Status
Not open for further replies.

Traijan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
USA
Hi,
I'm looking to try to duplicate (maybe even enhance)a product named Mata Leao (salted caramel). It's made by Jiu Jit Sauce (I think that's the mfg).

I want to make my own so that I can get a stronger flavor as with their product I only sometimes taste the salted caramel, other times it's simply nothing there.

So what do you use to provide the salty taste to a DIY liquid?

Thanks

Traijan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
USA
Thanks for the links. I suppose if I buy one already as a salted caramel then it's just drop and drip, i.e. mix the amounts of nic, pg, vg and amount of drops of the flavoring?

What if I want to go the route of making my own so that I can vary the amounts of caramel and salt, how do you get the salted part of it? Is that the acetoin in the salted caramel that produces the saltiness?

bonniegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2009
South Jersey USA
I use saline without preservative...available at all pharmacies. I have also used kosher sea salt boiled in bottled water.

when I posted this the first time there was a huge argumentarive discussion re"clogging coils"

My coils are fine, thank you very much and I don't' care about your arguments against it. I am an RN, I have been doing it 4 plus years., I like it, It makes all my sweets pop and lifts bakery flavors, it is used in all nebulizer treatments in hospital, I am old as dirt and don't give a whoot who don't like it or believe it,
Amen

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I am old as dirt and don't give a whoot who don't like it or believe it,
Amen

I love your attitude. Us old as dirt folks have lived long enough to know better and deserve to "not give a woot":)

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
If I were you, I would go with Caramel (Original) by TFA and some Saline Solution from the pharmacy.

ETA: @sonicbomb Yes, the salt will likely be left behind. However, when we are dealing with a 10% Saline Solution, mixed at 1% in some juice... The final mixture comes out to 0.1% Salt. Very minuscule. We also get into some pretty complicated solutions when mixing our juices and that may have an effect on how much is actually left behind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread