• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Welcome! Please introduce yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
Tea Rowz, I sent you a pm. Wow, I think we could really be friends! I don't have SAD, but I suffer from depression, panic disorder, and generalized anxiety disorder(GAD), diagnosed back in the early 90's. Fortunately for me, meds have been pretty successful, although I still feel like I'm living on the edge a lot of the time.

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
That's a very touching post on your blog. Thank you for sharing that so openly with us. I do understand if you have a problem meeting someone new, but I'd still like to meet you.

How do you get around without driving? When did you start vaping? I see you've been a member since Jan 2009.
I'm very pleased to have just found this forum for Maine vapers! :)

I'm unsure whether it is appropriate, as an introduction, to post a link to a blog I wrote about a scary experience I had that brought me to vaping. I wrote it for two reasons - the first being to promote e-cigs as an alternative for those who live in apartments where smoking has been banned. Secondly, having suffered with crippling social anxiety for years, I've taken every opportunity to try to enlighten others about this devastating condition, which I do touch on in the blog.

The article is entitled, "Smoking Ban Nearly Drove Me to Suicide".

Social Anxiety Disorder has left me very isolated, and now having this forum as a way to be in touch with other vaping Mainers may help me feel a bit more connected. Thank you for that!

TeaRowz

Verified Member
That's a very touching post on your blog. Thank you for sharing that so openly with us. I do understand if you have a problem meeting someone new, but I'd still like to meet you.

How do you get around without driving? When did you start vaping? I see you've been a member since Jan 2009.

Hi Jewels - I was very disappointed to learn that the place in Brunswick you spoke of was actually a coffee shop. 'Fraid I don't even drink coffee! :(

To answer your questions here - I get out once a week to get groceries thanks to wonderful volunteer drivers from People Plus. And a new program has been rolled out now called the Transportation Coupon Program where disabled people can purchase vouchers for taxi fare that amounts to 50% of the cost of the ride.

And I tried vaping probably a year or more ago, but not having researched e-cigs enough, I quickly became disillusioned with them. The management of the apartment complex where I live will be implementing a smoking ban in April, so I knew I had to try again. This time, I did a good amount of reading before trying another brand, and it's now been probably three weeks since I've had an analogue.

I was just reading some forum exchanges between you and zzooti, and you two are sure into the more advanced vaping! I'm lost when people start talking about mods (although I have an idea what they are...)

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
Maybe you could have a hot cocoa...:) Any other ideas or places you like to go? Hubby and I have vaped at the Dunkin Donuts in Topsham a few times. I asked permission, and they said it was fine.

That's great that there are programs to help you get around. I work at home, have my own business, so I can work around my good and bad days. Mostly good nowadays...

Mods are not hard to understand, really. They are just pv's that do not use proprietary batteries. So you can replace the batteries instead of the whole unit. Different mods use different batteries. The bigger the battery is, the longer it'll last. Variable voltage simply allows to to adjust your vape from cooler to warmer, and sometimes enhances the flavor of the juice, by raising or lowering the voltage. That's all there is to it!

I prefer using a cartomizer in a tank because I got tired of topping off my carto. Again, they are easy to understand, easy to use, and they take your vaping experience to a whole new level. You'd be surprised! :)

I'm going to pm you my phone number if that's okay.

Hi Jewels - I was very disappointed to learn that the place in Brunswick you spoke of was actually a coffee shop. 'Fraid I don't even drink coffee! :(

To answer your questions here - I get out once a week to get groceries thanks to wonderful volunteer drivers from People Plus. And a new program has been rolled out now called the Transportation Coupon Program where disabled people can purchase vouchers for taxi fare that amounts to 50% of the cost of the ride.

And I tried vaping probably a year or more ago, but not having researched e-cigs enough, I quickly became disillusioned with them. The management of the apartment complex where I live will be implementing a smoking ban in April, so I knew I had to try again. This time, I did a good amount of reading before trying another brand, and it's now been probably three weeks since I've had an analogue.

I was just reading some forum exchanges between you and zzooti, and you two are sure into the more advanced vaping! I'm lost when people start talking about mods (although I have an idea what they are...)

ArchEnemy

Feb 2, 2012
Maine US
Hey guys, I'm from Lewiston and ive been vaping now for one month. HAPPILY :) Haven't even looked back on the real thing. Right now I am using the smokeless image volt system with juice from viking vapor.com. Wish there were more places around to buy stuff locally. I'm pre-nursing working at CMMC. I'm a gamer, a vaper, and I have a beautiful wife who has also kicked the smokes and started vaping. Hoping to either get an ego c kit, a silver bullet, or both :)

zzooti

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2011
Brunswick, Maine
Hi Arch, and hi murphy! Good to see some new people here; vaping Mainers seem to be pretty quiet-'flying under the radar' I suppose; I'd still like to have a meet of southern Maine vapers if there's enough interest-so few people to talk about it with; my wife was vaping but not anymore (at least she didn't go back to analogs) and I only know one person at work who vapes.

zzooti

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2011
Brunswick, Maine
Well, I suspect that since vaping in Maine hasn't gotten any official attention most folks want to keep a low profile-that'll change in time, especially since that recent incident with the exploding battery. I think we aughtta be organized when it happens; the antismokers are here and they're still ban-happy. But that's just my opinion.

murphyinsight

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2012
Lobster Land
I agree, and education is going to be the key to changing public perception. It will have to happen slowly, with work of mouth being the most reliable source of information at this point. I want to get some material together and make something I can hand out to the interested people. Giving it to someone who doubts ecigs are safe probably won't do much good, unless they ask for one. I hope we can start a website with info and maybe its own forum just for Mainers. I know nothing about starting sites, so I'd need a great deal of help. I do know of several vendors who would want their banners on it and that could provide the revenue to pay for the site. These are just ideas, and I hope I can do something soon!

zzooti

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2011
Brunswick, Maine
A Maine vapers website? I like that idea-I wouldn't mind being involved with that, although I know nothing about website design; I'm sure I could contribute something though. My extensive list of vape gear suppliers for one thing, and it would be a good excuse to do something I've been meaning to do-start a list of vape friendly establishments. Count me in.

zzooti

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2011
Brunswick, Maine
OMG, another Maine vaper! Hi corvus! I swear, Mainers are the champion stealth vapers-I can count the number of vapers I've seen on one hand, but I know they're out there; and welcome to the ECF-lot of good folks here, and a lot of good info; and if you haven't already, come join Vapers Lounge on Facebook-usually some good stuff going on there.

VPopuli

Verified Member
Nov 14, 2012
Maine
Greetings from Portland! Nice to see all of the Maine Vapers!
Hi, I'm Zach, started smoking at 16, 4 PAD, switched to Blu in '09, relapsed, and just found the Ego.
Is the group still reasonably active? A few of my friends have all switched over from analogs,
and I know that we'd all love to try a meet up for a vapemeet, I was just wondering if there was
anything in the works.

zzooti

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2011
Brunswick, Maine
Hi Zach! Welcome to the (very quiet) Maine State Vapers section of the ECF! And hello to you M4J, haven't heard from you in awhile; I'd still like to see a get-together of Maine vapers someday. I know it's hard, we're few & far apart, but I think it would be a lot of fun, and once we get the ball rolling others might come out of hiding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread