rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
@Tauki
Can't argue with any of that. But see it from my point of view. I'm a pro website manager and I'm hired to manage this site and improve it. I don't have time for anything else. When I came here I saw loads of kiddies squabbling. Does that interest me? Of course not.

Now, it takes two to tango so I figure that things might have happened here that shouldn't have. I have no way of knowing and to be honest I don't care. Whatever I say or do will be wrong in the eyes of those who feel they have a grievance (and that's on both sides by the way).

I would love to be able to start again from Day 1 but how can I make that happen? Three or four times a week there is a small, medium or sometimes massive attack from people who are identified as being associated with a certain source.

Then one day the Greeks come bearing a gift. Ask yourself - what do I do? Accept it with open arms? Jeez I'd have to be a mug. Somewhere buried in it is a trap. Why else continually attack someone then give them a gift or ask for assistance or talk about some project? Makes no sense at all. Especially as the attacks continue all the time we're thinking about it.

So let's say for example that an auction and a research project are the genuine article. So what? If someone is stabbing me with one hand and asking for help with the other, what do you seriously think I am going to say?

All I can say is, if the attacks stop, let's start again. I couldn't care less about anything else, I am not part of any faction or whatever, just a working stiff. Stop kicking me in the nuts all the time, and show me you mean what you say - that's my reply to those people.

Not directed at you of course Tauki, just the kiddies. But if somebody can't control them, we have no future talking or cooperating.

It seems to me that some people there don't know what's going on. OK that could well be the case, maybe there are a hard core of troublemakers over there who operate without the rest of the members knowing. But there is, and always has been, while I've been here, a continual stream of attackers from over there. They are identified so easily, it's not as if they are stealth experts.

What's the point of discussing anything in the middle of an artillery barrage?

It's a very simple request: stop kicking me in the nuts and we'll start over. What is it they don't understand about that?

As far as I can see you are being used, all this protest is just a smokescreen to cover the fact they will never stop. You can guess the reasons why - it's a blood feud. I don't want any part of it.

@RSL
Fair enough. I've said my part and I hope you can see my point of view. Please believe me when I say there is a stream of attacks that are easily connected to that source. And as I said to Tauki, you should beware of being used, some people will never give up.

For me there is no problem and no issue - shut down the troublemakers and we can work together. Nothing more to be said.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
"well allow me to retort" :D(sorry.. Pulp Fiction joke)

if things are "being recorded" from "there" then

1) you are aware that i am an admin "there"
2) you know that i have done what i CAN within the limits of my personal beliefs (the forum's rules only happen to jibe with said beliefs) to ATTEMPT to put a stop to any and all "attacks"
3) you know also... that i have made numerous comments "there" that i find "forum wars" to be childish and stupid

that said and out of the way

when the first thread about the auction was deleted... yes.. i openly asked as to why.. this actually had nothing to do with "there".. this had to do with my curiousity as to why ecf would seemingly not care about helping to save our rights to vape.. and yes... i "questioningly" stated it in a semi-accusatory manner.. my apologies for the wording.. i excepted my infraction like a good little boy and was done...

i sent SJ a pm about making a try at attempting to fix "the rift" temporarily simply to get what needs to be done.. done.. i got no response.. that's ok though.. as afterward i had been informed that it was YOU i needed to reach out to over this issue.. at which point i sent you an email explaining my position and requesting dialog.. again.. no response...

if you will note... i have been extending the hand... and have been ignored at every turn... YES.. one of this forums management team's LEAST favorite vapers has the absolute be all end all say in the end as to "our" side of things.. but i can guarantee you that i have both the influence and position to officially state that management "there" simply wants what is best for the community at large, and that, recently, the management team has expanded to multiple members who want nothing to do with the drama involved in a "war"

so again i offer my services towards that goal... i have no animosities towards anybody here on your team... and i'm rather well respected over there on mine.. if you would like... i would be HAPPY to be a go between for open dialog to squelch the childishness inherent in the curent status quo if both sides are unwilling orr unable to say what is needed to be said without animosities... as for my credentials... i may be a dirty fighter sometimes.. but i keep a cool head.. you can feel free to ask around

again.. thank you for your time

Hey Tauki, how about this? A little while back, I was approached by a 'higher up' at VF and good friend of Spikey's and asked if it was okay to advertise the auction here. After conferring with SJ, he, for his own reasons said that would not be allowed. I did pass that info on.

Next thing I see is Spikey telling your members to go out and post about the auction on all the forums they belong to. Did she just neglect to mention that SJ did not want it on ECF? So all those people came over here and got warnings or infractions because she failed to divulge that little detail. And if you knew who it was that asked, you would know that Spikey knew that when she urged your members to take that action. That kool-aid flows both ways, doesn't it?

I have seen you try to spread some peace over there but by the same token, why it is when someone says 'Think I'll go post xyz over at ECF....let's see if I get banned'....if people really want forum peace, then why don't they jump on people like that? Or when they say 'I'm going over to make some more identities'....or 'here's proxy servers to make multiple identities'....or disposable email addresses, etc......why aren't these people, let's say, strongly discouraged if you all are looking for peace?

We are not the ones furthering this war, but we most certainly will react to those coming over here just to disrupt and break the rules. Then they go back and cry and it's made to look like we are the ones creating the problem when all we are doing is protecing ECF from all that.

And contrary to popular belief over there, MOST people do not like to be called names and insulted at the whim of members who see that as the only way to express themselves when they are upset. We don't allow it here.....so why keep trying to make SJ's forum run the same way VF is? It's never going to happen....accept it, stay on and play by the rules....or move on.

As Roly said...it's simple really. But you people keep trying to ram your rules down our throats. Do we go to your forum and do that? Point is...we don't want to....because we don't care what you do over there....only what you do here. So when your members say you'll get banned over here for what you say over there.....that is far from the truth. Instead, it goes like this. 'I'm going over to ECF to post xyz, let's see if I get banned over there.' YES!!! When you come over here and post xyz knowing it is not acceptable here, you are going to be banned! Not because of what you said there but because of what you did here. It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

OK, I've said enough (for now) but this 'war' is never going to end until your members show respect for this forum's rules....and abide by them while you are here. But if you think condoning/encouraging/allowing members to say how they are going to attack ECF without any attmept to prevent that, then the war is never going to end because we will just get more ticked off at their antics here and nothing will ever be resolved that way.

Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread