Weird sitch w premix juice and vg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunbun

Feb 3, 2023
Hey everybody, new here. I have a puzzling one. Makes zero sense to me. Hopefully, y'all can help.

So I went to Michael's and bought Loranns food grade vg. Added .8ml to 4.2ml of aqua drops 6 nic ejuice. Shake, shake, shake....shake, shake, shake. Put it in my Cerberus tank with .17 ohm coil. Fired it on the drag mini (I believe, hand-me-down) at my usual 62W and it seemed to have burned really hot. Airflow almost all the way open. I had to turn it down to 52W, and it still was burning my mouth. Why? Did I instantly burn my coil bc of the vg? I usually mix the aqua with Jimmy the juicemans strawberry astronaut 3 nic max vg. But the only local B&M that still sells it closed, online can take up to 2 wks, and I'm out. Just trying to find an alternative. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Make sure you are not vaping a LorAnns flavor that is oil soluble. The water based ones are okay. Here's a chart (kinda old) that let's you know which LorAnns flavors are safe.

Attachments

• Best Lorann Flavors for Vaping – Color Coded Spreadsheet.pdf
      107.3 KB · Views: 3

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    The LorAnn webpage for their vegetable glycerin does not say it's USP Grade.

Doesn't say on the their label either.

7110_Specialty-Vegetable-Glycerine-label.JPG

When buying VG for vaping one must always know that it's USP grade.
    6139TfXzczL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

It's very very clearly labeled "USP Grade" on those.

"USP grade meets or exceeds requirements of the United States Pharmacopeia (USP). This grade is acceptable for food, drug, or medicinal use."

Personally, I would never vape VG that isn't USP Grade. Nope. Never. Ever.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I believe the OP stated they bought LorAnns VG. I don’t know if this was a first time buy, or even if it’s USP grade (which gives me pause for doubt).

Welcome to ecf @Bunbun :D

Mea culpa. I missed that part about VG. I didn't know LorAnns made VG, but from what I know about the brand, that they also make essential oils, their VG is meant for cosmetics and lotions. I wouldn't use it for vaping, but I wouldn't think that it is the cause of OP's problems, just that it would cause long term health problems or could be toxic when inhaled, imo.

Bunbun

Feb 3, 2023
    Wow! So many responses! No, not dead, lol! Just didn't get any emails notifications (weird). I apologize. Thank you all so much! So yes, it was just the vg added to an already made ejuice to knock down the nic level. No it's not USP. It is food grade tho. The only local I could find that said USP was at CVS in skincare. I thought food grade would be better. Maybe I was wrong?

Reactions: TARTARA

TARTARA

ECF Veteran
    Jan 21, 2023
    I don't know how it works in your country... !? But in general if it's a good - well known brand and it's "natural" or "food grade" or both... you suppose to be fine, i never had any problems with any brands but always from good stores ! Just my opinion and my experience so far... !

Reactions: Bunbun

Bunbun

Feb 3, 2023
    That's gotta be it. Shaking it wasn't enough, and it instantly fried my coil. I vaped on the same coil a couple more days. Changed it yesterday and it was all black and gross. I got a new juice as well in a 3 nic that I'm now using. So maybe I'll try again with the 6 nic and vg, let it sit a week or two, see what happens. I can't let this discourage me bc I do want to start making my own, and from what I gather that can also be a little tricky.

TARTARA

ECF Veteran
    Jan 21, 2023
    Yes, the best way i think it's to do your own "experiments" on your gear - setup, and on your e-liquids... following some general lines as a guide of course... !

For example :

The DIY e-liquids usually are more clear - cleen, so they don't defect the coil so much... !?
    And sometimes the coils (handmade or pre-made from factory) it happens to not working properly... !?

I mean that anything can happened on any given moment... so i think is better to have a few options as a backup... !

Last night i built up 5 of my RTAs... so everything is perfect and works perfectly... but also i have a few simple atomizers with simple pre-made coils heads... so i have backups on my backups and im good to go on any situation... !
    With my e-liquids, i usually make my own, some simple ones not anything special... but i always i have a good amount ready for use, and some others ready to make if i need to, and plus some pre-mixed ones for the factory... !
    And off course the same thing goes with my mods and their battaries...!
    I think you can get my point of view... !?

Reactions: Bunbun

Bunbun

Feb 3, 2023
    That's good to know ab the diy juice, I prefer mine to be as clear as possible bc I'm convinced the darker juices wreck coils faster. Idk why, it's just seemed to have been my experience. And I've definitely gotten a dud factory coil before, lasted 2-3 days. Annoying. Mass production tho. I definitely want to have backups, which is a big reason why I want to make my own juice, and possibly coils. It being cheaper that way too, of course. Money wise I just couldn't this time so I thought I'd try the vg. I'll keep at it. I know it can be fun once you know what ur doing, you just gotta get through the frustration of learning through trial and error first, lol! Alright, it's bedtime for me, but I'll check back in tmrw. Thanks again for your help, I appreciate it. :)

• Winner
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread