What does a Mod offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malarky

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2013
Nibiru (Planet X)
So I have been vaping for a little over 4 months now. Was a smoker for 20 years and stopped cold turkey when I picked up my first vaporizer. I am currently running a vision spinner and a vivi nova with a Ming SS drip tip and I love it. Lasts me all day and the flavor, vapor and throat hit are perfect. So my question is, what are the benefits of running some of these $50-$200 mods? I would love to have a provari seeing as it is top of the line but no way in hell am I spending $150 on one. The Vamo V2 is one I have been looking at for days now but can not see the benefit of dropping more money on a mod when the spinner is doing so well. If anyone could take the time to explain the benefits of a mod over a vv ego type bat it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 31

Scot Thomas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Harlingen, TX
Just a more customizable vape.
You're already into that with your spinner, the bigger mods offer a wider range, better battery life, better options.
If you're happy with what you have, there's no reason to actually upgrade.

Caveat: 150 on a provari would be the very best investment ever made. Best PV ever IMO.

aPandaz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2013
Walnut, CA
If you're happy with your current setup I don't see a reason for you to upgrade. If you like variable voltage the Provari is the best most readily available mod you can get. I would disagree at it being the best mod out there. After being introduced to RBAs and mechanical mods at one of my local shops I immediately switched over. My preference is a mechanical with a sub ohm RBA or RDA. IMO it's a superior vape to other setups I've tried.

With a mechanical there are no electronics to break. With an RBA the performance is going to be determined on how you set it up. Once you learn how to set them up it's easy and actually costs less than buying cartomizers or replacement heads. You don't have to buy a high end mechanical and RBA to get a satisfying vape...some cheap clones can be found for under $50 and the RSST RBA, which is user friendly, is around $30.

Scot Thomas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Harlingen, TX
Cool, thanks guys. The Vamo has an ohm meter built in correct? Really want to rebuild my own heads for my nova so I am thinking that if the Vamo has an ohm reader I will probably pick one up.

Yes the Vamo will read ohms. I think you hold the power up or down for a few seconds and boom ohms. For the money the Vamo has all the options.

like Eratikmind said. Mods are just cars with better accessory packages. the Vamo is like a smartcar with leather bucket seats, a 6 disc changer, sun roof, and sport tires.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
In my case I grabbed the vamo for a couple of reasons.

1. I live in a hurricane zone. Being without power for potentially DAYS is a very real fact of life. A big battery mod lets me charge multiple batteries before the storm so I can last out the power outage without analogs.

2. I was really interested in the variable wattage option. I find I love it btw since I change out juice devices alot I don't have to mess with settings near so much. Yeah I am a plug and play sorta gal.

3. The price point. $200 for a Provari just was not in the budget. $50 for a vamo was doable.

Deacon Aegis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2013
Marietta, GA
www.aegissteamcraft.com
Indeed, if you have them set up to work the same, you can generally get the same flavor out of the great variety of mods. Black and silver, will however give you distinctly different vaping experiences. Some attempt the rare and oft not spoken about tie-dyed variety of skins on their PV's, and then you have the camouflaged versions as well, which are hard to spot and kinda give a distinct beef-jerky edge to your otherwise spicey or fruity-flavored vape.... It is most complex, indeed. Personally, I find that playing the Pokevape game is what makes things so fun... gotta get 'em all, gotta get 'em all.... mwahahaha /insanity off :D

Last edited:

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Indeed, if you have them set up to work the same, you can generally get the same flavor out of the great variety of mods. Black and silver, will however give you distinctly different vaping experiences. Some attempt the rare and oft not spoken about tie-dyed variety of skins on their PV's, and then you have the camouflaged versions as well, which are hard to spot and kinda give a distinct beef-jerky edge to your otherwise spicey or fruity-flavored vape.... It is most complex, indeed. Personally, I find that playing the Pokevape game is what makes things so fun... gotta get 'em all, gotta get 'em all.... mwahahaha /insanity off :D

hmmmmm being a gamer I have been considering having a symbol of the HORDE or Sauron's eye JWrap made for my Vamo. Might be interesting to see what those do to flavor. ;)

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
In my case I grabbed the vamo for a couple of reasons.

1. I live in a hurricane zone. Being without power for potentially DAYS is a very real fact of life. A big battery mod lets me charge multiple batteries before the storm so I can last out the power outage without analogs.

2. I was really interested in the variable wattage option. I find I love it btw since I change out juice devices alot I don't have to mess with settings near so much. Yeah I am a plug and play sorta gal.

3. The price point. $200 for a Provari just was not in the budget. $50 for a vamo was doable.

SHOUT OUT FROM NEW ORLEANS!

you are definitely right to keep some backups batteries lol..for isaac i was a charging nut...but it paid off ...our power was out for 3 days but it had more than enough to get keep the wife and i vaping

if you have some egos you can also look into buying large battery backups like 8200 mah...will charge several egos when the power goes out

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Proprietary batteries (e-cig and eGo):

* Less expensive initially, but have a limited battery life (approximately 250 charges) and then will need to be replaced. Depending upon the mAh (expected battery usage between charges), multiple devices will be needed to last an entire day. Not as durable as a mod, but are lighter in weight and easier to carry about.

Because of their narrow diameter, less options for juice delivery devices that offer larger capacity.

Mods (tube or box mods):

Heavier construction makes these more expensive initially to purchase, but their durability ensures they should last a LONG time. Use replaceable, rechargeable batteries that have a 1 year lifetime, and which are much less expensive to replace than an entire eGo battery. A mod might use a battery that can last all day; smaller mods need only a spare battery carried in a purse or pocket to ensure all day use.

Due to their larger size, some of these might not be pocket-friendly, and are noticeably heavier in weight compared to an e-cig or eGo.

More options available for juice delivery devices. Larger capacity juice devices can be used for longer times between refills. Telescopic mods or mods with battery extension caps offer the ability to use different size batteries.

Last edited:

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
SHOUT OUT FROM NEW ORLEANS!

you are definitely right to keep some backups batteries lol..for isaac i was a charging nut...but it paid off ...our power was out for 3 days but it had more than enough to get keep the wife and i vaping

if you have some egos you can also look into buying large battery backups like 8200 mah...will charge several egos when the power goes out

For my ego's I actually picked up a solar USB charger off Amazon. It was easy to justify to the hubby since it will also do our cell phones and his iPad. Thing is though it is slow. Big batteries seemed the more elegant solution.

Malarky

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2013
Nibiru (Planet X)
I have a 1300mah spinner and I sit at work all day and pretty much chain vape, then I go home and chain vape all night. Plug it in to charge before I go to bed. I have never had it die on me. If it did I have a 650mah twist as backup. Still thinking I want a mod though just to have one. Should I wait to see the new toys comming out or just drop the $150 on a Provari...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread