What am I doing wrong? Disgustingly harsh vapes..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catharlex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2012
Indiana, USA
1.What clearomizers do you recommend? At what resistance if I dont like my vape harsh (guessing I should avoid LR, since I got a twist)? And can you recommend any online sellers that have both good clearomizers and good vapes...all stores I tried seem to offer one or the other. (I know stardust and vivi nova seem to be popular, but I wanna save on shipping)

2. What e-juice stores sell good 80/20 PG/VG to 50/50 ones? all the popular e-juice suppliers seem to sell VG dominant juices for some reason, like AVE which only offer 100% to 90% VG.

1) I recommend these bad boys right here. The T2 Clearomizers. It's a great vape and a pretty good price IMO. It competes with my Vivi Nova, if that tells you anything.

2) I love the juices I received from Mt Baker Vapor. They have a default 80/20 PG/VG, but will do 50/50 and 20/80 as well. Also, for those whom are PG sensitive they will do 70/30 VG/Distilled Water. I strongly suggest getting their Ecto Cooler Juice. It's a wonderful citrus taste that takes me back to my childhood. Their prices are also out of this world.

Ekove

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2012
Miami
thank you everyone for your suggestions, I order T2, Vision and CE3 clearomizers to try them all as wel as some highbrow juice since it's PG/VG 80/20. I'll look through Mt baker after. Hopefully no more burnt bacon taste....my mouth still tastes horrible, I cant even believe people use these things, and I've ordered different brand from different sites...Cartomizers are horrible.

Ekove

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2012
Miami
I would surely try juicy vapor. They are completly customizable
with thier percentage ratios hell even a make your own juice with
customizable pg/vg ratio in 10% increments.

Ok that is a big catalog. Any recommendation? I like sweet/spicy/cinnamony flavors as well as tangy ones if they're cool and not harsh.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Ekove- I hope the clearos will work well for you. I've heard that they don't come with instructions for use tho, so you might want to read up on the many threads concerning proper filling, and how to modify/use them when they are giving dry or burnt hits.

Each one of the clearos that you mentioned probably has a different filling and usage style. Some of them you have to fill upside down, most require a syringe to fill.

Ekove

ECF Veteran
    Aug 9, 2012
    Miami
    I just got my clearos. Have not tried the stardust. Tried the CE3 with a cin-a-bun flavor, and it's pretty good and smooth, no problems or burn or anything, I just did not like the tiny rubber mouthpiece it comes with but it's an excellent cheap type of cartomizer compared to the 2 piece system and regular cartos I tried.

Then I decided to pop some boba's bounty in the T2...and my god is it EXCELLENT. Smooth, no burn, lots of smoke, flawless full flavor, no leaking...and a feature that I actually liked and didnt look for: doesnt make any noise! the noise of the CE3's bothered my gf.

So for now, Im gonna stock on T2 for my regular flavors (unless the stardust tops them), and buy CE3's for testing out new flavors since they're cheaper. Should I bother trying the vivi nova if I already like the T2 a lot?

Now all I need is finding my favorite flavors, so far boba's and hot cinnamon are. Though Im sure there are better cinnamons, excited to try the one by highbrow....maybe mixed with some vanilla? I just like the sharp, yet smooth, sweet hottness of hot cinnamon.

It's beyond me why carto's exist when clearos are available. Especially since the CE3's are disposable and cheap like cartos. I just wonder how long would a T2/stardust last without maintenance? I need to stockup before I go to the middle east.

Last edited:

Ekove

ECF Veteran
    Aug 9, 2012
    Miami
    Have you considered it is the atty? Dual or LR do not belong on the eGo.

What do you mean? I have to remove the atty from the eGo to attach the cartos. All of these products were labeled as eGo compatible, and many people claimed to use them with their eGos. Many websites even sell ego starter kits with boge or smoktech products.

But you might be right, they're not ideal for an ego. LR&DR might account for the harsh vapor. However I am positive that the source of the bad taste is the cartos themselves since dry burning them then soaking them in liquid for a long time reduces that significantly. However, it is a waste of time and e-juice you lose in the soaking process, when you can have full smooth flavor using cartos or even the regular ego tanks, which my only problem with is leaking and bad performance with 100% VG. If they did not leak and worked fine with VG liquid I'd stick to them.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 3, 2012
    California
    What do you mean? I have to remove the atty from the eGo to attach the cartos. All of these products were labeled as eGo compatible, and many people claimed to use them with their eGos. Many websites even sell ego starter kits with boge or smoktech products.

But you might be right, they're not ideal for an ego. LR&DR might account for the harsh vapor. However I am positive that the source of the bad taste is the cartos themselves since dry burning them then soaking them in liquid for a long time reduces that significantly. However, it is a waste of time and e-juice you lose in the soaking process, when you can have full smooth flavor using cartos or even the regular ego tanks, which my only problem with is leaking and bad performance with 100% VG. If they did not leak and worked fine with VG liquid I'd stick to them.

Read down this post to see why I say that:
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ego-type-models/304652-dual-single-coil-twist-2.html

There is no point to it. Many people have stated they get a burnt taste from using the LR's on their littel eGo.

mostapha

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 26, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    There's a lot of information here, so I'm just going to give the couple experiences I've had that seem relevant.

1 - I'm not buying cartos for a while. Bogegate (lnked above) seems to be a huge problem, and I've gotten similar(ish) things happening with SmokTech: they work okay (though muted), until all of a sudden they don't. Most of them flood, which wastes juice. Some just taste burned. And that's with them in tanks……they worked through the first 10 or so of them, but the last box sucks. I like my Vivi Nova a lot, but it takes a couple days to break them in, so keep that in mind if you switch. Smoktech isn't worth buying and boges are apparently still having some issues……which sucks because as people buy them less and less, vendors will go through the old (bad) stock less and even if boge fixed them……we may never see them reliably.

2 - That chart–if it's the same one people always post–is bogus. It's a fine place to start, but I always vape in the red. If you're getting burned flavor with an LR single coil carto on a twist, it's because it's not filled right or not feeding correctly. 4.8V will not burn a 1.7-2 ohm carto, and a twist won't (IMHO) drive an SR device well enough to bother with (maxed out is ~7.7 W).

vsummer1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 3, 2012
    California
    There's a lot of information here, so I'm just going to give the couple experiences I've had that seem relevant.

1 - I'm not buying cartos for a while. Bogegate (lnked above) seems to be a huge problem, and I've gotten similar(ish) things happening with SmokTech: they work okay (though muted), until all of a sudden they don't. Most of them flood, which wastes juice. Some just taste burned. And that's with them in tanks……they worked through the first 10 or so of them, but the last box sucks. I like my Vivi Nova a lot, but it takes a couple days to break them in, so keep that in mind if you switch. Smoktech isn't worth buying and boges are apparently still having some issues……which sucks because as people buy them less and less, vendors will go through the old (bad) stock less and even if boge fixed them……we may never see them reliably.

2 - That chart–if it's the same one people always post–is bogus. It's a fine place to start, but I always vape in the red. If you're getting burned flavor with an LR single coil carto on a twist, it's because it's not filled right or not feeding correctly. 4.8V will not burn a 1.7-2 ohm carto, and a twist won't (IMHO) drive an SR device well enough to bother with (maxed out is ~7.7 W).

Its just physics. If you want to burn your battery brighter and faster, and drawing more energy from the battery to get it to work ineffeciantly, and you don't mind replacing it sooner, then I say go for it! Whatever makes you happy. But if you burn them out and the attys taste like crap, at least now you will know why.

Ohms law is what the electricians use and they know more than I. The formula is E = I*R. E = battery voltage I = current in amps R = resistance in ohms. So if you know the voltage of the battery and the resistance of the coil, you can find out the current drain on the battery. Someone else was kind enough to do the math for us and put it in a nice chart. If you find that to be bogus, then fine. But others might want to know what the deal is.

Perhaps you should check that link, it looks like you are just chalking it up to the one everyone uses. Madvape does a nice job explaining it all. And they are in the business of selling you this stuff, so it really isn't in their best interest to tell us not to use something that will have to be replaced more quickly, yet they did.

Iffy

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Florida Suncoast
    Dual or LR do not belong on the eGo.

BS... LRs were designed for the 3.4-3.7V eGo systems!

Many people have stated they get a burnt taste from using the LR's on their littel eGo.

And even many more state that an LR on an eGo is the combo that got 'em off 'bakky! A burnt taste using an LR carto and an eGo batt means someone vaped a 'dry' carto!!!

Ekove

ECF Veteran
    Aug 9, 2012
    Miami
    I didnt smoke any dry cartos. I soaked both my boge and smoktech for 2 or 3 days, and wasted a lot of juice for that experiment. There was a slight improvement, but still nothing I'd enjoy vaping or that'd compare to the T2/CE3 or even the reg ego tanks.

The burnt bacon flavor comes from whatever material is used to coat the inside tube of these cartos since they smell like it out of the box. Maybe it's a bad coincidence that I got the same issue from 2 different brands that I bought from 2 different reliable vendors. And keep in mind, I did not even bother using the twist with these LR cartos and I just used the reg ego-c's I have or the twist at it's lowest voltage.

I'll assume that I just got bad batches, but will stick to clearos. I might order one LR (1.8) clearo just to know if LR has anything to do with this. Though I am convinced it's just the material in the cartos that bring out this burnt bacon flavor.

Salt&PePPer

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2012
    Bakersfield
    I can see where the Boges at LR on the eGos CAN do this! They do with me sometimes - and sometimes they get better.

You should get some Standard Resistance Boges and try them out. More than likely you are vaping at too high a Wattage and that is ONE of your problems.

Also, one of the Boges I got, the first one I used, was a Complete DUDE and gone bad. It too produced this SUPER DUPER Harsh taste. Have you tried all the BOGES yet because they can be all bad!!! The rest of the box of Boges I have were fine but they are a little on the raspy side almost producing Dry hits like the CE4s do when you pick them up first thing in the morning and you have to get them working right.

I'm using a genuine Joye eGo 900mAh Batt so essentially I'm using the same setup.

First thing is to order some Standard Resistant Cartos. Maybe like me you prefer a cooler hit and you will need to experiment with others Attys, Carto and what-nots to get a feel for what you like.

E-Cigs are very much a hobby like racing RC cards. You end up getting all these accesories or whatever to modify what you already have. You will get to know what you like and what your body will accept.

I'm getting ready to Throw these CE4s out the window do to the p!55 poor construction and the Dry Hitting which doesn't make it a good option for my father, for whom I bought the starter kit for -him and me that is-, who has to vape at night since we've taken his ANalogs away from him in an attempt to have him from burning down the house.

Salt&PePPer

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2012
    Bakersfield
    Or maybe not, I didn't read the entire thread. SOrry about all the hoops you are trying to jump through with these.

Please note that the Tank system isn't going to produce as good a taste for the juices than is possible.

Though I do suggest you try some of the standard resistance Cartos, especially if you're using a twist because you can always dial it in.

FL Lori

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 8, 2012
    Port St Lucie, Florida
    1.What clearomizers do you recommend? At what resistance if I dont like my vape harsh (guessing I should avoid LR, since I got a twist)? And can you recommend any online sellers that have both good clearomizers and good vapes...all stores I tried seem to offer one or the other. (I know stardust and vivi nova seem to be popular, but I wanna save on shipping)

I've got a good experience with CE3. Simple to use, sturdy and cool vape.
    I hope that helps:)[/QUOTE]

You are the first person I have ever seen refer to a cool vape. I do not like a warm vape. Any other suggestions besides ce3's? I do not like a warm vape and thts what I keep getting. I am using 3v on a 3.2ohm atty and it can still be too warm, depending on the juice. Thanks!!!!!! Lori

mostapha

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 26, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Its just physics.

Exactly. You're right that it was a different chart from the one I thought it was. And their values seem accurate.

The other chart is too conservative, IMO.

If my Twist will work up to its current limit, I'll use it up to its current limit. If it burns out faster than someone else's, it did so giving me a better vape than I would have gotten using it within your recommendations……so in other words, it didn't get thrown away for something better a few weeks in.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread