Went from a carto tank to the Aspire Nautilus. What was I thinking!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthonyMTSU

Feb 14, 2014
Nashville, TN
Hey everyone, I have been using a carto tank on my Zmax mini but stopped yesterday. I was getting sick of the hot liquid spitting into my mouth occasionally and the daily flooding. Now after getting the Aspire Nautilus. I want to go back to my carto tank. The flavor seemed so much more pure with a carto. Am I doing something wrong with my new tank or are carto tanks really that much better with taste?

the setup as of today

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Cartos provide much better flavor than a clearo like the Nautilus.

I'm always amazed when people talk about how great the flavors are in the Nautilus or Aerotank. They've obviously never tried a carto, much less than RDA/RBA. I would use cartotanks myself if they weren't such a PITA to change flavors in (Which I do about every day). I've got an Aerotank and it's one of the least flavorful clearos I have. Lots of vapor, but very little flavor.

Brend

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2013
USA
I have carto tanks & no e-liquid in mouth and never flooding as I prime carto correctly.

Kanger mini pro ll & I don't get along - I always have gurgling & liquid in my mouth,
but my husband likes them.
Clearomizer - top coil - I often get e-liquid in my mouth.

Of the three, cartomizer w/tanks has best flavor.

Last edited:

Amberina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Personally, I LOVE carto tanks. They give much better flavor and vapor for me.
What kind of carto tank were you using?? I use IBTanked carto tanks with either IkenVape or Smok cartomizers. It is the best set up I have used so far (and I have tried lots of different tanks).
All of the others (Nautilus, ProTanks, etc...) tend to mute flavor and I always had problems with flooding and gurgling.
If you get the hang of it and find your groove, carto tanks are the way to go for sure!! (and if I can get the hang of it, ANYONE can!!)

Good Luck!!!!!

CASEACE79

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
Delaware
I'm with you on the I hate clearo's bandwagon.they have never worked properly since their inception over 2 yrs ago. From the original CE's to the map tanks, to the versions they are today they just don't work very well. Granted they have came very far. Now I haven't used a carto tank in forever but did for a year +. If your looking for GREAT flavor and don't mind trying to learn rebuildables. Either a genesis or RDA can't be beat on flavor and vapor production. Plus it's one of the cheapest ways to vape. Hit me up if you have any questions.

elprup7

Apr 29, 2014
Baltimore
I happen to love the iclear 30s. It has the same clean flavor my RDA does, though with less intense hit and less vapor of course. I do agree that MOST clearomizers cannot compete with carto-tanks but the 30s is very easy to maintain, durable( used the coil head it came with for 2+months now and to change flavors i just need a quick cleaning with warm water. Dont have the time or patience for cartos or carto tanks IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread