What do we do with our eCigs without coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    If an RBA short circuits, can the coil be adjusted or replaced & the RBA used again or is it dead for good?

Sorry if that's a dumb question.

Yes, if there's a short in the system, it's the coil that needs replacing, not the entire unit.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    If an RBA short circuits, can the coil be adjusted or replaced & the RBA used again or is it dead for good?

When you rebuild a rebuildable atomizer you know right off the bat if it's shorted or not. An ohm meter for coils also serves as a base for building coils, so you know right away if it's done right or shorted.

Use an ohm reader like the ones at this link.
    The Best Ohm Readers For Vaping | Coil Building Tools - Vaping Hardware

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

Yes, an RBA section is a rebuildable coil head. So it's rebuildable :D It's basically a removable RTA deck that takes the place of the factory coil.

MLEJ

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 14, 2020
    Yes, if there's a short in the system, it's the coil that needs replacing, not the entire unit.
    Yes, an RBA section is a rebuildable coil head. So it's rebuildable :D It's basically a removable RTA deck that takes the place of the factory coil.
    Oh, good. i REALLY don't want to have to spend any more stocking up. Thank you both!

When you rebuild a rebuildable atomizer you know right off the bat if it's shorted or not. An ohm meter for coils also serves as a base for building coils, so you know right away if it's done right or shorted.

Use an ohm reader like the ones at this link.
    The Best Ohm Readers For Vaping | Coil Building Tools - Vaping Hardware
    Thank you. i have a little Ohm reader & it said the RBA was fine. It was for a little while -- 10 puffs maybe -- but then the mod said "atomizer short" & wouldn't fire. ??? i'll try again when i have the nerve, now that i know the RBA itself isn't necessarily garbage.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Thank you. i have a little Ohm reader & it said the RBA was fine. It was for a little while -- 10 puffs maybe -- but then the mod said "atomizer short" & wouldn't fire. ??? i'll try again when i have the nerve, now that i know the RBA itself isn't necessarily garbage.

I have had that happen on RTAs and RBA sections when the coil legs get either gunked up or the screws come loose (the screws that trap the coil legs). Don't ask me how the screws get loos, but it happens.

You could also have a dirty 510 connection on the mod and/or dirty 510 on the tank.

Of course, your mod might also be failing. Always a possibility.

Best thing to do is to just clean everything up and recoil and rewick, then see what happens.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Innokin 1.6ohm BVC Coil and Innokin Endura prism T18/T22
    Do you mean the zenith/z coil? There’s a thread on the zenith tank/ coils here on ECF. I’m afraid no one had much luck in recoiling them. Have you tried the Innokin USA store? Shipping is $3, and rather prompt.

Reactions: aikanae1

Archane

ECF Veteran
    Oct 16, 2016
    I'm so glad i got into rda's and rdta's and building coils now. I didn't realize how much money you can save not having to every buy prebuilt coils at all. Also now with this vape mail ban i will still be able to get wire whenever i need it so no worries. I do really feel for all those with tanks though that enjoy their vape and will not be able to get those coils anymore. I know there are some really great tanks out there since i have tried quite a few but now that i discovered how amazing flavor is with rda's there is no going back for me. I wish everyone with tanks they enjoy the best of luck in finding some vendor that can supply them with the coils they need.

• Agree
    Reactions: Diver9543
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread