followup re doc's opinions of ecigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

hgielm1

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2009
Maryland, U.S.A.
Is there anywhere on this forum where a poll has been taken of the opinions folks have gotten from their doctors regarding ecigs? If not, maybe we could do one. If lots of us have gotten "thumbs up" from our docs, that could reinforce our case and could be used for publicity for ecigs. Again, I'm especially interested in what docs are saying about long term use of PG. I'm almost afraid to ask my doc - if he says anything negative regarding ecigs, then it's back to analogs for me. I just have this fear - what if the ecigs could kill us more quickly than analogs? I know - I'm being paranoid.

JrdUK

Moved On
Jun 6, 2009
UK
smoking20.info
Is there anywhere on this forum where a poll has been taken of the opinions folks have gotten from their doctors regarding ecigs? If not, maybe we could do one. If lots of us have gotten "thumbs up" from our docs, that could reinforce our case and could be used for publicity for ecigs. Again, I'm especially interested in what docs are saying about long term use of PG. I'm almost afraid to ask my doc - if he says anything negative regarding ecigs, then it's back to analogs for me. I just have this fear - what if the ecigs could kill us more quickly than analogs? I know - I'm being paranoid.

Your going to die one day anyway, at least you can breathe better without tar clogged lungs :D

Tori

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
South Texas USA
I did not tell my dr I was vaping as I do not care to hear his opinion on it. I've done the research myself on the ingredients in my liquid and I feel in comparison to analogs which contain thousands of known carcinogens and the amount of smoking related diseases I am 110% better off vaping! I simply told my dr I am no longer smoking but I am replacing my nicotine.... he was happy to hear it.

titanflyer

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Charlotte, NC
I told my doctor by bringing my 510 into my last appointment and showing her what it is and how it worked. I showed her the TW bottle of juice which has the ingredients on it and she was not concerned about any of it except nicotine. Her comment was that it seemed "WAY" better then smoking, but as a doctor she couldn't tell me that it was safer since there was no reports or long term testing blahblahblah... but, she said nicotine is still bad and is actually considered a cancer causing agent. When I asked her if i should go back to smoking she laughed... her attitude was that this was the way to go, and if I could eventually get off the nicotine then it would be almost perfect.

I think you would have a hard time finding any doctor that would promote analogs over this, but remember that they are liable for their discussions and advice with you, and there is a severe lack of any real documentation on the effects of vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread