I remember back in the day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Remember back in the day before they figured out wicks and coils how we would put some e-liquid into a teapot, set it on the wood burning stove and then sucked the vapor from it? Yeah, we ended up with burnt lips that made us look like we had a horrible STD that made us the pariah of the neighborhood but at least we weren't smoking so we walked tall.

vaping1886style_zps9b01ae5c.jpg

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    @tj99959 I had to look that one up:

ca·tarrh
    kəˈtär/
    noun
    1. excessive discharge or buildup of mucus in the nose or throat, associated with inflammation of the mucous membrane.

And back in 86 (that's 1886) these devices were powered by the coal burning stove in the parlor.

HooP OoteD?

ECF Veteran
    Apr 12, 2012
    Nashville Tn
    I remember when I was lucky enough to win one of the first available Billet Box's engraved with Bill Murray and a quote saying "back off man, I'm a scientist". It is one of my prized possessions. With the hit-or-miss hardware available these days, it makes me appreciate the craftsmanship of the B.B. I have yet to find another mod that has the same quality and durability. I give all credit to the Billet Box for saying goodbye to my last cigarette almost 7 years ago

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I remember when I was lucky enough to win one of the first available Billet Box's engraved with Bill Murray and a quote saying "back off man, I'm a scientist". It is one of my prized possessions. With the hit-or-miss hardware available these days, it makes me appreciate the craftsmanship of the B.B. I have yet to find another mod that has the same quality and durability. I give all credit to the Billet Box for saying goodbye to my last cigarette almost 7 years ago

Funny, I don't own a BB, but it's only about a 15-20 minute walk to go watch them being made.
    I'll give credit where credit is due though, they're a quality product that is easy to use.

Ben85

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 16, 2014
    Kent, UK
    I enjoy seeing other's BB's but never had the urge to pick one up. Intrigues me tho.

I have wanted a BB since I started. I have been hunting for a Rev3a for quite a while now but no one wants to give them up. This makes me sad...

beckdg

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 1, 2013
    TN
    I remember back in the day when @beckdg was hanging out with us here on the ECF while piloting his big rig down the road. Haven't heard from him in a while and kinda miss his unique sense of humor. :( I hope all is well with him.

Ah Ha, looks like I just haven't been lookin' in all the right places. I see he has been hangin' out in the tootle puffers thread :D
    All is well. Thank you dear.

Spoiled the kiddos again for Christmas of course.

Among other things they got a 70" 4k tv, Xbox 1X, 2 new puppies (Duke and Duchess) and the ability to keep the floors clean without sweeping or vacuuming care of a Roomba.

I remember back in the day you had to force most things to work and everybody thought I was going to die from my vaping style.
    cadae7d30861e2952746998715017a26.jpg
    ff5efecaec23d82abeeb21b935f7e97a.jpg
    a54d1e836b2bb6781cb29907ceb0b683.jpg

Guns don't kill people, virgins do! -Jim Jeffries

mattiem

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    All is well. Thank you dear.

Spoiled the kiddos again for Christmas of course.

Among other things they got a 70" 4k tv, Xbox 1X, 2 new puppies (Duke and Duchess) and the ability to keep the floors clean without sweeping or vacuuming care of a Roomba.

I remember back in the day you had to force most things to work and everybody thought I was going to die from my vaping style.
    cadae7d30861e2952746998715017a26.jpg
    ff5efecaec23d82abeeb21b935f7e97a.jpg
    a54d1e836b2bb6781cb29907ceb0b683.jpg

It is fantastic to hear from you my friend. Sounds like Christmas was a good one on the @beckdg homestead. The big screen is fantastic and I know the kids (both young and older) will love the games and the roomba will help clean up after the best gift of all...those adorable puppies :wub:

I remember back in the day one needed to get down on hands and knees to properly clean a floor. After buying myself a new 21st century broom and mop with a surprise gift of cash I no longer have to do that. A hoover cordless vacuum and a Bissell Crosswave make caring for the floors a breeze. I can't believe that I waited so long to abandon my old fashioned broom and mop. It took me longer to switch over to them than it did to switch over to the 21st century way to smoke. As the old Virginia Slim ad used to say "We've come a long way baby" and I love it.....

beckdg

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 1, 2013
    TN
    Hey Beck, Merry Christmas to you My Friend!
    Merry Christmas and happy New Year to you and the ECF family.
    It is fantastic to hear from you my friend. Sounds like Christmas was a good one on the @beckdg homestead. The big screen is fantastic and I know the kids (both young and older) will love the games and the roomba will help clean up after the best gift of all...those adorable puppies :wub:

I remember back in the day one needed to get down on hands and knees to properly clean a floor. After buying myself a new 21st century broom and mop with a surprise gift of cash I no longer have to do that. A hoover cordless vacuum and a Bissell Crosswave make caring for the floors a breeze. I can't believe that I waited so long to abandon my old fashioned broom and mop. It took me longer to switch over to them than it did to switch over to the 21st century way to smoke. As the old Virginia Slim ad used to say "We've come a long way baby" and I love it.....
    I hear you.

For mopping we use a pump sprayer to wet the floor...
    A shop broom or siding brush to scrub it...
    And basically a massive swiffer with reusable pads Rubbermaid makes for mopping up.

Then finish with a towel dry.

Do walls the same way.

For vacuuming we have a shark handheld with all the attachments so it can be used as an upright.

Before the Roomba we swept with a shop broom to get larger areas and finished off with a traditional broom and butler or dustpan.

I'm seriously considering the Braava 380T to help with upkeep between puppy accidents.

We've had Max since he was 6 weeks old so he's trained.

And trained pretty well considering his age and stubbornness.

But Duke and Duchess were almost 5 months old and untrained when we got them I think Thursday before Christmas.

They've learned to walk to the door and do a circle since then.

They just haven't grasped the concept of speaking for attention or waiting for someone.

It's basically a drive by request where they don't even stop.

But it's progress!

Either way, she's basically a stay at home single mom of 3 stubborn children and 3 semi to untrained puppies.

So I think the Braava will go a long way to helping maintain cleanliness by way of cutting chores, mind clutter (feeling overwhelmed) and that sense of living somewhere nice that helps motivate ones self to keep it that way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread