WARNING! Some of Lorann's flavorings may contain harmful dyes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cherry, and Rasberry flavorings, both have Red dye #40 & Blue #1,
Watermelon contains Red dye #3 & Red dye #40.
Peach has Yellow dye # 5 & Red dye #40.
(NOTE:These just a few I've checked).

I realize these dyes, are also found in alot of foods nowadays, but myself, I don't feel comfortable inhaling it directly into my lungs for the next however many years,

I just learned of this and thought I'd share, so you atleast KNOW what you're vaping and leave the choice up to you, whether to use certain flavors or not.

I heard about these dyes in foods being dangerous, even cancer causing some years ago, thought I'd look it up and here is what I've found:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE: The following is a brief description of some known food dyes that can cause adverse health effects:

• FD&C Yellow 5 (tartrazine): breakfast cereals, jams, snack foods, packaged noodles, soups, dry drink powders, candy, pudding. May cause palpitations, hives and itching in children, restlessness, sleep disturbances, asthma and allergic reactions.
  • FD&C Blue 1 (brilliant blue dye): dairy products, jellies, icings, syrups, extracts, drinks and candies. Cause of death in some elderly patients due to enteral (tube) feeding. Banned in many countries but not the U.S. or Canada. This is derived from petroleum distillates.
  • FD&C Red 3: E127 (erythrosine): used in dental labs, printing inks and food dye. Found in candies, baked goods, condiments and snack foods. Has estrogen-like growth stimulatory properties. Significant risk factor in human breast carcinogenesis. Possible thyroid tumors and chromosomal damage.
  • FD&C Red 40 (Allura Red): snack foods. Can cause tumors, lymphomas and adhd in children

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I added a couple drops of Lorann grape to some liquid yesterday, and it just looked thick and unvapable, with a really strong chemical smell... I think I'll stick to clear flavoring and Dekang for now... Dekang grape is, unexpectedly, one of my favorites =)

Just curious. You say 'unexpectedly' and that's not the first time I've seen that. I've resisted getting grape - not a favorite of mine but I also never liked pear until Nhalers - got it for my wife and vaped on it myself ;-) I might have to pick up a bottle of grape on next order....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread