Status
Not open for further replies.

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
I just felt it was too expensive an the accessory parts. I bought a 510 from electronicstix, and I sold it on ECF within 2hrs of receiving it. I only tested it for about 1.5 hours, and I felt that is was comparable to my 401 style on throat hit, and vapor. It didn't make sense for me to keep it, all my stock parts is 401 stuff. Until the 510 parts come way down in price, I will stick with my 401

srtga

Feb 10, 2009
Ga. USA
I just felt it was too expensive an the accessory parts. I bought a 510 from electronicstix, and I sold it on ECF within 2hrs of receiving it. I only tested it for about 1.5 hours, and I felt that is was comparable to my 401 style on throat hit, and vapor. It didn't make sense for me to keep it, all my stock parts is 401 stuff. Until the 510 parts come way down in price, I will stick with my 401

I'm tokin' on it now :D

I agree with the parts being expensive. $20 for a battery? $20 for an atomizer?

I think that the best way to have plenty of 510 spares is to just order a new set. I have about $150 in 3 sets. That's 6 complete cigs and 3 chargers.

Sar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
New York, NY
I don't like how hot the mouth piece can get. Otherwise I love it
EDIT: Sorry, didn't see the word "hot" earlier. This is the first time I've heard about the mouthpiece getting hot. I am still waiting for my Yeti/510 to arrive but I'll watch out for the heat.

So far I only used 801 penstyle and 901 mini and I hated the soft 801 mouth piece. The 901 I have has a hard plastic mouth piece and I really like it so much more. I've ordered replacement mouthpieces for the 801 hoping that they will also be made out of hard plastic. I hope the mouthpiece on the 510 is not soft like the 801.

Last edited:

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
srtga- that was my whole point. I have spent so much on my 401 stockpile (23) batteries (18) atomizers, it just wasn't worth spending a ton of money on a new style of ecig. I think the main reason I bought one was because the M401 batteries were so sensitive, and would go dean in a club. I just bought a DSE401, and they have the old manual automatic switch, so that cured my main problem with the mic switch batteries on the m401.

I will try the 501 when the prices come down.

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
I'm tokin' on it now :D

I agree with the parts being expensive. $20 for a battery? $20 for an atomizer?

I think that the best way to have plenty of 510 spares is to just order a new set. I have about $150 in 3 sets. That's 6 complete cigs and 3 chargers.

hahaah, I just noticed I was the one who sold you that 510 I got 2hrs after I received it. Have you had any issues at all with it?

srtga

Feb 10, 2009
Ga. USA
hahaah, I just noticed I was the one who sold you that 510 I got 2hrs after I received it. Have you had any issues at all with it?

No problems! I'm going with your M.O. Find something that works for me and stick with it.

I still find myself cruizing the classifieds though...

That's quite a 401 stash!

Last edited:

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
I really like my 510 quite a bit. I'm really satisfied with the performance, vapor production, batt. life, etc. About the only gripes I have are:

No USB passthrough.
Expensive batts. atomizers.

Hopefully as this product comes into it's own the prices will come down. It's cheaper to buy a whole new set than to fool with new batts...
Prices have dropped in the past couple of weeks, starter sets were 58-60 bucks, now most vendors have dropped to 49-59. As for parts check all the vendors as there are HUGE differences in batt and atty prices out there.

What I don't like; not much really. Nope, as of around 9 or 10 days with the thing I'm still perty much in love with it!

Last edited:

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com
What I don't like:
1. Automatic Batteries
2. Leaky carts (still get them occasionally)
3. High prices on parts
4. Miss the pip tip of a 901, would like a 510 cart size with an added pip tip.
5. No USB passthrough, or if there is one it's as rare as a freakin unicorn or something because I sure haven't seen one....
6. Poor battery life, would be less of an issue if the mythical passthrough would bless us with it's presence...

strayling

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Seattle, USA
I don't get the problem with short battery life. My Dura-C batteries last for ages compared to those on my Pilot 401 (which admittedly are small). I think the manual switch extends the life because I release the switch before I finish taking a drag whereas the auto ones are still lit when I take the e-cig out of my mouth. Perhaps I take shorter drags than most people.

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com
I don't get the problem with short battery life. My Dura-C batteries last for ages compared to those on my Pilot 401 (which admittedly are small). I think the manual switch extends the life because I release the switch before I finish taking a drag whereas the auto ones are still lit when I take the e-cig out of my mouth. Perhaps I take shorter drags than most people.

Hmmm. I get about an hour and a half of use from a Dura manual battery. It is pretty constant use though through that time. I take about five to six second drags.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW

Same here strayling. I've only the 2 batts right now, more coming. Both are manual. Full charge on both when I leave the house at 6AM and still using the 2nd batt as I type this.

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com
Same here strayling. I've only the 2 batts right now, more coming. Both are manual. Full charge on both when I leave the house at 6AM and still using the 2nd batt as I type this.

Wow! That is some battery life! I've got six batteries that don't last me through the day without hitting the charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread