Warning! Flawed Stingray Clones! MUST SEE FOR STINGRAY CLONE USERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

uselessmidget

May 8, 2014
Illinois
In this video I give you a quick rundown on the Stingray 26650 Clone and reveal a major flaw in the design.

Please be safe and always check new mods, especially clones.
If your mod suffers from this problem please leave a comment below describing your mod i.e. 26650, 18650.

All in all I like the simplistic design of the Stingray 26650 clone, being that is so closely resembles the tried and true nemesis design and expands on that by separating the 510 atomizer / battery rattle adjustment into two separate screws.

I also like that I can use the airflow adjustment to shim my atomizer to line up perfectly with my mod. (i.e. the logos will always line up if I want them too.)

Please share this with anyone you know that has a stingray clone or may be selling them, this quick fix could save you a finger in the future. We're all in this for the same reason, to quit cigarettes & better our health so please stay safe when using Lithium Batterys.

UPDATE SEE PART 2 ASWELL BELOW:

UPDATE SEE PART 2 ASWELL:
http://youtu.be/stUoTh22OX8

Last edited:

dragonpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Interestingly, this video highlighted a potential issue with my clone. Only I have a nemesis clone.

I bought a black nemesis clone from My Freedom Smokes on sale last week. I received it on Friday, and I've been vaping on it continually ever since with no issues at all. However...

nemesis_threads.jpg

I saw in the video that the original nemesis has notches in the threads at the switch for venting. Mine does not, though it does have vent holes in the side as in the original. When assembled with the switch and the vent holes covered it does vent a little air through the switch when I blow into it, but there's a lot of resistance; it does not vent nearly as much there as through the vent holes.

Should I be concerned? My mod is vaping fine and it never gets hot, but I don't want problems in the future.

If I should be concerned, what should I do? I have no access to machining tools of any kind. Should I request from the vendor that the switch, or the mod, be replaced?

Keep in mind this is my first mod. I've educated myself on mods, but that does not compare to hands-on experience.

dragonpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My 18650 stingray clone does have have grooves through the threads on the bottom so it is vented.

Who made the clone your have?

Will the place you bought it stand behind what they sell and take it back?

It is referred to as the "MFS Nemesis" in the product description, so I assume My Freedom Smokes is at least taking responsibility for it. Should I also request that they refund me for the batteries and charger I bought for it as well, seeing as how without that sale I may not be able to buy a replacement? :mad: this is annoying...

dragonpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My concern with no bottom vent is if a battery swells at all before venting... there may be no place for that gas to go if the mod only vents through holes in the side of tube body itself.

Gotcha. I like my fingers and I want to keep them. I'll email them.

uselessmidget

May 8, 2014
Illinois
Interestingly, this video highlighted a potential issue with my clone. Only I have a nemesis clone.

I bought a black nemesis clone from My Freedom Smokes on sale last week. I received it on Friday, and I've been vaping on it continually ever since with no issues at all. However...

View attachment 364119

I saw in the video that the original nemesis has notches in the threads at the switch for venting. Mine does not, though it does have vent holes in the side as in the original. When assembled with the switch and the vent holes covered it does vent a little air through the switch when I blow into it, but there's a lot of resistance; it does not vent nearly as much there as through the vent holes.

Should I be concerned? My mod is vaping fine and it never gets hot, but I don't want problems in the future.

If I should be concerned, what should I do? I have no access to machining tools of any kind. Should I request from the vendor that the switch, or the mod, be replaced?

Keep in mind this is my first mod. I've educated myself on mods, but that does not compare to hands-on experience.

For your situation the easiest fix I can think of is t take a square or triangle file and using just the corner of it cut the groves into the threads just like you see on my switch. Just take your time and Im sure you'll be able to fix it yourself.
The reason you need vent holes is in the case of a catastrophic failure i.e. a short and your battery ruptures. By having these vent holes it lets the pressure of the battery out before it can build and cause it to explode.

uselessmidget

May 8, 2014
Illinois
My 18650 stingray clone does have have grooves through the threads on the bottom so it is vented.

Who made the clone your have?

Will the place you bought it stand behind what they sell and take it back?

I currently do not know the manufacture who made mine, I am working on getting that info. I purchased mine from a local B&M who I have contacted and informed him of the issue. He has told me he will be pulling all of his clones and either have them replaced or apply the fix I show in the video.

dragonpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I contacted my vendor and asked them to either replace the bottom switch or replace the mod with one that has proper venting. We'll see what they say. As for the nemesis clone, it is fully assembled and back in its box, I will not touch it until the issue is resolved.

Thank you OP for posting this video! I knew about mod venting but until I watch this and it specifically discussed the nemesis, I was not aware that mine wasn't properly vented.

uselessmidget

May 8, 2014
Illinois
I contacted my vendor and asked them to either replace the bottom switch or replace the mod with one that has proper venting. We'll see what they say. As for the nemesis clone, it is fully assembled and back in its box, I will not touch it until the issue is resolved.

Thank you OP for posting this video! I knew about mod venting but until I watch this and it specifically discussed the nemesis, I was not aware that mine wasn't properly vented.

Glad I could help and thanks for sharing about your nemesis!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread