Wave of the future, Love that plastic taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

alkiburner

Feb 27, 2011
Florida
Started a rebuild on my first atomizer. The atomizer is 6 months old and still worked but produced little to no vapor cloud. I cleaned the atty regularly weekly with alchol dip. Upon removing the steel sleeve the ceramic cup that is suppose to hold the tub wrapped with mesh is not ceramic at all. It looks like a clear plastic cone with the wires comng out just like the ceramic. I then started to remove the metal mesh around the tub. Low and behold the tub the mesh is wrapped around is plastic. So I grabbed a different atty, one that I had purchased about 3 months ago. Same thing! I just got a new set of attys with my third starter kit. So I pulled one of those apart. Same thing all plastic parts. All the atty's were purchased from well known vendors listed on this forum. The wicks from the first 2 attys looked almost identical. The strands inside the coil were completely black and crusty. The strands outside and closest to the cool looked like melted plastic. The rest of the strands looked white. The coils were completely cooked, they pretty much fell apart when touched.
So it looks like china has done it again. Looks like the plastic taste is part of the build. Unless I can find the ceramic attys as posted by VAPORER in his post:
Rebuilding your 510 Atomizer Step by Step - 801 & 901's too!
By the way Thanks for rebuild info!!!!
I am going to finish the rebuild just had to order new wick.
Maybe between the firewick and the new nichrome coil I might delete some of that plastic taste.
:vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread