• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

We have a forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjorn Toulouse

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Glasgow
I had to google arizona, Its in the middle of nowhere I take it its quite warm there? I cant imagin a steampunk in the desert or goths for that matter. toooo bright ;)

Hi anyhow,
just back from the whitbey goth week, the new craze.... yip you guessed
take 1 pint of cider and black, drink it till half full blow vapour into glass, well it keeps the kids happy!!

Bjorn Toulouse

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Glasgow
LOL you had to Google Arizona, Bjorn? That's brilliant hahahaha

And thanks Dred, I still pray to make it up there - where my soul belongs - in cool, rainy, misty green / greyness. This 120 degree summer shyte is killing me. I'm a forest faerie, not a snake!

Wee lamb, where I come from summer lasts two weeks in may, thats it :(
One of my friends works in portland and loves the weather over there, he does miss the vibe of glasgow though the north west of the states seems to be a bit quiet on the music scene. Saying that I'm just back from Sky and Mull talk about quiet ??

google map portree and you will see what I mean

Rhaevyn

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
Tigard, Oregon
www.myspace.com
It looks beautiful Bjorn, I'm sure it's not as "fast" as big city life, but what a pretty place. Although I am sure you get snow in winter, yes? I don't do well in extreme temperatures so snowy places are out for me. Rain I can do anytime, but the heat of Arizona summer and snow in the east coast (lived in Virginia for 5 years) just ain't a good thing for me.

Would love to see Scotland one day. I'm Irish, though, so Ireland would have to come first. ;) Many places I'd like to see. But right now I can't even get myself from Arizona to Oregon hah. *sighs sadly*

Bjorn Toulouse

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Glasgow
Scotland and Ireland don't get much in the way of snow, Glasgow gets two or three days snow a year, Saying that you can 4 seasons in one day. Normaly the west coast of Scotland tends to be grey and moody.
(apart from two weeks of sunshine in may or june)
Ireland is similar to Scotland just lower, grass is just as green.

So what do you do in Arizona??

If anyone else is out there what is there to do in Portland? Im going there at easter
7 nights at whistler - got that one sussed
5 in Van - all planned
4 in Portland - know idea what to do (visiting people)

Hey, Bjorn. There's plenty to do in Portland, but it obviously depends a lot on what types of activities you enjoy... I, for example, have developed an addiction to karaoke...which has been interesting since I started vaping in earnest: I used to choose decreasingly melodic songs as my lungs and voice got funky over the course of the evening...but now I don't have to go outside so much and I'm not inhaling a bunch of crap, it's like I'm starting over.

Rhaevyn, is it just the liquid sunshine you seek from Portland or is there something else drawing you to the Rose City? ...and what is keeping you in Mesa? I've been there once or twice and never got that "black hole" vibe (where a city is so heavenly or hellish that you can't leave) like Yuma seems to be for my grandparents. ;)

Does anyone ever come to this forum anymore? Are you all hiding?

Don't make me come up there! Err... well, that's actually what I WANT to do haha.

Hello?

I keep wondering the same thing. Nobody's said a word since I first stuck my head in here.

I wanna organize a Portland area vape-in. Will that bring you up from AZ?

Rhaevyn

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
Tigard, Oregon
www.myspace.com
I wish it could Thulium... I have dreamed of living up there for years, but I'm stuck in that check-to-check mode of life here. Every time I think I am going to get to save money, the car needs something, or some other unexpected expense comes up. But I dream of Oregon every day. *sigh*

That's why I come check here, hoping to meet some others so when I DO get to move there I can already know a few people. Economy as it is, not much work being offered there - or anywhere else.

I'll keep dreaming though, and hopefully I'll get there.

I wish it could Thulium... I have dreamed of living up there for years, but I'm stuck in that check-to-check mode of life here. Every time I think I am going to get to save money, the car needs something, or some other unexpected expense comes up. But I dream of Oregon every day. *sigh*

That's why I come check here, hoping to meet some others so when I DO get to move there I can already know a few people. Economy as it is, not much work being offered there - or anywhere else.

I'll keep dreaming though, and hopefully I'll get there.

I know how that feels... When the time comes to move, make sure to let us know ahead of time if there's anything we can do to help (find work, place to live, whatever). Oregon imports that aren't Californians looking to drive up the cost of living and driving like...well...Californians...are generally quite welcome. ;)

I visited Mesa once--it was actually really nice, but having lived in the desert plain of Southern Idaho, I can fully appreciate the longing for the color green. :)

Bjorn Toulouse

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Glasgow
Hiya all,
Newb to forums, newb to vaping, newb to.. nah, Native to Oregon. Love it, never live anywhere else! But like an Oregonian, I'll complain during our 5 really warm days of summer and whine about all the rain in winter... *sigh* still, wouldn't wanna be anywhere else!

mmmm so Oregon is basicaly the new world answer to Scotland !!!!
well supose thats why my mate chose that bit of the US to live.

Rainbowz

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
Oregon, USA
mmmm so Oregon is basicaly the new world answer to Scotland !!!!
well supose thats why my mate chose that bit of the US to live.

Oregon west of the Cascade Mountains is typically wet, Oregon east of the Cascade Mountains is typically dry, just like Arizona. Depends on which side of the mountains you live on.

:)

kiltedfox

Verified Member
Feb 5, 2010
Bavaria, Germany
Hey all! I'm new to both the forum and to vaping, but I'll be in the SEA-TAC area (stationed at FT Lewis) in September, until the foreseeable future (well, unless I deploy, of course). So - since I'm kind of in a limbo state - I figure I'll post in the Steampunks forum and try to get to know you guys before I get there. :)
So does anyone know ban status/eshtablishment reaction to vaping in the area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread