Water And E-Juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingcobra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Canada
This may sound like a stupid question, but has anyone tried mixing water in juice? I know that we use PG and VG for vapor, but what if someone doesn't care about vapor? Do atties fire hot enough to vape water in the juice? If water can be used, how much could you get away with % wise? For instance, what if I mixed 60 mg PG nic juice half and half with water?

LucentShadow

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Michigan, USA
A reasonable amount of water is no problem. I avoid PG, and I usually have around 20% DW in my VG juices. I think that I've gone as high as 30%, and it worked O.K., but I wasn't keeping track well with that experiment.

Water added to VG will thin it out, and the resulting liquid will also have a lower boiling point than VG. I'd guess that too much water would lower the atomizer temperature too much because of the lower boiling point.

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
I also vape vg and have added up to 25% dw without issue.

I believe that bacteria is called cryptosporadium (sp) and its only found in standing waters (ponds and small lakes), and well water. We had a couple people last summer in western new york die of it, sadly. Tap water with the addition of chlorine kills it. However, dw is what you should use for vaping as it has all the hard minerals, chlorine, flouride, removed.

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
I gotta say Kurt and I diy along the same lines and once Ive got a recipe I like down flavoring wise adding the remainder in dw to get the VG down around the 75%-80% mark my juices work great. I never get dry mouth or anything. What I do get is some phlegm kinda built up if Im vaping alot but I just clear my throat. Id rather have that than the crushing headaches I got from high pg juices.

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
i have never added water to my mixes, although i have always thought about it.

Im wondering, lately i have been mixing at around 95% vg with the other 5% being the pg coming from the flavors and what not... the few things that i have noticed from the switch to mostly vaping at 95% vg is that i loove the vapor production.. fantastic, but now im missing that TH i used to like.. so im thinking of adding maybe a little more pg in the mix.. also, ive noticed that i get this weird taste in the back of my throat, almost as if i have too much vg or like a tap water taste in the back notes of any flavor that i am currently vaping. its so weird and annoying.. does anyone know what that is?

maybe i should use some water in my mixes to cut the vg a bit to not make it too thick and see if that weird flavor goes away... i also get that mucus build up in my throat.. i want that to go away also.. anyone know about that and why we get it???

i used to get dry mouth with my mixes, but not anymore.. i must be doing something right.. i wish i can help and tell you guys that i know exactly what it is..

wizard10000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
midwestern us
Think I want to expand on the DW vs. tap water thing.

I personally use cartomizers and don't keep a coil long enough for the minerals in tap water to foul it - it's just my habit, but I rotate batteries and change the carto in my tank once a week. As far as bacteria goes, distilled water ain't sterile neither ;)

If I was dripping exclusively or using cartridges or maybe rebuildable cartomizers then yeah - I'd be using DW in my mixes. I've got enough of it on hand since I use it in my CPAP machine but for disposable cartomizers? Nah - but that's just my opinion.

I don't mind using tap water but I'd never ever use well water in a DIY mix - now that's just scary.

:D

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
I think the OP was talking about just using DW without pg or vg, I may be wrong, wouldn't be the first time lol.

I think just using water would be too thin and would leak like a sieve from your carto, etc.

On the issue of tap water vs distilled, I heard in the news that the bacteria is also present in the pipes not just stagnant water. Besides, I don't think vaping anything with chlorine is good for my lungs so I stick with DW.

mudhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2012
versailles mo.
i use well water all the time for drinking and vaping.......i think that folks are running scared all the time.

i eat a lot of brown rice.....almost every day....but the news a couple of weeks ago,says that rice has a lot of arsenic in it...did i quit eating it ?........hell no...........every day there is a new boogie man ,and i am sick of hearing them preaching to us,,,,,,,,follow the money,,scare the sheeple and we can get them to do and believe anything.

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
i use well water all the time for drinking and vaping.......i think that folks are running scared all the time.

i eat a lot of brown rice.....almost every day....but the news a couple of weeks ago,says that rice has a lot of arsenic in it...did i quit eating it ?........hell no...........every day there is a new boogie man ,and i am sick of hearing them preaching to us,,,,,,,,follow the money,,scare the sheeple and we can get them to do and believe anything.

dam. nuff said...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread