Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
I feel the same way.

Try the slug mod by eclipse (who modified other auto-drip mods). I'm using this now. Its easy and you can get a LOT of perfect hits out of a single cart. The wicking of the original filler is not good, and this is why you are getting only a few good hits before The Bad Taste happens and you have to top off. I got some improvement with the straw addition to the original filler, then more improvement by using disposable facial sponge with straw. I will be getting some blue foam soon, but using the disposable facial sponge as the slug with the large straw mod is VERY good! You can get about 50 hits from a cart, and you don't waste so much fluid trapped in a non-wicking filler. Definite and large improvement to the stock setup.

hope7

Apr 5, 2009
I've been using 901s & bought my first (and probably last) 510 from Strictly e-Juice. It arrived last Thursday. One of the batteries wouldn't hold a charge for more than an hour from the get-go, and today the other one bit the dust. I charged both initially exactly as the instructions said. I emailed the company several days ago about the first bad battery & have yet to hear from them, and just sent another email about this one. I used my Paypal debit card & hope I don't have to file a claim to recoup the cost of this starter kit. I am not a happy camper with my 510. :( Anybody have any experience with this company?

Clem68W

Dec 29, 2009
Hawaii
I got the 510 starter kit from strictlyejuice.com last week, and so far, no real problems. I'm still learning my way around this thing, but it seems to be functioning at about the battery life people report. At first I was trying to huff on it like a regular cigarette (withdrawals and all, it's been a rough week), and that may be why my battery life was really short for the first several days. I'm getting a little more life out of it now that I take it easy, but I get the sense from this forum that 510s suck up the battery power. Anyway, I digress. To sum up: they dealt with me A-OK; furthermore, batteries seem to be the weak point for 510s in general.

Wireguy

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Birmingham Al
It's not a 510. It's a knock off. The resistance on the atty is closer to a 901. For all practical purposes it's a 901. Some of the knock offs are made by the same people who make the 901. Don't know about these.

Before you blow off the 510 you should buy a real one.

I've been using 901s & bought my first (and probably last) 510 from Strictly e-Juice. It arrived last Thursday. One of the batteries wouldn't hold a charge for more than an hour from the get-go, and today the other one bit the dust. I charged both initially exactly as the instructions said. I emailed the company several days ago about the first bad battery & have yet to hear from them, and just sent another email about this one. I used my Paypal debit card & hope I don't have to file a claim to recoup the cost of this starter kit. I am not a happy camper with my 510. :( Anybody have any experience with this company?

I also ordered some 510's from strictlyejuice a few weeks ago and they are knockoff's and have some major issues with the batteries. One of my batteries got stuck on and blew the charger up the first time i charged it and the other one gets stuck on all the time and will make your atty stink with a burnt taste for days afterwards. I have ordered the real Joytech 510's from freshsmoking.com and nhaler.com and they have been going strong for a few weeks now. I would recommend the blue foam mod for the carts for much better vaping results. But I love my 510's for now.

natura

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
USA-Western NY
LOVE Jane at strickly e-juice -the 510 mega I have been using a couple days and works great!!

I sent a pm to someone earlier in this thread. Taking about a passthrough for 510.

Ash Electronic has free shipping for orders over 13.99 LOL the 510 passthrough sells for 13.99 but they have a 901 (808 probably too since there same threads?)adapter for like 2 dollars and change

USB Pass Through for Joye510 (Manual Switch) - $13.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

Their forum doesn't get much action here-maybe cause he's too busy with his store??
But their quickly becoming my go to source. I am a curious being and with those daily midnight sales ..I am staying up later too lol Their free shipping so low price right now.. helps me too. I hate paying for shipping when I could be spending that money on supplies. I like getting lots of packages in the mail too. So rather then spend 50 or a 100 at some places..I keep watching Ash.

ONLY thing I don't like is fiddling with the e-juice/carts. But I now use cartos, my mod cart, and carts. So there really isn't any complaints anymore.

(note to self-must stop talking about ash-ugh-it's so hard I just wanna share my good finds)

Last edited:

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Topping off carts constantly was becoming a hassle. PTB? Eh, works better than poly filler. Dripping can be messy. But a youtube trip away from the forum and I found this. By far the best cart mod I've tried yet. Works insanely well. Try it if you haven't already.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zv4u_iEk9cw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zv4u_iEk9cw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

or

YouTube - Joye 510 cartridge mod auto drip mod "ADM"

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
LOVE Jane at strickly e-juice -the 510 mega I have been using a couple days and works great!!

I sent a pm to someone earlier in this thread. Taking about a passthrough for 510.

Ash Electronic has free shipping for orders over 13.99 LOL the 510 passthrough sells for 13.99 but they have a 901 (808 probably too since there same threads?)adapter for like 2 dollars and change

Their forum doesn't get much action here-maybe cause he's too busy with his store??
But their quickly becoming my go to source. I am a curious being and with those daily midnight sales ..I am staying up later too lol Their free shipping so low price right now.. helps me too. I hate paying for shipping when I could be spending that money on supplies. I like getting lots of packages in the mail too. So rather then spend 50 or a 100 at some places..I keep watching Ash.

ONLY thing I don't like is fiddling with the e-juice/carts. But I now use cartos, my mod cart, and carts. So there really isn't any complaints anymore.

(note to self-must stop talking about ash-ugh-it's so hard I just wanna share my good finds)

Wow, they are cheap! Thanks for the info on Ash! I think I'll go shopping! Oh how I love to shop!!! :D

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
I would like to see a 510 cart with an extended barrel to hold more juice. The mega carts and attys from TW, while I haven't tried them, don't to me look like they will hold more than about 20% more juice than a regular 510 cart. I use an ADM cart mod, so I drain the juice from it completely. The Juice-box would solve this completely, but then that is a mod, not original 510.

I smoked Winston Lights. The 510 with my DIY 18 mg juices have as much TH as the analogs, and often much more. I don't think I could handle more or would want more TH. I don't need more vapor. The batt lifetime is also an issue, but with mega batts, a PT, or a 510 batt mod, that problem is fairly solved. More and more of these batt mods are being created all the time. The latest I know of is the Titan Tornado from TW...a nice looking 10440 batt mod.

Some complain about the flavor being less than, say, the 901 or 801, but my DIY VG juices have lots of flavor...and in fact, I am preferring less flavor in general, as some flavors tend to irritate the throat and lungs if I vape on them all day.

A lifetime atty would be good, but there is no such thing as a lifetime anything, other than taxes. I look at the 510 as a starting point, as it has hardware that work with most batt mods if you want to go that route, and carts that are easy to mod in a variety of ways. The stock regular 510 with stock filler, however, definitely has serious room for improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread