What I/We learned from recent legislative news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Equality 7-2521

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
oakland ca.
Good post navigator......but I think it's gone a little beyond that.The reason totalitarians could never get a hold in the republics, was, because they couldn't persuade the people totalitarinisim was a good idea....the people were pretty happy with the republics and capitalisim as those things had really improved their lot in life.in the 1930's the totalitarians the facist and the communists saw their chance when the depression collapsed the economies of the west, people were scared and desperate...like you pointed out they wanted to minimize their risk to pain, and so the sacrifice of their freedom they saw as a willing price to pay.The facist and the communists were fighting over europe.Italy was facist,Spain,Germany...Britian had a large facist party...hell even Henry Ford supported facisim,,,perhaps to be expected.The communists had shut down Russia and ugly stories of mass murder were leaking out.

I feel we are in a similar time as the 1930's because the economic disasters, the ability for the media to blitz us with fear mongering, and the sophistican of our propoganda.I am afraid the totalitarians once again are rising,to seduce people to sacrfice their freedom for the promises of security.Since our population has been so dumbed down I fear they don't recognize the danger.Or remember the horrors and failures of the totalitarians

Last edited:

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
You are absolute bang on correct. After the revolution in 1917, Russia didn’t become totalitarian instantly, rather it took some time. The U.S. is a tough nut; however, you have to boil the frog more slowly. Don’t come out as a totalitarian, instead appear sympathetic, caring, and supportive. It’s all for the children, or we want to make sure everyone is healthy, or we must ensure that everyone is safe. But that’s the nature of seduction, right? And, it is very important that the younger generations don’t remember the real truth, and that they don’t acquire the reasoning skill to figure out what going on around them and how it ties in with the past.

Just this morning, my 7th-grade son remarked that he thought it was a good thing that the NSA was tapping into everyone’s computers and phone calls, because they are the government and they are supposed to keep us safe. As my jaw hit my lap, he then asked me to remind him what “NSA” stands for. Keep in mind that he’s getting all As and Bs in his courses, so it’s not lack of intelligence, it’s what he’s being taught in school. Needless to say, we had a discussion about what individual liberty actually used to mean.

Equality 7-2521

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
oakland ca.
remember those newsreel clip of hitler in the 30's where all the little children are gathered around him, giving him boquets of flowers and he's pinching their cheeks......freaking Mr.Rodgers neighborhood.Even he'd look good with a ggts

Yeah, I constantly point out to my daughter that she is attending a state run school, the real learning comes later.It makes her bristle..i realize she doesn't want to be singled out at this point in her life.
You are absolute bang on correct. After the revolution in 1917, Russia didn’t become totalitarian instantly, rather it took some time. The U.S. is a tough nut; however, you have to boil the frog more slowly. Don’t come out as a totalitarian, instead appear sympathetic, caring, and supportive. It’s all for the children, or we want to make sure everyone is healthy, or we must ensure that everyone is safe. But that’s the nature of seduction, right? And, it is very important that the younger generations don’t remember the real truth, and that they don’t acquire the reasoning skill to figure out what going on around them and how it ties in with the past.

Just this morning, my 7th-grade son remarked that he thought it was a good thing that the NSA was tapping into everyone’s computers and phone calls, because they are the government and they are supposed to keep us safe. As my jaw hit my lap, he then asked me to remind him what “NSA” stands for. Keep in mind that he’s getting all As and Bs in his courses, so it’s not lack of intelligence, it’s what he’s being taught in school. Needless to say, we had a discussion about what individual liberty actually used to mean.

Last edited:

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
Oh, yes, I do remember, indeed. It was all by design--all of the psychological principles were already in existence and well understood at that time. It is curious that a lot of middle schoolers have a strange desire to know more about the Hitler. I wonder why they don't want to know more about Stalin?

Equality 7-2521

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
oakland ca.
Stalin isn't radical chic. now che that's a different story he's tres sexy.he'd look good with a provari
Oh, yes, I do remember, indeed. It was all by design--all of the psychological principles were already in existence and well understood at that time. It is curious that a lot of middle schoolers have a strange desire to know more about the Hitler. I wonder why they don't want to know more about Stalin?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread