The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What battery should I get? (I know I asked this but I had to post it again as I left things out.)

Discussion in 'APV and Mods Discussion' started by rammstein, Jul 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rammstein

rammstein Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2014
    Green Bay, USA
    I am looking for a sub-ohm battery with the following specifications:

1.)
    It MUST have 75W-100W of power at the very least.

2.)
    I also want it to have the normal kind of connector for the tank (forget what it's technical name is).

3.)
    I want long battery life.

4.)
    I would like it to have a long lifespan.

By the way, Thanks to everyone that took the time out of their day to read this, I hope you can help me. :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. GOMuniEsq

GOMuniEsq Self-Proclaimed Member ECF Veteran

Aug 25, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    You're the guy who calls a mod a battery, right? The Aegis Legend fulfills all of these criteria.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. HigherStateD

HigherStateD Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Anything not made by Smok

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved this from General E-Liquid Discussion to APV and Mods Discussion

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Don29palms

Don29palms Moved On ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    None of this makes any sense.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  6. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I have a theory. i think he’s using the wrong words. I think he’s calling a mod a “battery”. If you replace the word “mod” for “battery” in the OP, the thing suddenly makes more sense.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I think you mean “mod” not “battery”. A battery is what goes inside of a mod and may or may not be removable.

1.) what wattage do you want to actually vape at?

2.) it’s called a 510 connector

3.) then you want a dual battery mod

4.) as differentiated from #3? I’m guessing you want a removable battery mod then.

So what I’m getting from this is you want a dual battery removable battery mod with good reliability. Is that correct?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ace80s

Ace80s Senior Member

Jul 24, 2019
    Haha.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. GOMuniEsq

GOMuniEsq Self-Proclaimed Member ECF Veteran

Aug 25, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    You know, @rammstein, for a guy who claims to be an American resident and a college student, you seem to have a lot of difficulty with basic concepts. Your entire posting history is full of threads like this and it causes a lot of unnecessary confusion.
    Perhaps instead of throwing away an entire thread full of helpful advice you could be specific about what crucial piece of information you missed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Ace80s

Ace80s Senior Member

Jul 24, 2019
    Mod, not battery as already explained. 510 as already explained. There are a million variables for battery life but a dual battery mod is most likely the way to go. As far as lasting a long time, there are companies that are more know for having good quality control which is huge. Do some research. As far as durability which can also fall into this catagory, I just picked up a Rincoe Mechman 228w (which has all your needs) and it took the worse fall any of my mods have even dreamed of taking and didn't get a scratch. I was surprised. Just my experience though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ace80s

Ace80s Senior Member

Jul 24, 2019
    I agree based on my research.

• Like Like x 2
  12. stols001

stols001 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2017
    Get a legend. It meets your criteria.

I hope you aren't an English major, are you?

In any case, a legend is durable, with the right batteries INSERTED into it should provide you with the sub0hm vaping experience you desire.

Just... get that. Unless you want to do TC vaping in which case you may want something else, because well, you would then have to decide whether super accurate TC is worth like, extra cost and less durability.

But you mentioned wattage levels so I really think the Legend is probably one of the best you can do.

Anna

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  13. HigherStateD

I dunno, mesa thinks OP might have a mighty needsa to study's that English...

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. stols001

May 30, 2017
    No, he'd get crucified. LOL at the right college.

One time, I wrote a paper a bit, well, :censored: and I did not proof as I should have. I got an A (I was an English and Philosophy major) but I also got the scathing comment, "For an English major your comprehension of grammar is surprisingly poor." LOL, and that was a PHILOSOPHY teacher.

I loved my scathing profs at Swarthmore. Better times.

Anyway, ignore all the above GET a LEGEND.

Anna

15. HigherStateD

Great story.
    I'd imagine the English profs, if you could call them that, at a community college wouldn't be quite so snooty.

Swarthmore, PA?

And yes, get a legend.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. stols001

May 30, 2017
    Swarthmore PA back when it was the #1 liberal arts college in the country. My siblings all went to like, Yale, and Brown but I couldn't see the Ivies for me. I had the best time :) I mean, my degrees qualified me to be a secretary but I did really well there. I am an official member of Phi Beta Kappa which is like this really not useful sort of "we are smart but we can still call ourselves weird things." LOL. I don't believe I ever went to an event.

When I called my parents to tell them I graduated double distinction in both my majors and PBK, they both said the same thing (separate phone calls) "You have exciting news OMG, are you PREGNANT?"

They were such jerks, LOL. My dad was like, "It's not that I didn't think you could, I just figured you wouldn't BOTHER."

I swear.

I was pregnant like 1. 2 years later and I kind of blame my parents, that sort of "internal programing parents do." Like, "My parents will only be excited if I get pregnant!" Type of deal.

But, since it sort of saved my life, I try not to be too resentful. LOL.;
    Anna

• Love Love x 1
  17. HigherStateD

Yeah, I didn't bother. Did time at DCCC and Pa institute of tech... Both spitting distance from Swarthmore. It's sad, actually. I was 3 credits away from an associate at PIT, and if I could aggregate everything, I'd be a half semester from a bachelors. My dad taught at VU though, and pushed me to school before I was ready. It soured me on the whole thing.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    There is also no such thing as a sub-ohm battery, internal or external.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. AngeNZ

AngeNZ Lunatic ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Geekvape Aegis Solo 100w kit
    or
    Vandyvape jackaroo kit

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. muth

muth Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    I love you, Don:thumb: Thx for getting a chuckle out of me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.