Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
So why don't some of us old-timers reminisce a little bit about how it used to be....

--I remember when new members would be struggling constantly trying to find the path to a satisfying vape
--I remember when the 510 came on the scene, with a somewhat lower resistance atomizer, and new vapers started having increased success
--I remember when 510 cartridge mods were all the rage, as folks kept trying to find a good way to continue getting those consistently good vapes
--I remember when the KR808D came on the scene, and cartomizers started pushing new vaper success rates even higher
--I remember the ensuing 510 vs KR808D wars
--I remember the Boge Cartomizers for the 510 models that may well have turned the tide towards 510 models
--I remember when low-resistance (LR) atomizers came on the scene and the ability to vary your "power" became a reality
--I remember the FDA court case, and the formation of CASAA from members on this very forum
--I remember when CASAA started working closely with long-time harm-reduction advocates, thus giving long-time THR advocates new life and consumer backing
--I remember when the Chuck came out with custom graphics
--I remember the Chuck vs Silver Bullet wars
--I remember when the Reo mods came out, and took dripping to a whole new level
--I remember when Egos came out and new vaper success started to skyrocket
--I remember the Buzz, which if I remember correctly, started the variable voltage revolution
--I remember when the Provari came out and started the variable voltage wars
--I remember when the Nhaler came out with the Darwin and started the variable wattage vs variable voltage wars

And I look at that the New Members sub-forum these days, and find very few struggling at first vape anymore.
Success, now, is nearly guaranteed.

That's progress.
:)

What do you all remember?

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I've only been here since May.

I remember all of the great help and advice I got here just a few months ago, and how all y'all took a newb to confident intermediate in a matter of weeks.

I agree. The beachhead is established and there's no pushing us off now.

Anti Nicotine and Tobacco Nazis, it's only a matter of time, now.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
- cursed cartridges (Satan's spawn)
- blue foam
- tea bags
- homemade syringe tanks
- bonuts
- carto rejuvenation battles
- carto punch evolution

Today, I truly believe that the only person that can't quit 'bakky with current available equipment/jooses is one that doesn't want to quit!!!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I'd love to hear stories from the veterans about how they found out about vaping way back when vaping was brand new and practically unheard of. How did you all even find out about it? And what were the juices like back then? Has there been an evolution in juice as well?
I don't know how far back you have to go to find lack of good juice.
There was good juice over four years ago when I started.

These are the one I remember...
--Tasty Vapor
--Ms T's Bakery
--Puresmoker
--Nhaler
--Halo
--Janty
--MyFreedomSmokes

I know there were others that many swore by back then.
And maybe we'll hear about some of them in coming posts on this thread.
:)

These are the only real "evolutions" of juice that I can see since then...
--Naturally Extracted Tobaccos (NETS)
--Whole Tobacco Alkaloid juice (WTA)

Reactions: David Wolf

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
- homemade syringe tanks
Darn, I was going to say something about that but forgot...

--I remember when the Zero Filler Mod made people start thinking about delivery systems without wicking material
--I remember when the first "clearomizers" were being developed by people using modified syringes

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'd love to hear stories from the veterans about how they found out about vaping way back when vaping was brand new and practically unheard of. ...

Yeah... You Kids have it Easy today.

Back when I started, you had to Walk Up Hill, Both ways, in the Snow, to get to the store to buy a Pyramide Teabag so you could spend an Hour making Cart Fillings for Carts that held 9 Drops.

Now you have all these New Fangled Tanks on Mods that have More mAh than my 1st PCC did.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I remember the Wet Box.
I remember Halo's marketing before they sold their first bottle.
I remember a tutorial on rebuilding Joye 510 atomizers. (And thinking my fingers would never be small enough to attempt that.)
I don't remember throwing my fillerless mod'ed cart's away, but I have no idea where they are, but I can find a sheet of pretreated blue foam pretty quickly.
I remember having a pocket full of standard 510 batteries on me and a PCC to make it through the day. Then the joy of when the Mega 510 was released. (Were the Mega's really 300 mAh?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread