Status
Not open for further replies.

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
Heard that, mt first ecig was a joye 510. Thing was garbage and I went back to smoking cigs for years. Just recently noticed how far the tech has came so I'm all set up now. Been one week since my last analog.

I still have a couple of the joye 510's ( even an automatic draw one). Brought them out the other day and vaped one along side a DNA40 just to see how far we have come.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Hmm, OP makes me think.
I started vape forum'ing about the same time, and was your "newb's newb" with an overpriced cigalike kit that took about 4 hours to charge, and I chain vaped it about 45 min. before it needed recharging!!!
you can imagine the frustration.

I found another forum, and wished I'd have started on a forum. I would have gotten a much better beginning set up and saved lots of $.
(little did I know how much I'd actually end up spending). I became obsessed with it.

That forum, like this had quite a lot of experienced users, it was pretty rough and tumble; there were no rules on etiquette and I couldn't take the snarky atmosphere.
About a year later I found ECF. Great folks and good organization.
It was the "good old days"... you could know just about everyone on it, and stay abreast of about every new vape-related item and technique that came out.

Like a lot of good things, ECF has grown to say the least.
Its a wild ride and has only gotten more interesting.
Just think, we're still in the early stages of this habit (lol) err industry.

ECF is still the best imo... and so is vaping.
I'm 65 this year and I intend to vape as long as I possibly can, but when i think of the FACT that for me, ymmv, I'm a little too obsessed with this, it must be nice Harley.

Good luck Harley.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I surely hope to see you around. What an inspiration you are to others and I really enjoyed reading about you. I can't imagine ever getting to a point where I don't rely on them but I think it is wonderful that you have. I'm sure others have also. Good luck to you.

110426jbmj4miytm_zps63f9ae4a.gif

Harley, you have been vaping longer than anyone I've read about and I think that is awesome.

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
After 6 1/2 years of vaping I think I am close to the end, I have really enjoyed it and all the great folks I have met online and at various vape meets.. My big question is, What in the world do I do with all this stuff ?? I have been somewhat of a collector ever since I started and now it amounts to quite a bit of stuff ! I would hate to think about listing every single item in the classifieds, it would probably take me another 6 years...lol

You can sell it all on ebay. Just don't use certain words.

Harley

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2009
Yonder Way
Thanks for all the kind words, I will be around from time to time just not like I used to be. I've seen a lot of people come and go and often wonder how they are doing if they still vape or if they have gone back to smoking. I can however state for a fact I will never go back to smoking.. I started vaping in Nov. 2008 to "Reduce" the amount of smoking I did.. Back then I was 3-packs a day,But I soon discovered the cigs were burning up in the ashtray while I was vaping away..lol so I simply just quit buying cigarettes.

Call me nieve but I never knew I smelled like an ashtray or that my house really smelled awful. But all that is gone now,NO ONE smokes in my house...

Vaping is a journey that will be different for everyone, For me I think it was the flavor that got my attention, As stated earlier I like my. Cheap Dekang RY4 for my ADV but I have tried 100's of juices and have found that I prefer PG. I guess because of the throat hit I get from them, VG gives me severe cotton mouth and although there are some great flavors in vg I just stir clear of them.....

I was asked earlier what kind of device I use, Back in the early days we used some real junk,Batteries were def. not what they are today. when AW hit the market we or at least I thought I had gone to heaven and all the stick batteries went by the way side never to be used again...

My first Rock Solid device would have to be the original " SILVER BULLET" Made by Chad "CDDZ" in Newark Ohio,And back in the day Sold by Altsmoke.. Chad and I have become great friends during my journey in vaping and this friendship continues today...still use the bullet most everyday with "kick" installed...

With the invention of the regulated devices most of the time I have an Opus D or a Vapor Flask in my hand, They just WORK !!! And I am tired of charging extra batteries. When I'm on the road I simply plug them in and vape away and when I get to my destination I am fully charged and ready to go, I always keep at least two devices with me because ya never know what could happen ..

I still love the taste of catomizers but I feel the quality of the boge carto has dropped off in the last couple years,I used to get two weeks out of a carto and a lot of that has to do with using PG juice, Dark sweet vg juice would clog them them up in just a few days,But now I am lucky to get a week out of a carto so I have moved onto the Ithaka by GG and the Kayfun line and I use cotton most of the time...

Well I am rambling so I will shut up for now..... Any questions, Please ask or pm I would be happy to help anyway I can...

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
good for you harley!

I myself don't think I'll ever quit, I love my caffeine and my nicotine, but I do see myself on the future vaping like a pipe smoker, just as part of a ritual at the beginning and the end of the day and not like a cigarette smoker vaping all day (as I do now).

for me the journey of discovering new gear is what made me stick to vaping and keeps me vaping all day, I love to fiddle, but once that stops I know I won't vape that much.

sorry to hijack but I tend to ramble when I'm cold

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
First of all, congratulations Harley!

Hey, Harley, would you consider writing a history/blog of your experiences with vaping? I'm a newbie too, and I keep hearing tantalizing hints about blue foam and this and that, and I'd love to know the stories behind the hints. It would be a shame for us to lose our history this early in the game! Maybe the forum could set up a section where you and other long-timers could post as the mood strikes you... What do you think?
Here is a thread that has some good links to some of the old-timey happenings...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-vaping-discussion/470502-i-remember-back-day.html

A person can almost just get bored/lose interest in vaping altogether. I hear ya. I've been going hard for 5 years and I'm getting to that point, too. Congrats on shuttin'r down for awhile.
I'll add to that...

I have pretty much reached the point where I only vape when I am drinking.
I am positive that will never change because if I'm drinking then I'll either be vaping or smoking.

But other than that, I generally don't even have my first vape until after work with a glass of wine or a beer.

VIPOD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
NB,Canada
Harley, that's great news! I'm feeling my "vaping age" as well, and have committed to dropping my nic from the 12-18mg range to 2-6mg range. However, I still love to vape and try the latest gear. With all the new advancements in the last few years, and more to come, I'm overjoyed that today's new vapor has so many quality choices to make. Not sure when my time will come, or ever for that matter. Either way, vaping then and now is a game changer in every sense of the word...and it has become so darn fun!

susanlinda823

Moved On
Oct 15, 2014
Dallas
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Howdy everyone,,, I have followed some advice from my fellow vaper here and have gifted some items to some needy Vapers..But the downside is I've already bought a few new thing that I have just wanted to try....thanks for all the kind words and advice....

Like the Hotel California...

You can stop vaping, but you can never stop collecting gear.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
Good for you Harley! I think this thread is inspirational!
This may be the next stage of the e-cig revolution. Ex-smokers quitting vaping. So what if it takes 6 years!

I always liked Dekang liquids too and hate the China bashing that goes on here. Where would we be without them? I would be smoking.
I have wasted so much money on so many bottles of flavored niquids that are over flavored and gunked up my coils. VG scums up my windows, so I keep it simple.

Devices have come so far that I think I vape out of appreciation for how easy it is now. Istick, Egrip, Erolls, done.
My first device was an Npro, and within 3 days I modded that 4081 atty to a portable phone battery with an air compressor fitting, some wire, and a spring and a screw for a switch. I was all in.

ECF really does need a hall of fame. Nicowolf finding that an RCA plug from radio shack was compatible with a 901 atty was a modding game changer! The Nicostick!
Nerf buying bulk connectors and selling them.
Cisco....
We have come a long way!

I hope I quit vaping someday. Just put it away. But there is so much of it!!
When you quit analogs, all you had to do was smoke the last one, wash and store the ashtrays and lighters... How many times have we all done that?:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread