The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

We are on the new server - glitches expected!

Discussion in 'Announcements and News' started by Oliver, Oct 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Oliver

Oliver ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe Admin Verified Member

Hello all,

I'm pleased to say that we are now on the new server, so hopefully we can now consign the "server busy" messages to history!

However, there are a few glitches we are aware of and some, doubtlessly, that we are not.

I would be very grateful, therefore, if you would post any bugs you stumble upon in this thread.

We are aware of the following:

1. Users not receiving email updates
    2. Avatars and Signature images missing
    3. Avatar/signature upload problems
    4. Webroot redirect not working
    Hopefully we'll get everything cleared up very soon.....

Thanks,

SJ

2. Liscab

Liscab Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2009
    Miami fl.
    I am not facing problems with avatars,signature or Email updates

3. TaketheRedPill

TaketheRedPill Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2009
    Southern California
  4. Oliver

Thanks TaketheRedPill, I've identified the problem and we'll take care of it asap.

SJ

5. Ez Duzit

Ez Duzit Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2009
    Southern California
    Can't always reply to posts the last few days.

6. Oliver

Ed, would you please be a bit clearer? Where, exactly, can you not post? All threads or threads in one particular forum?

Thanks,

SJ

7. Ez Duzit

Aug 16, 2009
    Southern California
    Ed? Who's Ed?;):D
    Can't say exactly which part of the forum it was. I was trying to respond to various threads I subscribe to, (Through email notification). But it has happened maybe 4 or 5 times in the past few days. When it happened, it effected every post I tried to respond to. What typically would happen is, I would get all the way to submitting a response and after clicking the button, the entire page turns white, and there's a short message in the very top left hand corner. Can't remember what it said though. If it happens again, I'll make a note of it.

Ez

8. AngusATAT

AngusATAT Captain Tightpants Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2009
    GA, USA
    Sounds like a DNS connection error. That wouldn't be a forum issue as much as an Internet connection issue. I get that from time to time as well, more often that most people because I connect via satellite, and not just to this forum.

It could be just that the route between you and the server has had some periodic issues over the last few days.

9. BigJimW

BigJimW Moved On ECF Veteran

May 17, 2009
    Warwick, RI
    SJ, uploading pictures to my album gives the following errors:

Warning: fopen(./albumpics/3/3410.picture) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in [path]/includes/class_dm_picture.php on line 488

Failed to write file. Check disc quotas and permissions for the path: ./albumpics/thumbs/3/9499d02147791b5b562b8924b7fd00ac_3410.jpg

10. Eric in AK

Eric in AK Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 30, 2009
    Alaska
    I think I got the same thing:
    Failed to write file. Check disc quotas and permissions for the path: ./albumpics/thumbs/3/0273e2abf94c7c4cf8d72e5784039ce5_3411.jpg

I created an album, tried to upload two photos (both under 20KB), and got that error message.

I also tried using the paper clip "manage attachment" thing and kept getting the "upload failed" message with no explanation.

11. Twister

Twister Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 11, 2009
    Conley, GA
    ie: Atlanta, GA area E-Vapers?
    I hit the quote button to reply to a particular message and get a vbulletin message saying that I do not have permission to access the page.??????

12. TJPatt72

TJPatt72 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2009
    Tx
  13. leeshor

leeshor Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2009
    Norcross, GA
    I try to respond to a post and when I click submit it repeatedly says "page not found" in the upper left corner. I can post other responses but every now and then one won't work, no matter how many times I try it.

14. Ez Duzit

Aug 16, 2009
    Southern California
    Yup, that's the same message I was also getting when trying to respond to some posts.

15. Doug_Dread

Doug_Dread Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 26, 2009
    Jo'burg, South Africa
    Me too, in fact I'll be surprised if this post posts. :(

16. Doug_Dread

Oct 26, 2009
    Jo'burg, South Africa
    Ok, that's me surprised, it's the 1st of several test posts I've tried over a couple of days and the 1st ever, to go through. I'm trying to reply on the National Forums > South African Vapors forum with no luck (or is that njoy), whatsoever.

17. leeshor

leeshor Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2009
    Norcross, GA
    Here is something really odd about this problem. Last night I could not respond to a particular post due to the page not found error. I could respond to other posts in the same subforum just fine. But every time I went back to that thread I had the same problem, It's hit and miss.

18. Ez Duzit

Aug 16, 2009
    Southern California
    I do know that one of the threads I had trouble responding to, is also one of the threads that lost some posts during the server switch.

19. Doug_Dread

Oct 26, 2009
    Jo'burg, South Africa
    I don't know what the problem is but I have found a work-around.

The failing posts were fairly long, about 4 paragraphs. When the above posts in this thread went through, I tried breaking up the failing posts into short posts of 1 or 2 paragraphs, and then they went through ok. Maybe some sort of character limit kicking in?

20. gavin

gavin Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 20, 2009
    Joburg, South Africa
    I haven't been able to browse the site since Saturday, pages take literally 5 minutes to load, but now I'm browsing through an anonymous proxy, Anonymouse.org, I can browse just fine? I'm in South Africa but it doesn't seem to be affecting all members from here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.