We are on the new server - glitches expected!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Hello all,

I'm pleased to say that we are now on the new server, so hopefully we can now consign the "server busy" messages to history!

However, there are a few glitches we are aware of and some, doubtlessly, that we are not.

I would be very grateful, therefore, if you would post any bugs you stumble upon in this thread.

We are aware of the following:

1. Users not receiving email updates
  2. Avatars and Signature images missing
  3. Avatar/signature upload problems
  4. Webroot redirect not working
Hopefully we'll get everything cleared up very soon.....

Thanks,

SJ

Last edited:

Ez Duzit

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Southern California
Ed, would you please be a bit clearer? Where, exactly, can you not post? All threads or threads in one particular forum?

Thanks,

SJ

Ed? Who's Ed?;):D
Can't say exactly which part of the forum it was. I was trying to respond to various threads I subscribe to, (Through email notification). But it has happened maybe 4 or 5 times in the past few days. When it happened, it effected every post I tried to respond to. What typically would happen is, I would get all the way to submitting a response and after clicking the button, the entire page turns white, and there's a short message in the very top left hand corner. Can't remember what it said though. If it happens again, I'll make a note of it.

Ez

Last edited:

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
Ed? Who's Ed?;):D
Can't say exactly which part of the forum it was. I was trying to respond to various threads I subscribe to, (Through email notification). But it has happened maybe 4 or 5 times in the past few days. When it happened, it effected every post I tried to respond to. What typically would happen is, I would get all the way to submitting a response and after clicking the button, the entire page turns white, and there's a short message in the very top left hand corner. Can't remember what it said though. If it happens again, I'll make a note of it.

Ez

Sounds like a DNS connection error. That wouldn't be a forum issue as much as an Internet connection issue. I get that from time to time as well, more often that most people because I connect via satellite, and not just to this forum.

It could be just that the route between you and the server has had some periodic issues over the last few days.

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
SJ, uploading pictures to my album gives the following errors:

Warning: fopen(./albumpics/3/3410.picture) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in [path]/includes/class_dm_picture.php on line 488

Failed to write file. Check disc quotas and permissions for the path: ./albumpics/thumbs/3/9499d02147791b5b562b8924b7fd00ac_3410.jpg

Eric in AK

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
Alaska
SJ, uploading pictures to my album gives the following errors:

Warning: fopen(./albumpics/3/3410.picture) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in [path]/includes/class_dm_picture.php on line 488

Failed to write file. Check disc quotas and permissions for the path: ./albumpics/thumbs/3/9499d02147791b5b562b8924b7fd00ac_3410.jpg

I think I got the same thing:
Failed to write file. Check disc quotas and permissions for the path: ./albumpics/thumbs/3/0273e2abf94c7c4cf8d72e5784039ce5_3411.jpg

I created an album, tried to upload two photos (both under 20KB), and got that error message.

I also tried using the paper clip "manage attachment" thing and kept getting the "upload failed" message with no explanation.

TJPatt72

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Tx
Last edited:

Ez Duzit

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Southern California
I try to respond to a post and when I click submit it repeatedly says "page not found" in the upper left corner. I can post other responses but every now and then one won't work, no matter how many times I try it.

Yup, that's the same message I was also getting when trying to respond to some posts.

Doug_Dread

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2009
Jo'burg, South Africa
I don't know what the problem is but I have found a work-around.

The failing posts were fairly long, about 4 paragraphs. When the above posts in this thread went through, I tried breaking up the failing posts into short posts of 1 or 2 paragraphs, and then they went through ok. Maybe some sort of character limit kicking in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread