The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Welcome! Please introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Maine State Vapors' started by mano932, Jan 30, 2011.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MustangSallie

MustangSallie Mistress Blabber Mouth Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    USA
    Huh, not a bad idea. Maybe take them down to Portsmouth and pin them up there too. I'm sure more than a few of us southern Mainiers frequent Portsmouth too. 'Bout equidistant for me.

2. Maxine

Maxine Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 30, 2010
    Maine
    Where are you, Kristin? Portland/Portsmouth are about the same for me, too. I'm in Sanford.

3. MustangSallie

Apr 20, 2011
    USA
    Another Sanford denizen here Reggie. :)

4. rainkeltoia

rainkeltoia Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 7, 2011
    Maine
    yay! Now you can convert some Sanfordites together :D

5. MustangSallie

Apr 20, 2011
    USA
    If only it were that easy, I find in general they are a stubborn breed. My husband especially. :(

Although, I might have converted my hair dresser last night! And one of the other ladies husband has already been converted. :)

6. allnightradio

allnightradio Full Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Maine
    Hi all, I'm Owen. I'm representing the vapers from the Orono/Bangor area. I've been vaping since September 2010 but have lurked the forums since the summer of 09. I had a college friend that made the switch to vaping and one night at a party, I sparked up a conversation about e-cigs. He suggested I take a look at ECF and the rest is history.
    I'm glad to see that there is a sub group for Maine Vapers, it reassures me that I'm not alone in choosing PV and juice over analogs.

7. rainkeltoia

Jun 7, 2011
    Maine
    heya Owen, welcome! Glad to see you made it!

8. Milianom

Milianom Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Maine
    Hi my name is Max, I live in the Belfast area. I smoked for 7 years at a pack a day. I have been vaping for almost a month. Just getting around to buying my first batch of flavors , should be in the mailbox tomorrow.

9. MustangSallie

Apr 20, 2011
    USA
    Hey Max, welcome! Who did you just order from and what were you vaping before?

10. Milianom

Aug 7, 2011
    Maine
    Order from Ecigbestsave.com trying out their cappuccino and RY4 some duel coils, I also ordered some menthol from totally wicked, can't wait should be here within the hour

11. MustangSallie

Apr 20, 2011
    USA
    Let us know how you like the cappuccino. I've been searching for a good coffee vape since I started almost 4 months ago.

12. Milianom

Aug 7, 2011
    Maine
    I'm not a fan of the ry4 or cappuccino but the menthol from TW is great.
    Who makes a good ry4?

13. MustangSallie

Apr 20, 2011
    USA
  14. my4jewels

my4jewels Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Maine
    Hi, all! I guess I'll represent the midcoast area of the great state of Maine. I'm in Topsham. I just found this group a couple of days ago.

15. rainkeltoia

Jun 7, 2011
    Maine
    heya jewels! I think we have almost the whole state covered... and we're all at least an hour from everyone else....

16. Milianom

Aug 7, 2011
    Maine
  17. zzooti

zzooti Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2011
    Brunswick, Maine
    Hey everybody; I live in Brunswick. Been vaping about 2 months now, after smoking for about 30 years. I've been involved with New England Vapors via their Facebook page for about a month, but I'd like to be able to communicate and perhaps meet some vapers from Maine. I couldn't get my first 5 newbie posts in fast enough, so I could respond to Milianom's post about organizing a meet in the southern Maine area.

18. Maxine

Maxine Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 30, 2010
    Maine
    Hi zzooti! Nice to meet you. I visited Brunswick (NAS) some 30 years ago and it's such a beautiful area.

19. TeaRowz

TeaRowz Full Member Verified Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Maine, USA
    Hi 4Jewels! I am also in Topsham. So glad to see a forum for us Mainers. I will make my "introduction" soon...

20. TeaRowz

TeaRowz Full Member Verified Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Maine, USA
    I'm very pleased to have just found this forum for Maine vapers! :)

I'm unsure whether it is appropriate, as an introduction, to post a link to a blog I wrote about a scary experience I had that brought me to vaping. I wrote it for two reasons - the first being to promote e-cigs as an alternative for those who live in apartments where smoking has been banned. Secondly, having suffered with crippling social anxiety for years, I've taken every opportunity to try to enlighten others about this devastating condition, which I do touch on in the blog.

The article is entitled, "Smoking Ban Nearly Drove Me to Suicide".

Social Anxiety Disorder has left me very isolated, and now having this forum as a way to be in touch with other vaping Mainers may help me feel a bit more connected. Thank you for that!