The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What do we do with our eCigs without coils?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Craig2021, Mar 20, 2021.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Craig2021

Craig2021 Full Member

Mar 19, 2021
    What are we all supposed to do with our eCigs if we can't buy coils? I have several Innokin eCigs, do I just throw them away if I can't get coils through some mail service?

I did read a poll on Mt. Baker Vapor that was asking their customers if they would pay an extra $20-$25 for shipping, and it was about 50/50. So, maybe there is a way they are considering for shipping.

My local vape shop does not carry Innokin coils.

I guess Congress wants many of us to just go back to smoking.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Puff2K

Puff2K Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2015
    USA
    This is so upsetting. I don't know if the local vape shop is even carrying anything anymore.

Sent from my Nokia C2 Tennen using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. GeorgeS

GeorgeS Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    One of the many reasons that most/many of us switched to rebuildables.

Personally, I can't recall the last time I purchased a premade coil.

g.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  4. Vandal

Vandal Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2009
    Heart of Virginia
    I spoke with the owner of my local vape shop. He offered to try to order whatever I might need after the mail ban goes into effect. I would expect him to add to the price for his profit, but I can live with that if I'm in dire straits, lol. Maybe check some of your local vape shops and see if they would be agreeable to a similar arrangement. Otherwise, you will have to stock up. You have only a week at best before online shops stop shipping.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Myrany

Myrany Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 14, 2013
    Louisiana
    You could do a google search and see if anyone has come up with a way to rebuild the coils for your device. Some can be and some can't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. UncleJunkle

UncleJunkle Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
    Here are your options...

1) try to rebuild the spent factory coils
    2) look to see if the tank has an RBA (rebuildable coil head) available for it and buy that (and buy as many as you can afford).
    3) sell the tank (probably not worth the hassle)
    4) throw the tank away or save it for parts.

The solution for USA vapers to avoid this problem is to...

1) only use rebuildabes
    2) buy a lifetime supply of factory coils
    3) a combination of both 1 and 2

It's pretty much almost too late to come to this realization, though.

Yes

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
    What tank(s) are you talking about anyway?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. NCC

NCC Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    An option for which the door is rapidly closing...stock up big time. I have about 200 coils for one tank family, and 200 for another, plus 8-10 rebuildables. The availability of wire and wicking won't be affected. Not sure about ready made coils. But, although I frankly suck at making coils, I'm sure I'll be motivated to learn if I outlive my supply of 400 coils. They last a lot longer if you vape unflavored, which is my mainstay.

Yes, the powers that be absolutely would prefer you smoke cigarettes.

• Like Like x 2
  9. 440BB

440BB Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    You have the opportunity right now to research online shops for your particular coils and buy them. Consider it an investment while shipping is cheap and get a couple years worth.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Falconeer

Falconeer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

In the perilous state American Vapers find themselves, if there is yet time all I can suggest is to buy up any squonking kits you can still lay hands on plus Kanthal wire and all the nic liquid you can source or afford to sit things out as long as you can.

In the UK I am aware that the useless WHO is starting to make noises about what they call "open source devices" which means anything you can refill, so I have done just that since Christmas.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  11. Craig2021

Craig2021 Full Member

Mar 19, 2021
    Innokin 1.6ohm BVC Coil and Innokin Endura prism T18/T22

• Like Like x 1
  12. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
    As far as the BVC tank, can you post a link to that one so I can see exactly which one it is?

As for the Prism, there's no RBA for that and from what I remember about those coil heads good luck rebuilding that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Craig2021

Craig2021 Full Member

Mar 19, 2021
  14. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
    Oh, I see, you were naming the coil for the Prism tank. That's different from the first endura kit. You'll have to look around however that endura came out at a time when people who would use such a kit would never want to rebuild so I doubt there is a youtube video. 99% of the coil rebuilding videos are of old coil heads back in the day when stuff was harder to come by. good luck with it.

• Like Like x 3
  15. ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice ThenOnceMore ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Inter-Between
    I've been following that. Supposedly there is a meeting coming up in Glasgow to discuss the WHO (not the Who we all knew and loved ;)) recommendation. So far 30 nations have some form of vaping ban in place. I can see more following WHO recommendations, especially the EU nations. Hopefully the UK tells WHO to stick their recommendation where the moon doesn't shine.

• Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  16. ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice ThenOnceMore ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Inter-Between
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
    @Craig2021 WOW are you in luck!

Found a rebuild video. I think this is the coil you have?

Whether or not you can or want to do it is another thing, but...

EDITED TO ADD: Sorry, this video merely shows you how to disassemble the coil head for rebuilding, not how to actually rebuild it. :(

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. john1211

john1211 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2013
    Troy, NY
    innokin z coils are almost deplefed in most on line stores because on vape mail ban, will be hard to locate them in usa

20. Spydro

Spydro Sindoyen Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2013
    nowhither
    I know next to nothing about Innokin coil heads themselves, never uised them. Bbt I was going to suggest similar to what UJ posted... rebuild them yourself. Way back when I first got into vaping I bought a bunch of tootle puffer gear not knowing that it would be useless for my vaping style with their 2.5, 2.2, etc ohm coil heads and limited air flow. It was a RPITA, but I rebuilt the coil heads to get them down under 1.0 ohm. he lack of air for MTL still made them useless for me though. Most of that gear used Kanger coil heads (Protanks, EVOD's, T3's, etc)... but they were rebuildable with good light, strong eyes and a steady hand.

• Like Like x 2