It has been a while since I used something Kanger:
134.jpg

Cheers
I

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
I still use my 2 year old Nebox every day- still the easiest mod for me to take on the go. coils are cheap and easy to get as well as a good rba, holds 10 ml of liquid and an 18650 battery.
I have had very little leaking with mine, usually when it is time to change the coil. I do keep it on its side when not using, helps it not to leak.
I have 2 more of these Neboxes in my stash, but haven't used them yet as the 1st one takes a beating and keeps on vaping!

• Love
Reactions: Letitia

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
Kanger (along with a LOT of other manufacturers) started trying to compete in the 'bling' market - bringing out products that they thought showed innovation but in reality were just shiny, light-up (or plain stupid) versions of mediocre quality devices.
The market for devices like these is tiny compared with the market available for a no nonsense, hassle free, leak-free and reliable kit.
The first Chinese company to actively consider and utilise quality over quantity will dominate. Still waiting for that to happen....
In my opinion.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I still have a bunch of PT2's and keep a couple of them running daily. Easy to use and easy to fill. Never leak. Every few months I rebuild my bag full of heads. They were my first tanks and they work fine.

Now if I can just track down a Win 95 driver for my floppy drive and get the computer running right.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I think Kanger is a good Example of what happens in Many New Markets.

It becomes a Major Force early because it comes out with a Superior Product while the Market still has Limited competition.

It becomes a Dominate Force by Improving on what it and its Competition makes.

It starts to lose Dominance with a Few Missteps and as More and More OEM's enter a "Flavor of the Week" market.

It becomes a Sideline Player because there aren't really any "Game Changer" New Products left. And It gets Relegated to the Annals of History with a name that has become "Old School".

I think the Vid was Cool. Kinda a walk down Memory Lane. But I think it Glazed over a Huge Contribution that Kanger was responsible for. And that was the Mainstreaming of Squonking with the release of the DripBox.

Although Kanger didn't reap a huge share of the Rewards in the Squonk Market. IMO, they should get Credit for brining Squonking out of a Niche Market.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Still fire up my stm once in a while.

I've got a whole drawer Full of RTA's that Don't hit as well as Sub/TopTank Mini's. And still use TopTank mini with a STM v1 RBA section most of the time with my On-the-Go Mods.

Not the Best RTA I have. But a Solid Performer. And I have a Ton of spare parts for it when I drop it.

Last edited:

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
The STM and the Subox lit the forum up like a christmas tree when they were released.
The STM was my first RTA, though I started by rebuilding the factory heads. I recommended the Subox kit to at four people who got off the cigs using them.
I bought the Dripbox 1, hated it and PIFd it a week later.
I had high hopes for Dripbox 2 (80 watt regulated), but serious issues with it put me off.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Does anybody remember the color code for drop in coils for the STM?
I'm setting up a new vaper with one of my tanks, and have a bag of coils I've never used.
I believe the red ring is Kanthal.
The blue ring is Ni200 ?
The white ring SS ?
I quit buying the STM head before the SS ones were released. Still have about 50+ spares, but they are all the original square shaped coils with the horizontal coil.

Back then, I remember red/white were the same thing. They started out one color and newer coils of the nichrome had the other color. Then yes, the blue ones are Ni200.

Maybe they did use the red/white to signify something different later on, but I've got nichrome coils (original horizontals) that are both red and white.

Would be interesting if the red/white meant something different once they released the SS, etc.

I may have to pull out the STM and fire it up next time I go somewhere on vacation. Nice tank to travel with becuase it's simple, doesn't leak, and easy to maintain. Hate having to take building supplies with me.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I still have some of the STM in rotation, especially when I travel. Only tank that I have that does not leak, lasts a long time between coil change/rewicking and is just dependable. Great flavor and vapor. If it works why change it? Really can't say that about any of the other tanks I own even tho I am putting up with the leaking from some of them while trying different methods and building coils.

:)

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
The Protank was the first commercially successful bottom coil glass clearomizer. You can get sub-ohm and plus-ohm tanks with or without glass, but I don't think there's been a successful tank since the Protank that doesn't have the heating element at the bottom.

The Protank with "stubby" coils could be leaky, especially with high PG content juices. That design issue was addressed with the PTII and its taller coils. those were interchangeable with coils for the Evod and MT3S 1.6ml tanks.

I'm like @Letitia in that the Subtank Mini is the tank that helped me quit smoking. Mt. Baker put them on clearance at $14 in Spring 2017, a sale that lasted until July. I loaded up.

I still have a couple of Protank II's. And a couple STMs. And a couple of TTMs. They don't get used much but I still have a bunch of coils for them, just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread