Well, I did it! Inbox V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
Thanks for the advice. I found their forum and everything I read looked like they're really quick to respond and add patches or whatever's necessary to help get the most out of their product. I'll follow your suggestions. Sounds like they could make real difference. Thanks again.
Charles

Reactions: stols001

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Replay will be available on the DNA250C and the DNA75C. Evolv will make the firmware available sometime after the Chinese new year.
Well that is sweet indeed . Now instead of waiting for a 250C device I will grab up a couple of 75C's and enjoy hem. I have too many dna 250 devices now as it is but no 75's yet,except my new V3 inboxes on the slow boat.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
The Inbox uses the "older" DNA75 chip, not the DNA75C. The replay feature will only be available on the DNA 75C. Easy way to tell the difference between the two is the color screen on the DNA 75C, hence the "C" designation.

Poke around in escribe, not much you can break really. Worse thing happens you can factory reset the mod and start from scratch.
What is this “Replay” feature? :?:

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
What is this “Replay” feature? :?:
You vape your device until you get the one perfect vape you like. Hit the replay button and it continues the same vape and you do not have to touch or mess with any buttons once set.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I am interested in what you think of the 510. I am a long time squonker and am giving this a thought. The adjustment of and placement of the air holes is important to me.

Drum roll.......the Eagle has landed! My new VT Inbox V3 arrived today along with a pair of Speed Revolution BF RDA clones. The only regulated mod I've ever used is the eVic VTC, so the DNA interface is a little unfamiliar right now and I'm pretty terrified about what might happen if I load E-scribe and start fooling around with that. The RDA's are easy to build on and pretty well made. The draw was a bit tight so I opened up the hole to 1.6mm and it feels pretty good. The mod itself looks quite nice w/only the slightest bit of play at the door. The fire button is a little loose, but works fine. What do you want for $60. Getting it filled and setup was easy and leak free and so far the entire setup is bone dry. With a build similar to the Doggy on the eVic VTC, my temp and wattage settings in TC are quite a bit different, but it's working really well for having only had it a couple of hours. I'm probably going to go ahead and poke around in e-scribe and see if I can make heads or tails of it. The eVic took a couple of days to feel comfortable and I'm sure this will too. It's like all the goodness of dripping w/o the hassle of constantly dripping. Really nice! I'm REALLY looking forward the the new "Replay" soft/firmware to drop. If it works like it does in the reviews I've seen, it's going be completely game changing. Any tips or suggestions on using the DNA interface will be appreciated. Thanks for all the help.
Charles

P.S. Does anyone know for sure which version of the DNA chip the V3 comes with. Everything I've seen in reference to "Replay" refers to the DNA75"C" chip. I'm hopeful that since this is the latest Inbox it has the most recent chip also.

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
I am interested in what you think of the 510. I am a long time squonker and am giving this a thought. The adjustment of and placement of the air holes is important to me.

I'm assuming you're referring to the Speed RDA clone. Its pretty good right out of the box. The single airflow hole is located right at the level of the coil clamping screws which keeps the coil and wick fairly close to the juice well. There isn't room between posts for a very large build. A 3.0 mm id 28 ga coil fits and a 2.0mm id 26 ga will also fit. If you raise the coil slightly, you could build a little larger coil. The AF hole is just over 1mm. I thought the draw was a bit tight and drilled it out to 1.6mm. Felt about right to me then. It makes good flavor. That said, having a single AF hole causes the wick on one side of the coil to dry a bit faster than the other side. If I were to open up another one, I think I'd make a matching hole 180 degrees from the original for slightly more even airflow. It's not actually a real issue, just being picky. Being 18mm, it gets warm , but not bad. It's a great RDA clone at less than $10.
Charles

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
And don’t forget the Speed Revolution has an adjustable post. I put it to the side and put 3id 26ga in, more wick room too. I also then it the air hole on the side with the coil.
That's very true. You would open up a number of build options if you offset the post as needed. FWIW, I've decided to sell the V3 and grab a squonk mod with the DNA75 c board in it instead. It's in the classifieds. I know......pretty fickle. It was very good for what it is. I almost wish I'd never seen all the "Replay" videos. I can't stop thinking about it now!
Charles

RSZ1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Canada
That's very true. You would open up a number of build options if you offset the post as needed. FWIW, I've decided to sell the V3 and grab a squonk mod with the DNA75 c board in it instead. It's in the classifieds. I know......pretty fickle. It was very good for what it is. I almost wish I'd never seen all the "Replay" videos. I can't stop thinking about it now!
Charles

Replay will need stainless steel wire. Other wire that can be used for temp control may work, but they haven't really tested anything other than SS.

• Useful

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
Replay will need stainless steel wire. Other wire that can be used for temp control may work, but they haven't really tested anything other than SS.
The Evolve rep in the video review I watched said it would be compatible with most TC wire. He specifically mentioned Nickel, Ti, and SS. He did say that use of nonresistance leg coils and Kanthal/Ni-Chrome wouldn't give optimum results, although he received a text (during the review) from an Evolve employee saying he was successfully running Ni-Chrome with Replay. I'm using SS as is, so it's not an issue for me. Regarding build options on the Speed RDA, I was just agreeing that moving the positive post might allow larger coils to be used.
Charles

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    It's a spring loaded 510, so unfortunately no "clocking" the atty air holes, like you can with the adjustable REO 510.

cliffy15

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Honolulu, HI
    How are the bottles on the V3? i have a bunch of the old kanger type that split after a while and am curious about the silicon look of the new bottle.
    there are two bottles. I didn't even look at the stiffer one and threw it out immediately, but the silicone one is quite nice. VERY soft if you like that.

No problems at all. I did switch it out with an SJMY bottle though. Not because it didn't work well but because I preferred the slightly stiffer silicone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread