We've come a long way...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybercop

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2010
New York
Ahh yes...searching the supermarket for pyramid tea bags, trying to find just the right blue foam in the aquarium store...
Anybody else remember those little yellow cut-out plugs that one modder was selling? Forgot what they were called, but I still have a bag full of them!

I'm guessing a few years from now I'll be looking at the saddle valve I just bought to punch cartos and thinking "what the hell?....":laugh:

Last edited:

ITPython

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Central Coast, CA
I have come a long way in only a few weeks. I started with the classic analog smoker mentality "I want something that looks like a cig", to wanting more battery life and significantly more liquid capacity.

So I ended up with this... :cool:

236a1b79.jpg

Gotta say, I couldn't be happier. Sure beats the heck of out constantly recharging my 510 batts and topping off my carts every 5 puffs. Now I only need to recharge every 2 days (could actually go much longer, but I like to keep my 18650 li-ions at a decent level) and refilling every 2 days or so (that is just an estimate, as I just installed my new tank today!).

Last edited:

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
What I keep finding amusing is that when my bf and I first started vaping almost 3 years ago, we'd get frustrated with all the fiddling we had to do. My bf, who loves to invent stuff, kept saying I need to come up with an atomizer that'll do this... or if there was a way to feed juice directly to the atomizer...

I keep seeing his ideas come about and smack him for not coming out with this stuff years ago lol

Bozzlite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Central Texas
Blue foam from the pet store, polyfill from Walmart's sewing section, and mixed drink straws for the dart mod ... fond memories.

And, then I discovered Boge cartos!

That does bring back the memories. I have to look back at it and laugh now, LOL. Yes, and the tea bags too. I did all that stuff before I switched to cartomizers.

And I threw all that stuff out too Classwife. Well, except for the straws.

Last edited:

zara1269

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2010
Ohio
Another one here who is still clinging to the blue foam stuff and blank cartridges (these came with a kit I just purchased).

I never got into cartos until recently b/c when I first started most of them required syringes to fill and I just wasn't into toting that stuff around. Now they are super easy to fill and much less hassle than dripping (I still drip occasionally).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread