warmth" replay mod so much. Here i selected the zero also as i am old and lazy and do not need to press a button. As long i can stay inside the zero works perfect. Maybe outside in summer as well.

innokin needs to speed up and maybe they bring out a draw fire with the same specs very soon. I would guess they keep the chip and just insert a draw fire piece. AND a 1A charging speed.. two hours to charge is today a nogo!

keep fingers pressed...

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
About the ZERO. Used the it nearly the whole weekend. Very impressed in room temperature. Nice, smooth, warm vape. BUT as soon as you go outside it just fails when it comes to flavour.

This makes sense to me. I rarely vape outside so hadn't noticed. When I step outside my 'house' I'm normally busy. But with the (IMO) massive airflow of the Zero I can see how the tiny coil might not be able to overcome the cold air in winter environment.

ArminF

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2018
Switzerland
UPDATE
- got the EQ
- got replacement PODs for the ZERO

--> OK, the vape is really warmer from the EQ. And indeed the warmest i had beside the Orion which i leave out as "she" is chip regulated.
--> The EQ delivers the "hardest" throat hit especially after the first priming draw
--> Flavorwise the ZERO is still a beater and better than the EQ even if the EQ produces a warmer vape. I think this is given by the ceramic coils.
--> Vapor Volume wise the Zero with the new ceramic coil produces a higher volume. Softer and nearly as warm.
--> Sizewise the zero is smaller and more compact.
--> EQ is button pressed.. hm..

----> Conclusion
Zero pods are cheaper, device is smaller, faster loaded (45 min vs 2 hours). Pods are both actually easy to fill. Draw/Airflow are the same Zero is a bit looser.

Will vape on the EQ now just to see if it gets better. Used a diamond feel to open the airflow a bit. Now its same as the Zero. Can be done on the POD and the side.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I think the EQ can get lip burning warm if you prime it a couple of times. When I tried my wifes she had just done a DL drag and I was like "ouch" when I took a drag.
The 0.5 ohm cooks the juice more effectively with same watts as the 1.0 Zero coil pack. And the Zero is temp controlled for mega-smooth vaping.

To me the Zero was like a well tuned family sedan that drives a like a luxury car and the EQ was like a turbo charged sportscar that drives like a bigger car. Both were satisfying but in different ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread