Not open for further replies.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I have been doing random checks today thru-out this and other forums, and only have the Script-inf warning when I go to "ECF Veterans Forum/Ask The Vets".
I get the warning on every thread there, both normal & sticky threads.

Ha! Just got a popup from my Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Premium):

Domain: radioskin.com
IP: 94.242.216.69
type: Outbound

yikes.

misu

Nov 16, 2014
B~lo,NY
Ha! Just got a popup from my Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Premium):

Domain: radioskin.com
IP: 94.242.216.69
type: Outbound

yikes.

radioskin.com is what pops up when Avast is warning me of a threat. It doesn't show up on scans though. I have the free version and it doesn't show all of the things that are in quarantine. Or, I don't know how to access it. Nothing shows up on a Malwarebytes scan.

Is radioskin edf's data collector program?

Shirtbloke

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
UK
I don't seem to have had the problem for a couple of days now - fingers crossed.

Here's a couple of extra things that I've tried.....
Downloaded and tried out Malwarebytes Anti rootkit Beta.......
https://www.malwarebytes.org/antirootkit/

I also tried Malwarebytes anti-exploit but found it conflicts with AdBlock so uninstalled it (your milage may vary)......
https://www.malwarebytes.org/antiexploit/

Also uninstalled Firefox - I'd only installed it a couple of days before all this started so I wondered if that might be playing a part.

So as I say I've had a couple of days free from this - let's hope that it's all gone away.

X6X8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Paris, Tx, USA
At 2am this morning, I was here reading a few threads and upon clicking the "Forum" button to return to the home page, I received a warning from my Avast (free version) that a threat was detected. I could still go to other ecig forum threads that I had bookmarked, but I just could not return to the home page. I ended up turning in a "job ticket" to request that the home page be checked out to see what was going on.

This morning, everything was working fine again. The home page was working, and Avast was not indicating a threat warning anymore.

I did run a full scan on my system, and no threats were found.

I found this thread just a little while ago, and was surprised to see others had similar problems in the recent past.

Weird..

damselle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2012
New England
Well, more weirdness. I'm not having this problem on my Mac any longer. Now I'm having it on my on my laptop, Toshiba beauty, that is run with Windows. now I'm getting the radioskin block as well, where before it was something else....

This same thing happened with Nu-Vapor forum a few years ago. I recall they were quick to blame their members systems as well, only to have to shut down completely several months afterwards because of technical issues.

Hope that doesn't have to happen here...cause this is my home.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Quick note: there are too many member reports for this to be a local issue at the visitor's end. It's here.

We know it's a local issue when there is only one report, or maybe a couple that are related to known browser issues or whatever. When there are multiple reports it's going to be here. Sometimes it's serious, sometimes it's just the latest update of an app that doesn't like a particular scrip or something.

When there are multiple reports but of varying issues - like now - then we know it's not just an update causing an exception, which is probably harmless; we know it is likely to be a problem and not a false alarm.

Because it jumps from page to page, it is probably caused by an infected banner advert.

Question is, is it just a minor issue such as 3rd party site linked on the ad target site, maybe just a crud site that's blacklisted for poor ethics; or is it a malware script-infected ad? Or something in between? We won't know till the advert is identified.

So - if you see a banner ad on the page that throws the AV message then please tell us what the ad is - thanks. Otherwise it may take some time to track down, as it means viewing every ad, on a computer known to trigger AV warnings with any level of exception detected.

Thanks.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Last edited:

Shirtbloke

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
UK
Good news - looks like we've found and fixed the problem.

Many thanks to all who provided feedback. Please rest assured that when there are multiple reports of a problem, we do not assign the blame to members - we know the problem is here and we will search it out and fix it.

That's good to know. Any chance of knowing what was going on - without giving away any secrets of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread