Well that makes me sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

art3mis

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2009
Gotham City
So back on June 15th i bought the Riva kit from N-haler with the big batteries, got it a few days later and used it for 2 weeks and then i noticed that both batteries were taking longer and longer to charge(despite the 2-3 hour charge claim) continued on and it seems they also dont charge at all with the kit provided usb charger(have to plug it into the wall). again didnt think much of it. today i had a battery stop after a full 8+ hour overnight charge from only 3-4 hours of vaping and one of the new shipped regular atomizers just doesnt work.
Apparently i'm out of warranty on these parts and i don't understand how this can all happen.
my 510 prior to this worked for almost a year and is still working, my atomizers lasted that entire time on the original 5. and now i'm out the 75$ it was on this "new" e-cig and it's barely been a month.
I emailed about this to see what i could do and was told:
That is usually what happens with batteries especially when used with LR atomizers and non proprietary atomizers. Atomizers are disposable and a consumable product. Our warranty period for the Riva is 14days after the order date. Sorry for the inconvenience.
to be noted im not using the LR i'm using the ordinary 510 atomizers that came with it.
Near as i can figure these "rivas" are absolute crap, they only put out good flavour and vapour for the first week then just suck afterwards.

Can anyone suggest good long life, good battery life e-cig?
And a retailer that actually backs their products?

Thanks

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I am really sorry to hear your troubles.. Seems like Nhaler would deal with you in some way to make it right..

You should get more than 1 month of usage out of it imo!

14 day warranties seem rather short.. There are lots of good ecigs out there..

Check the forum is your best bet on reviews and such. Good luck!!

You will get a thousands responses to what is best..

arnold69

Unregistered Supplier
  • Deleted by ejoker
  • Reason: supplier post not allowed

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
Try cleaning the threads with a little alcohol on both the bats and atties. Then dry them thoroughly. I hope this helps as that is way to short a time for such a good ecig.
Atomizers that have lasted you almost a year and still going is amazing. How did you accomplish that?
I would day whomever your original 510 was purchased from-go with them. We want some of those atties, who are they?

art3mis

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2009
Gotham City
Try cleaning the threads with a little alcohol on both the bats and atties. Then dry them thoroughly. I hope this helps as that is way to short a time for such a good ecig.
Atomizers that have lasted you almost a year and still going is amazing. How did you accomplish that?
I would day whomever your original 510 was purchased from-go with them. We want some of those atties, who are they?

the batteries are now taking overnight to charge for 4 hours of use. (one battery has been plugged in for about 7 hours now and still red, so much for the cl;aims of 2-3 hours to charge*perhaps thats just their life expectancy*)whee!
i've cleaned em both and lost another atomizer after i posted this(the other one that was shipped with the riva kit) some how to me it seems compeltely un accptable that it completely died and i understand sometimes it happens but for a supplier with such "glowing reviews" to simply say "you had 2 weeks tough crap sorry for the inconvenience is discouraging"
It doesnt seem like they want much repeat business or even stand behind their products. I understand things can happen but when someone hands over 75$ to you in hopes of getting something that will match your old ecig and it dies within a month you'd at least think a retailer would do something to help you out, offer RMA etc, thats what ALL consumer items have. This is a thanks for the money too bad you got a bad one.

cant remember off hand where i got my original attys, ill dig through email and see ;)

Mister Hyde

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2010
Florida
Satisfaction guaranteed or your money cheerfully refunded. Many consumers view this policy as an unwritten law that governs all sales transactions between a retailer and a consumer. Many retailers are exceedingly generous in their return policies. Others either cannot afford this policy or do not desire to implement it. Before buying, make sure you clearly understand the details of a vendor policy regarding Items returns and if you don't like it don't buy from them. After saying that I have to agree that Nhaler should deal with you in some way to make it right, after all 75 bucks are not peanuts. And in the long run a repeat customer has more value to a vendor than 75 dollars....
Just my :2c:
In my personal experience I never had problems with Nhaler or the products I got from them, in fact I love my Riva, and always got good customer service from Drew. I just feel bad for your situation and understand your frustration.

art3mis

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2009
Gotham City
Satisfaction guaranteed or your money cheerfully refunded. Many consumers view this policy as an unwritten law that governs all sales transactions between a retailer and a consumer. Many retailers are exceedingly generous in their return policies. Others either cannot afford this policy or do not desire to implement it. Before buying, make sure you clearly understand the details of a vendor policy regarding Items returns and if you don't like it don't buy from them. After saying that I have to agree that Nhaler should deal with you in some way to make it right, after all 75 bucks are not peanuts. And in the long run a repeat customer has more value to a vendor than 75 dollars....

thats my general feeling, i can understand you can't warranty these things til the cows come home, but 14 days is a bit sharp for something that you sell and "believe" in, and it's not to say that others aren't having stellar dealings with them, but for every 100 there's always a bad one that is just made bad or shoddy. I was kind of hoping based on reviews that they would do a bit more to deal with the things dying than they have but oh well. i'll just go back to my trusty 510 and when that dies go back to real smokes, cuz i simply have little to no faith dealing with anyone in the e-cig realm anymore (with the exception of eastmall oddly enough) since its a "hot easy to make cash" item.
thanks though.

Plantgirl

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
NC
So back on June 15th i bought the Riva kit from N-haler with the big batteries, got it a few days later and used it for 2 weeks and then i noticed that both batteries were taking longer and longer to charge(despite the 2-3 hour charge claim) continued on and it seems they also dont charge at all with the kit provided usb charger(have to plug it into the wall). again didnt think much of it. today i had a battery stop after a full 8+ hour overnight charge from only 3-4 hours of vaping and one of the new shipped regular atomizers just doesnt work.
Apparently i'm out of warranty on these parts and i don't understand how this can all happen.
my 510 prior to this worked for almost a year and is still working, my atomizers lasted that entire time on the original 5. and now i'm out the 75$ it was on this "new" e-cig and it's barely been a month.
I emailed about this to see what i could do and was told:

to be noted im not using the LR i'm using the ordinary 510 atomizers that came with it.
Near as i can figure these "rivas" are absolute crap, they only put out good flavour and vapour for the first week then just suck afterwards.

Can anyone suggest good long life, good battery life e-cig?
And a retailer that actually backs their products?

Thanks

Im in the same boat with you. Ive had 4 Riva batteries in a little over a month that have been faulty. I just this minute emailed drew about these (I know Im not covered by a warranty) but I think he ought to know. The Rive is not all its cracked up to be. Ive had my eGo for 3 months with no problems at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread