Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Sheda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Tampa, FL
So been doing the pro-tanks and EVODs on c-twists for about 6 weeks, and decided to try this drippy thingy everyone has been talking about...
I got this, in the offhand chance I might want to feel like doing my own coiling and such, and it was cheap.

Phoenix Dripping Rebuildable Atomizer

First few hits were weird, but I figured they would be, added a few more drops and kept going.
Yup.. much more taste than the BCCs. So I went back and tried a few drops of this and that.
It is really nice to be able to change flavors so quickly, so tried this, and then that, and then over nicd myself a few times.
(no biggee, done it on the tanks) I dont know if I will get into it as much as the tanks. I really like the fill it up only once or twice a day thing. But for sampling, and for really getting the flavor out of something, it's great.

But I did notice it really went through the ctwist charge quickly (yeah..it's 2OHM and needs power, and then dry burns between etc..etc.. can't wait for my VAMO or SID to get here!) But do RBA's use more power than BCC's?

Back to the tank until I get my 1100 Ctwists charged back up.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
...But I did notice it really went through the ctwist charge quickly... But do RBA's use more power than BCC's?

Why, yes they do. :laugh:

Most folks normally don't recommend an RBA or a RDA for an eGo battery. They'll have issues with the amperage that the rebuildables demand on the battery. You'll see better battery time with your Vamo & SID. Hopefully you ordered some good high drain IMR batteries for them...like AW or Panasonic brand. They will have more capability with the amp draws.

Mike Sheda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Tampa, FL
Why, yes they do. :laugh:

Most folks normally don't recommend an RBA or a RDA for an eGo battery. They'll have issues with the amperage that the rebuildables demand on the battery. You'll see better battery time with your Vamo & SID. Hopefully you ordered some good high drain IMR batteries for them...like AW or Panasonic brand. They will have more capability with the amp draws.

I have 4 Panasonics ready and waiting for them when they get here. And a Nitecore I4 V2 to keep them that way :)
Just waiting on the SID to find it's way to me, and the Vamo V3 to get shipped via carrier pigeon....
(I hate waiting, but I also hate paying twice the amount for the same thing)

theinlawjosie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
The Bluegrass State
I have found that I am definitely a dripping kind of guy. I didn't care for it too much when I got my first 510 atty - it seemed to be more hassle than it was worth. I then got a cheap RDA from fasttech and fell in love. I now have a couple of Smoktech Octopus', a couple of Igo-L's and a V5 that I keep in rotation. I've barely used my pro tank or evod (although I did just get a pro tank 2 today, I'm sure it will get some attention). Dripping is definitely the way to go for me!

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
You don't even have to go down the RDA route to try dripping - a regular 510 will work just fine. I'm a relatively new vaper and I just wish I had picked up a 510 dripper earlier on in my vaping career. So much easier to try flavors. I also learned a lot about air flow, coils, vapor and flavor production.

I've said it before, every single vaper should buy a 510 atty with their starter kit - dripping is so under-rated (and often not talked about a lot) now we have all these 'fancy' delivery devices that it seems to almost be forgotten when we are recommending new setups to new vapers.

Nice one Mike, glad you enjoyed your dripping.

degnr8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Aberdeen,WA,U.S.A
You don't even have to go down the RDA route to try dripping - a regular 510 will work just fine. I'm a relatively new vaper and I just wish I had picked up a 510 dripper earlier on in my vaping career. So much easier to try flavors. I also learned a lot about air flow, coils, vapor and flavor production.

I've said it before, every single vaper should buy a 510 atty with their starter kit - dripping is so under-rated (and often not talked about a lot) now we have all these 'fancy' delivery devices that it seems to almost be forgotten when we are recommending new setups to new vapers.

Nice one Mike, glad you enjoyed your dripping.
Four years in and I still drip on a 510.I am getting an RBA, but that's cause I like to tinker and want to be prepared for vapepocalypse. Being cheaper doesn't hurt either

Mike Sheda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Tampa, FL
Four years in and I still drip on a 510.I am getting an RBA, but that's cause I like to tinker and want to be prepared for vapepocalypse. Being cheaper doesn't hurt either

I thought about a 510, and might pick a few of those up later, but also wanted to look at an RBA. I got it more as an experiment than anything else. If I can play with this one, learn what I can with it, then I might go for what I think I want, a Z-atty, or a REO. But I wanted to try cheap first :) I have multimeters already, so just need some wire and wicking materials. (seem fairly cheap to pick up ).

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
I love dripping. I drip into a cheap 510 atty on my spinner. I love the taste of the juices and that I can switch flavors whenever I want. I will use an Evod when I go out of the house. I have not even used my ProTank yet. I am a dripper. Not mechanically inclned so I don't think I will do the RBA route, but never say never.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread