Wet Your Stick E-Liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snarkyone

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Your mom said not to say...
Did I miss it somewhere, what material are you using for filler, are you using Fluval or what? I saw that someone asked but I didn't see the answer. I ask because I have been using Fluval and it works like a charm in both my Dragon and in my 510. It is really perfect for the 510 style cartridge because it's not round but rectangular and you can cut Fluval to slide in perfectly. Good luck.

tylerdurden455

Sep 21, 2009
Hey guys, until now I've been a forum stalker (this is my first post) but my experience with wetyourstick e-liquids has inspired me to write my first post. I know this is an e-liquid review thread but we all know that (for most of us) customer service is a big part of the decision we ultimately make regarding our suppliers. Having said that, the combination of great customer service, prices and product is a no-brainer. I have tried many companies since my conversion from analog and this one is by far the best. I just placed another order and I sent Matt this note along with my order. I wanted to share it here hoping that someone is on the fence about ordering from wetyourstick.com and I could encourage them to take the plunge. You wont be sorry.

Just wanted to leave you a note concerning my last order (feel free to quote me). You were out of stock on one flavor I ordered. You made a perfectly acceptable substitution (one mg level lower, same flavor) and added a couple of free bottles to "make up" for the fact you were out of stock on the mg level I wanted of one of my flavors. I wish ALL businesses (let alone all e-cig businesses) would act with such simple common sense and high standards of customer service. Most places would wait about 3 or 4 days and then send an email saying they were out of stock and ask for me to take some action to resolve the issue. The way you handled it, I got my order promptly and it was even better than what I had expected. I had heard about your good customer service on the forums and it was in large part why I placed my first order. As a result of my first experience with your company, I too will be singing your praises online. Keep it up, your customers very much appreciate it.

Thanks,
Dan

Having said that, the flavor of the liquids and vapor production is quite good. Taste is subject to opinion, but good customer service is universal. That being the case, I HIGHLY recommend that everyone out there place an order with Matt and give his products a try.

(also, I too am a shuttle launch nerd. So much so that I moved away from my long time home to work for NASA)

crazyhorse

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
Baja Alabama
Look, there's this stuff called Irish Mist. I discovered it back in the early 70's and always like to keep a bottle around. It's a liqueur they've been making in Ireland for ages. Not too strong at 70 proof but it's supposedly the perfect throwback to the ancient heather wine that was lost some thousand years ago. This stuff is a blend of old Irish whiskey, honey, herbs, spices and caramel. It's hot, sweet and spicy. I've always referred to it as a honey liqueur but it's a sippin' whiskey that shouldn't even be allowed near ice. Anyone who would even consider mixing it in coke or juice needs to be horsewhipped.

I've been without for more than five years now. I threw the last of it, along with a far-beyond-therapeutic dose of pain meds, at a "glad I'm still alive" celebration a while after being sprung from the broken back ward in 2004. I never got around to getting me another bottle since then. It's usually pretty hard to find. But my lovely wife thought about me, as she always does, and got me a bottle for my birthday a while back. Bless her.

So tonight, I decided to have me a taste. Being the confirmed ritualist I am, the perfect smoke is required. Before vapor, it would likely have been something from an island south of Miami and called a Montecristo. Now that I'm a vaper, I'm thinking there has to be a perfect liquid to complement an occasion like this. What I came up with is a logical mix. A blend heavy on Vanilla and Caramel, a little Tobacco, a touch of Coffee and a good whack of Chocolate to set off the slight dark cocoa character of the Mist.

A fresh cartridge of the blend, a tumbler with a few fingers of the Mist and what do I find? Perfection. This is a delight of orgasmic proportion. It goes together like my X and my wife's Y. A sip of the drink makes you say ooh and a puff of the vapor makes you say ahh. As an unashamed collector and lover of the finest cigars and drinks of the world, I can honestly say, it really doesn't get any better than this. A couple of ounces of the Mist and a few cartridges of the blend will make you forget anything has ever been wrong in life. Salud.

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
Look, there's this stuff called Irish Mist. I discovered it back in the early 70's and always like to keep a bottle around. It's a liqueur they've been making in Ireland for ages.

Sorry about this. But humor is always at someone else's expense...

After a few drinks I thought I was a professional kareoke singer :)

Dave

crazyhorse

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
Baja Alabama
Not that I'm bored with any of my usual and favorite blends, I've decided to break away and start checking out some additional possibilities. With all the great WYS flavors I have in my fridge, the combinations border on endless. There are so many I want to play with but I have such a hard time putting down my everyday mixes.

I've been staying out of the Orange and Pineapple just because they're so dang good by themselves and I puff them way too enthusiastically. As a means of utilization with moderation, I'm going to focus on working with these two flavors as blend materials for a while.

Vanilla and Orange @ 50/50 is a combination I'm now enjoying. I don't know what to say about it but I know I'll have a hard time quitting this one anytime real soon. There's no exceptional synergy to this blend. It's just plain and simple delicious. The strongly smoky and slightly sweet taste of the Vanilla is enhanced by the taste of pure Orange. I like it!

I think soon I'll go for the big one and mix me up a batch of Orange and Pineapple. I've been avoiding this one like the plague because I'm afraid it will be a supremely addictive flavor. I'll report back once I get over this Vanilla/Orange kick I'm on.

crazyhorse

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
Baja Alabama
Some people enjoy it but I know a lot of people aren't liking Cheesecake because of the little bit "wrong" in the flavor. As I wrote earlier, blending with either Peach or Banana helps out a lot. I never had the stones to try mixing it with Grape. The idea of that one just doesn't do it for me but I did finally get around to checking it with Pineapple and Orange. These are definitely the two best options for Cheesecake rescue. Either one works very nicely. They both have the power to right the wrong and produce a complementary blend . If you're feeling used and abused about the Cheesecake, invest in a bottle of either of these flavors They both make for a tasty Cheesecake fix.

crazyhorse

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
Baja Alabama
This is another fine and tasty blend. I settled on two parts of Chocolate with one part of Pineapple as ideal for me. The dark and complex cocoa flavor of the Chocolate is pleasantly modified and sweetened by the light and fruity essence of Pineapple. It's a taste with a high degree of interest and a nice level of harshness. This one is good at any time of the day or night and is something I could vape everyday with no sense of boredom. After playing around with a few different ratios, I mixed up 6 ml and found it hard to put down. But I must proceed on to another blend.

crazyhorse

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
Baja Alabama
Here I go with another two of my standalone favorites in a blend.

As with the Chocolate and Pineapple blend, my taste was piqued at two parts Chocolate and one part Orange. 60/40 may be a slight bit better but I was happy with the original choice. Again, the dark complexity of Chocolate blends wonderfully with the light fruitiness of pure Orange for a darkly potent but carefree sensasion. It is another excellent blend that I highly recommend.

In this case, however, I was working with 36mg raw materials so a healthy dilution with PG was in order. From an initial taste of the two potent liquids straight up, I can say putting a 50% PG cut on it didn't dilute the flavor at all and merely booted up the vapor production. No harm, no foul.

crazyhorse

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
Baja Alabama
My review of a Caramel/Pineapple blend didn't start well. I mixed up a batch of 60% Caramel and 40% Pineapple on Tuesday afternoon. It wasn't up to my expectation but I had just started using a new atomizer. I hate new atomizers. They never give me a proper taste so I resigned myself to slowly suffering through the break-in procedure with this blend knowing it would come around eventually.

That afternoon, my wife called me and told me she got a flu shot. Her first one ever. She said a nurse came to the office and offered everyone there a flu shot. She figured, "what the hey, it's free" and took the poke. About 8:30 PM (6 hours post-injection) she came rolling out of the bedroom to tell me she's afraid she's having a reaction to the shot. Yeah, no joke. Her entire face and neck are swollen up and her lower lip looked like Mike Tyson punched her. Her eyes are fire red and breathing is labored because her chest and throat are tightening. I get her back to bed, dose her with benedryl and start recording information. I take her vitals and find her heart rate is 30 points higher than it ought to be. Then the nausea and chills begin. She refuses to consider the ER so I pull our fastest car up to the back door and get ready for a 20 mile race to the nearest hospital. I begin considering how and where I'll arrange to meet an ambulance en route if she goes into full-fledged anaphylactic shock on me. This is always a concern since she's allergic to things like bee stings. I do a little reading and learn about oculo-respiratory syndrome, a rare side effect of the seasonal flu shot. She exhibits the classic symptoms. This slightly lowers my anxiety level knowing it may be something other than anaphylaxia. After watching her spend the night in writhing agony, she finally got over the hump about 3 AM and began resting a little more comfortably. By 8 AM the facial edema was down and she no longer looked like she'd bleed out through her eyeballs. She slept all day and by that evening, she was back to normal.

So anyway, being scared spitless and nervous as a ..... in church, I vaped like a fiend all night long while never taking my eyes off her for more than a few minutes at the time. I set a personal record for most liquid vaporized in a 12-hour period. About three days worth. My atomizer was broken in early on and the Caramel/Pineapple was soon tasting pretty dang good. The multi-faceted character of the Caramel came in as expected and I found it to be a thoroughly enjoyable blend. Smoky, rich and pleasantly sweet and fruity. It made a truly miserable night a lot more tolerable.

I suggest you give this blend a try but please, do it under calmer circumstances.

crazyhorse

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
Baja Alabama
You crack me up Gary. You're like a drive by shooter that pops off every month or so. I can understand your skepticism, however, I doubt you are capable of measuring or even calculating a 5% difference in a blend.

Edit: Hey dbs, let me offer a simple exercise to help someone like you begin to grasp the subtleties of mixing and tasting. I'll keep it simple so you can follow along.

Imagine you have a large platter of food in front of you. Looks great but doesn't taste good to you because it's not seasoned to your liking. So what do you do? Eat it and say ewww?

Or do you estimate that putting 10 shakes of salt or habañero pepper or tobasco sauce or whatever spice over it will set it right? You go for it and you taste it and dang it, it still isn't exactly the taste you want. It's better but just not right.

So what do you do next? Suffer with it? Get used to it? Or do you decide that five more shakes of the salt or the habañero or the tabasco or the whatever may do the trick. You go for it, you sample it and voila, perfection. When you tasted it you knew it was just about ideal for you.

I know that must be a rough concept for your simple mind to grasp so take your time and read it over a few times. It's okay if your lips move when you read. We won't tell.

See? Even an old troll like you can tell the difference when adding 10 and then adding 5 more. It really isn't that hard if you have a brain.

Last edited:

crazyhorse

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
Baja Alabama
I mixed a small batch 50/50 Vanilla/Pineapple blend and it was predictably good. A very pleasurable vapor.

Once I finished that off I decided to do it again but bump it with Coffee. I made a batch of the three in equal parts. This is definitely a winner. It's a complex blend offering a variety of taste sensations. This blend is very smoky with a lovely sweetness and a nice whack of the fruit. The Coffee makes it a real party in your mouth, nose and throat. A very worthwhile alternative to a $20 cigar.

hyperdeficit

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2009
Lucas, Texas
You crack me up Gary. You're like a drive by shooter that pops off every month or so. I can understand your skepticism, however, I doubt you are capable of measuring or even calculating a 5% difference in a blend.

Edit: Hey dbs, let me offer a simple exercise to help someone like you begin to grasp the subtleties of mixing and tasting. I'll keep it simple so you can follow along.

Imagine you have a large platter of food in front of you. Looks great but doesn't taste good to you because it's not seasoned to your liking. So what do you do? Eat it and say ewww?

Or do you estimate that putting 10 shakes of salt or habañero pepper or tobasco sauce or whatever spice over it will set it right? You go for it and you taste it and dang it, it still isn't exactly the taste you want. It's better but just not right.

So what do you do next? Suffer with it? Get used to it? Or do you decide that five more shakes of the salt or the habañero or the tabasco or the whatever may do the trick. You go for it, you sample it and voila, perfection. When you tasted it you knew it was just about ideal for you.

I know that must be a rough concept for your simple mind to grasp so take your time and read it over a few times. It's okay if your lips move when you read. We won't tell.

See? Even an old troll like you can tell the difference when adding 10 and then adding 5 more. It really isn't that hard if you have a brain.

wow i stopped paying attention to this thread about two months ago and it is still the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread