Status
Not open for further replies.

jasl90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
You'd definitely need to fire the mechanical switch to get any power to it...
I know Dave at Super-t is talking about as a future project but no clue how he's going to implement it.

Personally... I think a WAY better idea would be to create a fixed 4.8 volt boost module (same form factor as the Kick) that could do 8 amps.

That would grab every mech user out there... 4.8v... 0.6 ohms... 8 amps... 38.4 watts...
That's enough overkill to satisfy even the most hard core ULR users.

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
The beauty of a mechanical is the complete absence of electronics and yet after people buy them they want to turn them into a VV/VW...why not just buy a ProVari or Vamo or whatever? I don't run electronics in my mechs...not why I bought them.

I tried a new mod that uses a dna 20...I tried it at 16 watts and it about took my throat out with a 1.2 ohm coil...just buy a dna 20 mod and call it good.

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I love the purity of a mechanical that's tricked out for max output but I wouldn't mind a batt check and resistance readout on my vapes: Genesis aprox .9 to 1.0 Ohms
The beauty of a mechanical is the complete absence of electronics and yet after people buy them they want to turn them into a VV/VW...why not just buy a ProVari or Vamo or whatever? I don't run electronics in my mechs...not why I bought them.

I tried a new Mod that uses a DNA 20...I tried it at 16 watts and it about took my throat out with a 1.2 ohm coil...just buy a DNA 20 mod and call it good.
Wow... I use a 1.1 to 1.3 Ohms coil now and then and its fabulous...
Surely you joke about that t/h... 'cause a good setup gives you awesome vaping...
Actually I don't understand electronics and wouldn't know which VV/VW DNA Nivel Kick from Amps and how they fit in with sub 1.5 Ohms vaping.
I had a lot of trouble setting up my first good Genesis with Provari V2... I just sold it and went mechanical... but i was learning how to make a good coil so it certainly wasn't the Provari's fault alone...
. so there's a mid range that I'm sure electronic devices would really shine in...

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA

++++++++++++++++++++10 on that

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Uke - I was agreeing with statement that I only use all mechanical mods,, I dont put in thinks like kick, etc. I will edit the section on DNA20 - hehehe

ha i should have known D,
I'm so fickle ... but I've been crazy about Genesis atomizers lately and am acquiring mechanical mods for low resistance gen's ... hell, I almost got depressed thinking, ok, now a DNA 20watt electronic device... with all the trial and error that comes along... phewwy.

Still if someone dangled a possibility of a 20 watt VW device that would fit up with a good genesis atty... I'm a gonner.
After all, I spend a good amount of time figuring our resistance and batt charge etc... lots of trial and error there.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
thanks D, I'm on it, got my order in on VW....i automatically log in.... but i will have to check my pms there like manually since i cant reset my new email addy there, since i don't remember what the saved password is....
if i try to click "forgot password" it will send to the old email addy.... geez.
if i try to reset my email addy it asks for the old password, which i don't know...
Hey Uke - if your crazy for genisis like me - if I may suggest - turn your attention to the Titanium Hydra 2 by Art of Exhale. OUTSTANDING genisis. 130.00 US dollars shipped

Socalvapster

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Rosemead, California
This one's next.

Attachments

• 969834_270792976379073_1262218287_n.jpg
    969834_270792976379073_1262218287_n.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
If you mean " hits hard " as a great vape. OK socalvapster
But I was curious if you have it set up for 6 volts with no regulating of the voltage. ( 2- 13650 / 3.7 volt batteries )
Cause I know my 1st set up, THE BOMB, hit hard. Not pleasant and burned out many coils till I learned wh th f I was doin, LOL.
Vape On

Last edited:

Richard75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Pennsylvania
Not to be a VHO fanboy (but I am), the Cronus is the best mod I've ever owned. Their Titan mod is also advertised as having zero voltage drop, or damn near close to it. The Cronus is SS, and it hits HARD. I couldn't imagine the same setup on an aluminum mod (which the Titan is), but I can only assume it would be ever better. They're also pretty readily available, but they're definitely not the cheapest mods on the market.

I've also been a longtime fan of the Galileo mod, but I confess it became a mod I enjoyed looking at more than using (and this I blame on my Cronus). It was just recently released in a stainless steel version; and yes, I snatched one up. ;)

But so far my Cronus and Helios have been a vape heaven combination. I almost feel bad when I vape cheaper juices with them. haha

Socalvapster

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Rosemead, California
If you mean " hits hard " as a great vape. OK socalvapster
But I was curious if you have it set up for 6 volts with no regulating of the voltage. ( 2- 13650 / 3.7 volt batteries )
Cause I know my 1st set up, THE BOMB, hit hard. Not pleasant and burned out many coils till I learned wh th f I was doin, LOL.
Vape On
I only run a single 18650 High Drain IMR type battery but together with a dual coil 2-3 wrap at .3 ohms using 3mm Eckowool does't burn too easy as long as it stays wet and produces plumes of vapor and flavor. Here's another pic with a Pheonix clone I heat treated with a mini torch to match the brass car exhuast tip style wide mouth drip tip I got today:
null_zps56356911.jpg
null_zpsc08aace7.jpg

The throw on that looks too long.
The throw is adjustable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread