The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Warnings from antivirus

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by RichardV, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Norrin

Norrin Super Member

Aug 29, 2014
    Shetland
    Going to give it a go too, I know I have malware that other stuff I use is missing anyway.

2. Maiar

Maiar Ultra Member ECF Veteran

My Avast also pulled this today. I had to manually set it to ignore this site.

3. Shirtbloke

Shirtbloke Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2014
    UK
    I ran Combofix and it found and deleted a bunch of stuff that the other virus killers had missed so let's hope that's the end of this.

4. damselle

damselle Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 29, 2012
    New England
    Me too! just started this morning with my Mac desktop. was not happening yesterday with ipad. and only when I tried to access forum from email link. I logged on through my bookmark to come here and report it.

5. tazzle

tazzle Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 5, 2014
    Athens, Greece
    Just as added info in case it's useful, I got this too from Avast. I did a full system scan which came up clean.

6. damselle

Jan 29, 2012
    New England
    Avast found no infections for me either

7. Norrin

Norrin Super Member

Aug 29, 2014
    Shetland
    :2cool: Combofix has fixed my problems, no idea what they were as the log was TL:DR and honestly I don't care what it was as long as it's gone so thanks to Retired1 for pointing me in the right direction :thumbs:

8. damselle

Jan 29, 2012
    New England
    tried to download free version of malwarebytes, but all I get is text....

9. Shirtbloke

Apr 26, 2014
    UK
    Those logs are something else aren't they? It told me there was stuff to be deleted but didn't say why they had to be deleted - as least as far as I could see. Still if it's done the job I'm a happy camper. Also thanks (again) to Retired1 for the help.

10. Shirtbloke

Apr 26, 2014
    UK
    Malwarebytes didn't work for me it didn't find any malware - though it's usually very good. Try Combofix - it found stuff that others didn't.

11. Shirtbloke

Apr 26, 2014
    UK
    I should also mention that yesterday I got asked by Wordpress to authenticate a bogus password change on a site that I run. I'd changed the password on that site just a couple of days earlier so some evil piece of malware may well have been recording things. Could be unrelated to all this but be cautious - if that's what's happening it may have captured any logon details since you've had it.

I'm going to change some passwords.

12. RichardV

RichardV Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have been doing random checks today thru-out this and other forums, and only have the Script-inf warning when I go to "ECF Veterans Forum/Ask The Vets".
    I get the warning on every thread there, both normal & sticky threads.

13. damselle

Jan 29, 2012
    New England
    Thanks Shirtbloke. Combo fix only works with windows. Maybe that's the issue with malware bytes too......

14. UncleJunkle

UncleJunkle Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    USA
    Been getting the same alerts from Avast as well. 2 weeks now. Be careful with combofix. You can really mess things up with a program like that. Great program, but not for just anyone to use.

15. Shirtbloke

Apr 26, 2014
    UK
    Well it's started happening again for me, so all that effort didn't get rid of whatever it was. Damn.

16. retired1

retired1 Administrator Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    Considering it's just Avast that's doing this, you should identify the issue to Avast so they can tweak the definitions to stop popping false positives.

17. Ohio Points

Ohio Points Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 6, 2012
    O-HI-O
    Yep same problems here, random block for certain pages after using search function via Avast,

18. Ohio Points

Dec 6, 2012
    O-HI-O
    How did you do this, I can't find out where to do it?

19. Ohio Points

Dec 6, 2012
    O-HI-O
    OK this worked for me, still getting the positives but now I can report them and still see the requested page.
    How to Make Exclusions With Avast | The Classroom | Synonym

20. Flt Simulation

Flt Simulation Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2014
    Florida
    The only forum on ECF I have problems with is the "Variable Voltage APV Discussion".

For the last couple of days I have received Avast warnings when on that forum. Sometimes all I get is "This Page Cannot Be Displayed", but when I do get on it, this is the virus that Avast blocks and then sends to my "Avast Virus chest".

Here is the thread I was on just a few minutes ago, and received the Avast warning: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/593837-vapor-flask-44.html

Here is the name of the virus that that was found in my virus chest after receiving it from the thread I mentioned above:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.