The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Well, I did it! Inbox V3

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by crammit442, Feb 5, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. crammit442

crammit442 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2011
    Alabama
    Thanks for the advice. I found their forum and everything I read looked like they're really quick to respond and add patches or whatever's necessary to help get the most out of their product. I'll follow your suggestions. Sounds like they could make real difference. Thanks again.
    Charles

• Like Like x 1
  2. t8kiteasy

t8kiteasy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    Well that is sweet indeed . Now instead of waiting for a 250C device I will grab up a couple of 75C's and enjoy hem. I have too many DNA 250 devices now as it is but no 75's yet,except my new V3 inboxes on the slow boat.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jumpin' In...

Jumpin' In... Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Maui, Hawaii
    What is this “Replay” feature? :?:

• Like Like x 1
  4. t8kiteasy

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    You vape your device until you get the one perfect vape you like. Hit the replay button and it continues the same vape and you do not have to touch or mess with any buttons once set.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. CMD-Ky

CMD-Ky Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    I am interested in what you think of the 510. I am a long time squonker and am giving this a thought. The adjustment of and placement of the air holes is important to me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. crammit442

Jan 7, 2011
    Alabama
    I'm assuming you're referring to the Speed RDA clone. Its pretty good right out of the box. The single airflow hole is located right at the level of the coil clamping screws which keeps the coil and wick fairly close to the juice well. There isn't room between posts for a very large build. A 3.0 mm id 28 ga coil fits and a 2.0mm id 26 ga will also fit. If you raise the coil slightly, you could build a little larger coil. The AF hole is just over 1mm. I thought the draw was a bit tight and drilled it out to 1.6mm. Felt about right to me then. It makes good flavor. That said, having a single AF hole causes the wick on one side of the coil to dry a bit faster than the other side. If I were to open up another one, I think I'd make a matching hole 180 degrees from the original for slightly more even airflow. It's not actually a real issue, just being picky. Being 18mm, it gets warm , but not bad. It's a great RDA clone at less than $10.
    Charles

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Figs

Figs Senior Member

And don’t forget the Speed Revolution has an adjustable post. I put it to the side and put 3id 26ga in, more wick room too. I also then it the air hole on the side with the coil.

• Like Like x 1
  8. crammit442

Jan 7, 2011
    Alabama
    That's very true. You would open up a number of build options if you offset the post as needed. FWIW, I've decided to sell the V3 and grab a squonk mod with the DNA75 c board in it instead. It's in the classifieds. I know......pretty fickle. It was very good for what it is. I almost wish I'd never seen all the "Replay" videos. I can't stop thinking about it now!
    Charles

• Like Like x 2
  9. RSZ1

RSZ1 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 13, 2014
    Canada
    Replay will need stainless steel wire. Other wire that can be used for temp control may work, but they haven't really tested anything other than SS.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. crammit442

Jan 7, 2011
    Alabama
    The Evolve rep in the video review I watched said it would be compatible with most TC wire. He specifically mentioned Nickel, Ti, and SS. He did say that use of nonresistance leg coils and Kanthal/Ni-Chrome wouldn't give optimum results, although he received a text (during the review) from an Evolve employee saying he was successfully running Ni-Chrome with Replay. I'm using SS as is, so it's not an issue for me. Regarding build options on the Speed RDA, I was just agreeing that moving the positive post might allow larger coils to be used.
    Charles

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    The Villages, FL
    It's a spring loaded 510, so unfortunately no "clocking" the atty air holes, like you can with the adjustable REO 510.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. CMD-Ky

CMD-Ky Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    Thanks, that is what I was wondering.

• Like Like x 2
  13. t8kiteasy

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    Has anyone received the V3 yet?? Mine is ready to ship but a few other items are not ready yet. Looking at the site the only V3's on hand shipping at the moment are the 3D panel,the carbon fiber panel is gone to re-stocking again.

• Like Like x 1
  14. cliffy15

cliffy15 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Honolulu, HI
    I've had my v3 for a month now.

I ordered before they were in stock, though. Perhaps the first lot they received sold quickly enough and they are waiting on the next batch?

• Like Like x 1
  15. steeledragon78

steeledragon78 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2013
    Owasso, OK, USA
    How are the bottles on the V3? i have a bunch of the old kanger type that split after a while and am curious about the silicon look of the new bottle.

• Like Like x 1
  16. cliffy15

cliffy15 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Honolulu, HI
    there are two bottles. I didn't even look at the stiffer one and threw it out immediately, but the silicone one is quite nice. VERY soft if you like that.

No problems at all. I did switch it out with an SJMY bottle though. Not because it didn't work well but because I preferred the slightly stiffer silicone.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.