Wha DON'T you like about your 510?

Status
Not open for further replies.

denec

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2009
NYC
Several folks mentioned that they prefer the 901 whistle-style mouthpiece to the round one on the 501. On a whim I took a 901 mouthpice and tried putting it on my 501 manual model... it fits perfectly.

So if you don't like the round 501 tip, just replace it with one from a 901.

can i ask a stupid question how do you do that?

i thought the mouthpiece is part of the cartridge on the 510? so how do you change the mouthpiece itself? without changing the cartridge or am i missing something?

C

ceejay

can i ask a stupid question how do you do that?

i thought the mouthpiece is part of the cartridge on the 510? so how do you change the mouthpiece itself? without changing the cartridge or am i missing something?

cartridge and mouthpiece are the same. he meant to just swap the cartridge from a 901. for me, the 901 cartridges don't fit my 510 atomizers. they are too big

C

ceejay

003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

C

ceejay

Wow! That is unreal! Okay, just a couple questions:

1. Type of e-liquid you used in it.

2. How long did it take for your cart to get in that condition.

3. Does your 510 do that to every cart or just that one.

4. Was this with the manual, or the automatic battery?

1. ps riskee
2. not sure, i'm guessing couple days
3. happened to 3 carts
4. manual

it's most likely the atomizer wick being off center. before i would just stick the cart in there without aligning it with the wick. now i'm being more careful, gonna see if it stops doing it.

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
1. ps riskee
2. not sure, i'm guessing couple days
3. happened to 3 carts
4. manual

it's most likely the atomizer wick being off center. before i would just stick the cart in there without aligning it with the wick. now i'm being more careful, gonna see if it stops doing it.

It's happened to me (to a way smaller degree, though), mostly with one atomizer that seems to be a little bit higher and crooked compared to the rest.

mariop

Feb 28, 2009
hi, i've just recieved the titan 510 today, vapor is very good, but throat hit is nothing compared to the evo... I used the high (16mg) liquid supplied with it. maybe it's from the prefilled carts that came with it?, i dropped in the atomizer some TW 36mg chocolate liquid, and that is a throat hit!!But i read in this forum that even with low nic value , it should have a good throat hit! any ideas??

Shadowdr

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2009
Nashville Tn.
I have a DuraC. What I don't like is,
That the threads are not of a good quality, until it is very tight it is crooked.
The attys are both off center and will touch the carts unless aligned with the wider spots.
The manual button hangs at the corners, doesn't stay on but still,,
The draw is very very hard. So hard it changes the taste of the juice with the Janty branded and warranted atty. The other is much better but if I use it I will have nothing to use when it goes out but the warranted one so when it goes I'll have nothing during shipping. The difference between the two points to manufacture QC issues.
No led
Push button at the wrong end of battery, making it in the middle of the full length it is uncomfortable to use and hold while puffing. I have gotten used to it but would have liked it on the end I hold.

What I do like,,
Carts never leak and fit tightly to atty.
Battery life is better then my N-Pro.
Batteries charge in about an hour.
Very sleek design.
Looks just like a pen with a slip on clip.
Round soft plastic mouthpiece.
Carts are very easy to refill.

All in all a good design but perhaps future one's will be better then current supply.

Last edited:

rsngfrce

ECF Veteran
I have a DuraC. What I don't like is,
That the threads are not of a good quality, until it is very tight it is crooked.
The attys are both off center and will touch the carts unless aligned with the wider spots.
The manual button hangs at the corners, doesn't stay on but still,,
The draw is very very hard. So hard it changes the taste of the juice with the Janty branded and warranted atty. The other is much better but if I use it I will have nothing to use when it goes out but the warranted one so when it goes I'll have nothing during shipping. The difference between the two points to manufacture QC issues.
No led
Push button at the wrong end of battery, making it in the middle of the full length it is uncomfortable to use and hold while puffing. I have gotten used to it but would have liked it on the end I hold.

Thanks for your post, it's good to see some actual negatives posted in this thread, for fairness's sake.

I've heard of thread complaints before, but haven't experienced that myself.

The bridge of the atomizer does seem to be at an angle sometimes with these... it is at an angle on the Janty atomizer I am using, but that hasn't caused any problem. If it was interfering with the cart (or melting the cart as illustrated in ceejay's pics), I might try to send it back under warranty.

No LED? We don't need no stinkin' LED! Just a battery waster (but you can get LED versions from other vendors now ;)).

I've found myself wishing the button was closer to the atomizer side of the battery, which I think is opposite of what you want...

Shadowdr

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2009
Nashville Tn.
Thanks for your post, it's good to see some actual negatives posted in this thread, for fairness's sake.

I've heard of thread complaints before, but haven't experienced that myself.

The bridge of the atomizer does seem to be at an angle sometimes with these... it is at an angle on the Janty atomizer I am using, but that hasn't caused any problem. If it was interfering with the cart (or melting the cart as illustrated in ceejay's pics), I might try to send it back under warranty.

No LED? We don't need no stinkin' LED! Just a battery waster (but you can get LED versions from other vendors now ;)).

I've found myself wishing the button was closer to the atomizer side of the battery, which I think is opposite of what you want...
I did try to look at it like an actual unbiased tester. The thread thing is not a biggie but it feels like putting SAE threads to a metric one, close but no cigar.
I like the LED, no matter the color because partly it is a psychological thing and it just quits working with no warning. This probably saves the battery from going critical however.
The button is just at an odd spot, moved either way it would be better IMHO.
All products seem to have some weakness or drawback but I can see myself going to a different model in the future. These things should be more compatible with each other so we could mix and match what we like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread