Wet Your Stick E-Liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyhorse

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
Baja Alabama
There is one thing I think will never change. That being gjrhine leaving a negative or inflammatory one-liner comment on a consistent basis. He has four posts in this thread occurring on 6/14, 7/14, 9/4 and 11/2. I'm wondering about the regularity of his posting and why he switched from monthly to a bi-monthly schedule.

crazyhorse

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
Baja Alabama
I defy anyone to tell which is the liquid with 5% difference in mixture. :D

Have you tried this yourself?

Edit: By the way, the difference between a 60/40 mixture and a 65/35 mixture is not 5%. I suspect most people will find this to be a striking difference when mixing dissimilar liquids.

Last edited:

greenie

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Pacific Northwest
Have you tried this yourself?

Edit: By the way, the difference between a 60/40 mixture and a 65/35 mixture is not 5%. I suspect most people will find this to be a striking difference when mixing dissimilar liquids.

It would be nice to see other people's reviews. Not that I will buy any but it might give more credibility.

There is one thing I think will never change. That being gjrhine leaving a negative or inflammatory one-liner comment on a consistent basis. He has four posts in this thread occurring on 6/14, 7/14, 9/4 and 11/2. I'm wondering about the regularity of his posting and why he switched from monthly to a bi-monthly schedule.

Maybe gjrhine thinks of this thread as being a one trick pony kind of thing. Personally I don't think after months at this one man show it helps business much. Maybe it doesn't hurt either but .....it's something to think about.

I don't mean any disrespect either. It's just that it is a given you love WYS and it is easy just to by pass another perfect review.

Last edited:

crazyhorse

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
Baja Alabama
Out of the current total of 183 posts in this thread. 83 are by me. Out of the other 100 posts you will find many reviews by others. If you want to read even more reviews by others, visit the WYS sub-forum. There, you will find plenty written about the quality of the WYS liquids and the exceptional service. What is a given is WYS provides the best of liquids and the best of service. What's not to love about that?

If you read through my reviews, you will find they are not all perfect reviews of perfect products. I point out the negatives as well as the positives. I also explore ways to overcome the negatives to help those who may be less than pleased with what they have. I also go out of my way to help diagnose and resolve particular problems. As I did with you some time ago.

It may be easy for you to pass by what I write but it seems to be of interest to someone. I created this thread exactly six months ago tonight. Over the period of time, this thread has racked up the second highest view count in the forum.

I don't know if this "one man show" helps or hurts business. It's not my business enterprise so that's not my concern. My concern is enjoyment of life and all it has to offer. The WYS liquids and their various combinations offer me great enjoyment. I enjoy sharing my discoveries with others in hope they can also find enjoyment in them. If that bothers you, I ask that you simply don't read it.

And to be direct and to the point, I could not care less about anything gjrhine thinks or doesn't think. He does amuse me as a troll but that's the extent of my interest.

crazyhorse

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
Baja Alabama
A double negative. Judging by all the references to me probably a Freudian slip. ;)

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif][SIZE=-1]Sorry, you're wrong. There ARE two negative words in the sentence - not and doesn't - but they don't refer to the same thing. Not is talking about my level of concern and doesn't is talking about your thinking. [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif][SIZE=-1]Negative words are only a double negative, which cancel each other out, if they are talking about the same thing. [/SIZE][/FONT]

crazyhorse

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
Baja Alabama
One of my long term projects is sneaking up on the blend for my perfect "cigar" liquid. This will mimic the cigar of general consensus as the perfect Cuban cigar. This cigar is a complex thing that tastes of leather, cream, coffee, cocoa, caramel, spices and has a pleasant touch of sweetness.

Cuban Cigar should be the perfect base. It's a great leathery, buttery standalone tobacco flavor but it is one tricky critter to use in blending. It works well with the Chocolate so getting that character into the vapor is an easy deal. Vanilla provides some of the spice but the CC can't take much before it goes all wrong

This week I've been working with the Coffee part of the equation. For baseline and entertainment value I started with 50% Cuban Cigar and 50% Coffee. This is a waste because the Coffee completely covers the CC. It just disappears. 30% Coffee is disgusting. The two do not work at all at at this ratio. 10% Coffee works pretty nicely for providing the proper undertone in this basic blend.

From here I added back my previously identified components. A blend of (rounded up numbers) 69% Cuban Cigar, 7% Vanilla, 3.5% Tobacco with 10.34% each of Chocolate and Coffee is very nice but still off my ideal cigar flavor. It needs the caramel and another source of spice.

crazyhorse

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
Baja Alabama
This is the one I’ve been avoiding for so long. Well over two months to be exact. Why? I'm afraid it may be too good. Knowing the individual flavors so well, the mere thought of this blend is too appealing. Too potentially addictive.

So I finally grew a set and mixed me up a 50/50 batch this morning. Is it good? Well, let's say I wish there was a fruit that was half pineapple and half orange. Hmmm, if such a fruit existed, would we call it pinerange or maybe oranapple?

Yes, this stuff is good. I can't put it down. I'm puffing around like an old timey steam locomotive trailing clouds. I've discharged 4500 mAh of batteries today and still puffing. The beast has taken full control of my three modded 801's.

These two flavors go together like coffee and cream, like spaghetti and meatballs. Individually, the liquids are nothing but the strong, pure and clean taste of sweet, ripe fruit. Together, they merge perfectly to give this blend a taste of it's own which is also nothing but the strong, pure and clean taste of sweet, ripe fruit. A fruit of a different kind. Gigawatts of horsepower with not a trace of conflict. Smooth and powerful. Try it, you'll like it.

Oh yeah, for the obligatory vapor production and throat hit commentaries, the ones I don't usually bother with since they're all quite satisfactory, I say a quick, aggressive triple tap on the atomizer with a decently loaded cartridge can make you spit a lung if you're not paying attention, And the vapor? Clouds of it with either a single or triple engine setup.

crazyhorse

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
Baja Alabama
In honor of TS Ida, I mixed me up a new concoction to puff tonight while we wait for the storm to hit. An hour ago the center was 165 miles from our house and it's headed our way at 18 mph. Ida had a bad night and lost a lot of strength which was a real good thing. It should have continued falling apart today from shear and cooler water but the barometric pressure has been falling again since 9 AM. Not such a good thing. The 3 PM level of 991 millibars should support 85 mph but the hurricane hunter only found this intensity in a piece of the southwest quadrant (the weak side) this afternoon so they're still calling it a 70 mph storm. Hey, at least it's not a 105 mph hurricane like it was last night.

My vaping entertainment for this evening is a blend of Rum Punch, Banana, some Orange, Pineapple and a touch of Vanilla. First tries indicate it is indeed, a very tropical blend. Quite tasty. It'll do just fine for passing the time through what I hope turns out to be a very boring night.

bluesuede

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Central PA, USA
One of my long term projects is sneaking up on the blend for my perfect "cigar" liquid. This will mimic the cigar of general consensus as the perfect Cuban cigar. This cigar is a complex thing that tastes of leather, cream, coffee, cocoa, caramel, spices and has a pleasant touch of sweetness.

Cuban Cigar should be the perfect base. It's a great leathery, buttery standalone tobacco flavor but it is one tricky critter to use in blending. .

Crazyhorse: I couldn't agree more. Your review and the Cuban Cigar from WYS saved my .... when I first started vaping because I couldn't tolerate the weird underlying sweetness of all the other tobacco flavors I sampled and I sampled a LOT. I sure as heck wasn't interested in any fruity flavors back then. This one is definitely a winner, all the way. Still one of my go-to flavors. I can vape this all day long and be happy. It's excellent. Only tried a drop of WYS vanilla on it and it's good. :thumb:

Thanks for all your terrific reviews! I sure do appciate the time and effort it takes. Good work, my man!

crazyhorse

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
Baja Alabama
My pleasure bluesuede.

I've always loved the artistry of fine cigars and the special blending of tobaccos they employ to provide the complexity of flavors. What I love so much about the e-liquid is employing my own artistry to get the flavors I want. Even better, I can make the particular characteristics I seek as subtle or as bold as I want.

crazyhorse

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
Baja Alabama
I haven’t paid much attention to the Tobacco liquid lately. Mostly, I use only small amounts of it in my blends. As such, it’s a valuable ingredient but this is a detrimental oversight. There is a higher use for it.

As I originally reported much earlier in this thread, Tobacco has a nice, rich tobacco flavor with a different character than Cuban Cigar. It has a nice harshness to it. The only bothersome property (to me) as a standalone flavor is a very slight sweetness. I decided to see what a small amount of Coffee would do to negate any sweetness and make it a nicer smoke. I have two reports for you.

The first mix is 80/20 Tobacco/Coffee. This amount of Coffee works wonders with the Tobacco. It completely covers any trace of sweetness and is a complementary blend. It’s a very smoky tobacco flavor with a nice undertone of Coffee.

The second mix drops the Coffee to 10%. It is enough to completely nuke any trace of the sweetness in the Tobacco but not quite enough to sway the flavor too far away from Tobacco in the pure, standalone form. Although I haven’t tried it yet, I suspect dropping the Coffee to 5% will have the same desirable effect with even less influence.

Either way, these blends are great. This simple change turns Tobacco into a virtually perfect liquid to satisfy any smoker or ex-smoker looking for a great tobacco taste. I think it’s even better than the 70/30 to 80/20 blend of Tobacco/Vanilla for pulling off the ciggy substitute.
And yes Gary, I can definitely notice a large difference in the taste of these slightly different blends. You could even taste the difference if you’re able to differentiate between a hot dog and a hershey bar in a blind testing session.

crazyhorse

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
Baja Alabama
About 25 years ago I started a tradition. When I lose someone I love, I smoke a special cigar to commemorate their passing. This morning I lost one of the great loves of my life. A little raccoon named Misha, She came into our lives almost 13 years ago. A game warden brought her to me after her mother was killed. She was a tiny baby. Her eyes weren't even opened yet. She was in tough shape but I saved her. I was the only mommy she ever knew. She was a special animal and she was my baby. I chose to smoke a Cuban Romeo y Julieta Churchill Tubo in her honor. The cigar was the same age as she was .

The last time I smoked was April 20 when we lost Christy. She's the Golden Retriever you see in the picture with Misha. They were both babies back then and they were the best of friends. When Christy passed, Misha was devastated. She quit eating and was terribly depressed. Two months to the day after we lost Christy, Misha started eating again and started getting better. She regained a lot of the weight she lost and was happy again. All was well until a month ago when she started giving up on the eating again. We had a very difficult time finding foods that she would eat. She started losing all the weight she gained. Last Saturday was the last time she ate well. Yesterday she was unable to keep anything down. Even water. Things were not looking good for her. Last night I held her and hugged her for hours and talked to her. I told her everything would be okay if she needed to leave us and go to heaven. I put her to bed and she died in her sleep. She was happy and knew she was deeply loved. She lived a good and long life. Now she's in a better place.

I'm sorry for the off-topic post. This is something I cannot talk about to anyone. I can barely get the words out to even speak about it with my wife. Writing about it to my friends seems to be easier and I guess it helps me deal with my pain. Thank you for listening.
kids.jpg
kids.jpg

plantlvr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
Northern California
I'm so sorry for your loss, they are beautiful! I picture them together, as I'm sure you do, playing and snuggling. The pain is great for you now, but be sure that they still love you for loving them.
Sometimes I lose my faith in mankind but then I happen upon this and it restores my faith. Thank you.
Thank you for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread