What "I" think does NOT matter much

Status
Not open for further replies.

MurphysMuse

Verified Member
May 16, 2012
Waterman, IL. USA
I see SO many posts and threads about watts vs volts, mods vs mods, tanks vs tanks, low vs high, this vs that... REALLY???

WHO CARES what I "THINK" is best??? WHO CARES what some silly chart says should be "best".

What counts, is YOUR EXPERIENCE in vapeing, and staying the heck off of analogs.

If you like a carto, and 3.2 volts. SWEET!!! that's great, and there is NOTHING wrong with that! If you like 15 watts and dripping a high end mod! FANTASTIC!!! There is nothing wrong with that either!!!

Find YOUR sweet spot. Find YOUR favorite device. Find YOUR awesome juice, and vape away.

Enjoy your experience! It don't matter in the long run what another says sucks, OR is the best thing since sliced bread! If YOU are enjoying things, ENJOY it!!!

Don't worry what some 'guru' or "chart", says. Listen to your own body and taste buds.

solace.discord

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
Southern Maine
while I agree with you to an extent, people come looking for advice from people who have experience with things that they do not- when I got my first VV mod, it was helpful to have a chart and read through the suggestions of others to give myself a starting point.. and then find my own sweet spot.

it does depend on the user.. the juice.. the delivery method.. but we all need a starting line, and personally, I am thankful for the charts and posts.

SABOTEUR

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Baltimore MD USA
You make a good point. It's very easy to become snobbish on the subject of electronic cigarettes and what's best. In my occasional e-cig discussions with users I've met, I find myself consciously refraining from saying anything negative about whatever their choice is. Good to be reminded that whatever works for the individual is an excellent choice.

MurphysMuse

Verified Member
May 16, 2012
Waterman, IL. USA
while I agree with you to an extent, people come looking for advice from people who have experience with things that they do not- when I got my first VV mod, it was helpful to have a chart and read through the suggestions of others to give myself a starting point.. and then find my own sweet spot.

it does depend on the user.. the juice.. the delivery method.. but we all need a starting line, and personally, I am thankful for the charts and posts.

I guess I should have added it is/may be a good idea for a 'starting' point, or basis of reference.

But I keep reading posts about "this chart says xx and it tastes burnt, why" along with the next sentence being I "like it here".

Well, if you like 3.2 volts on a 3 ohm dual coil. Who cares if it's only 3.4 watts. If it floats your boat, sail with it.

For quite a while I got into the thinking about 'why' so many were cranking up the volts, on such low ohm stuff. Drove me nuts for a while that I never 'could get the juice tasting anything but burnt' that high.

Finally I just got to the point where it was "so what"!

I'm finding my sweet spot is right around 3.7volts, into 2.0 ohms. It works - for ME.

Just trying to say the 'charts and such' are not indisputable laws, when it comes to vapeing and enjoyment.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I guess I should have added it is/may be a good idea for a 'starting' point, or basis of reference.

But I keep reading posts about "this chart says xx and it tastes burnt, why" along with the next sentence being I "like it here".

Well, if you like 3.2 volts on a 3 ohm dual coil. Who cares if it's only 3.4 watts. If it floats your boat, sail with it.

For quite a while I got into the thinking about 'why' so many were cranking up the volts, on such low ohm stuff. Drove me nuts for a while that I never 'could get the juice tasting anything but burnt' that high.

Finally I just got to the point where it was "so what"!

I'm finding my sweet spot is right around 3.7volts, into 2.0 ohms. It works - for ME.

Just trying to say the 'charts and such' are not indisputable laws, when it comes to vapeing and enjoyment.

I vape around 3.3-3.4. :laugh: doesn't matter what the coil reads. I like the cooler vape and anything higher just is too hot or burnt tasting to me. ;)

JudeD

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
PA
I agree with you and I think (hope) most members know that there is no one perfect vape that suits all vapers, no one perfect PV, no one perfect juice, etc. It's all trial and error to find your individual sweet spot. With the exception of a few who believe that they have the one be-all, end-all PV or juice or delivery system and believe that all others are garbage (you know who you are), I think hearing what works for others and having the charts and videos is very helpful. I think you would find the same thing on a lot of other forums (car forums, computer forums, etc.). People join to share their experiences and discuss models, performance, flaws, and on and on. That, and making friends, is why most of us are here. :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The charts are meant to be a general guideline.

I've never understood why people use low resistance attys at high voltage, either. I prefer a cooler vape experience, I don't need the experience of a torch in my throat or lungs. I've also never understood why some people prefer using a sub- 1 ohm coil on a mechanical mod for the same reasons.

Then again, there are many who refuse to admit that a Provari is the best variable voltage mod regardless of price. :p

pmg1944

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Cruces, NM USA
As someone fairly new to vaping I got overwhelmed at first trying to figure out why I couldn't vape X juice on X tank at X ohm at X watt or volt .. then finally hit what MurphyMuse point is don't matter what others are saying is best or what chart says should be the perfect setting I found my sweet spot and just vape away !!!

mare ze dotes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
WI/Boston
When I first started to learn about vaping I had to rely on the opinions of others because I had none of my own. Yet I recognized that they were opinions. I thought, as I went through all the posts that if I could gather myself a general concensus as In what opinion do most people have in common. I would just consider my self average and made it a starting point. And yes I like this site! :2c:

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Yup... we all pretty much agree that taste is subjective and add that to comments on juices but I don't see that statement made when people start discussing setups. Not only that but the juices themselves taste/feel different at different voltages. Actually, its not the vaper alone finding a sweet spot but the vaper plus the juice with the juice itself being the predominant factor. I have noticed that top reviewers like some at Spinfuel usually don't vape over 3.7 for their reviews. They also tend to use an appropriate corresponding resistance on their juice container.. usually around 2.0-2.4. There's a reason for that I'm sure. I would also imagine that most mixologists do their own testing on that voltage during the creative process. So I don't think its unreasonable to recommend starting there to a noob along with a clear explanation that they can always go up or down from there as the juice or their draw preference demands but it IS a good starting point.

Last edited:

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
It does seem that the forum has been somewhat dominated by the RBA fad/trend, as well as the classifieds. I've had the opportunity to sample a variety of RBA setups, and most often my friends will caution me "hold it this way, with the hole here, to get a good hit". I like to put my vape in my pocket, pull it out and vape it without much effort and without leaks.

I just saw a thread where a relatively new user was interested in a mechanical mod, and the responses were mostly - "that's mainly used for RBA and SLR". I must be outside of the ECF "mainstream" as I just like to drip a 510 atty on mine or use clearos. Buying replaceable heads at $.50 a pop on a co-op is the most exciting delivery system development I've seen in the last year.

One of the vaping community's most knowledgeable members, who also hosts an informative vaping show, prefers a 3 ohm Boge carto on a 3.7 volt mechanical mod. He loves the flavor and simplicity.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
When I first started to learn about vaping I had to rely on the opinions of others because I had none of my own. Yet I recognized that they were opinions. I thought, as I went through all the posts that if I could gather myself a general concensus as In what opinion do most people have in common.

I agree with this.

If I hadn't gone looking for recommendations and reading some forums, I'd still be using hopeless vaping kit and not enjoying it very much.
These days, I'm not swayed much by opinion, but I am by trends developing on forums with negative reviews on vaping gear.

When it come to juice, I take no notice anymore.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Most of the posts I've read regarding juice are, as mentioned, pretty much aware of the totally subjective nature of taste.

The power charts are, usually, suggested as a tool for finding a range of values that won't blow out a coil, short a battery and such, and are usually emphasized as a starting point. (I usually suggest "start low and work up until you get the vape you like...")

But it seems to me that the hardware suggestions often omit any consideration of what the questioner's ultimate goal is.

No doubt the Provari is an excellent piece of hardware, well made, great warranty. And if someone is going to turn vaping into a life long hobby, no doubt an excellent choice.

But perhaps new vapers are still uncertain of those goals, or their goal (heck, maybe mine!) is to use vaping as a transition from burning tobacco, to vaping, to zero nic, to not vaping. If that's the case, does a $300 piece of hardware make sense? Maybe "better" for that person to go to, say, a Vamo, or even Spinners. Sure, fixed battery devices may be false economy "in the long run", but if the person doesn't see vaping as a way of life, but rather a tool to quit completely, might not cheaper up front be a better choice for them? So if they do decide to stop, they're not out a ton of $$$?

And then I see posts about people with "killer" setups - who leave them at home, and take a Spinner and Evod on the road. So what's the point of that? If I have gear that lets me vape my brains out for two days without a refill or a recharge, why would I leave it at home?? Oh! It's expensive! Dare not damage it! Oh, it's too big to carry around!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread