What if

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaperer

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2017
What would you do if vaping became illegal. Would you return to smoking cigarettes. Or would you dip or chew tobacco? I'm just curious what you would do if you could no longer vape?.
. Thanks in advance
I'm calculating my Alternatives should this turn South. I'm hoping to vape peacefully for the rest of my life but I am concerned with the latest shenanigans with anti Vape undertones. Just curious what you would do

Reactions: stols001

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I would vape off whatever suppies I had left (in private if need be) and when i did eventually run out (or if forced to stop) I would live my life tobacco and vape free. I will never go back to tobacco for any reason. They had their hooks in me for 20 years, not doing that again.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I know how to DIY or make my own e-liquid. Pg, vg, and flavoring agents will always be available. Concentrated liquid nicotine may become illegal, but my current nic level is between 3 - 6 mg. Although I'd miss the nicotine, most of my addiction is behavioral and not so much physical. As long as I can vape flavors or unflavored e-liquid, I'll be good.

I have nearly a dozen mods (regulated and unregulated). 18650 IMR batteries should always be available. I have several different juice attachments, including RDA's. I know how to make my own coils, and the wire needed should always be available. I'll be good.

I will never go back to smoking or start chewing. I'll most likely be vaping until I leave this life.

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I had started a similar thread last year and received similiar answers. I really wanted to know what people would do if vaping couldn't be done anymore, period , but most answers were like black market or diy, no nic or you can't stop me, etc which was kind of skirting around what I really wanted to know. I then kind of re wrote thread to , "what would you do if it were all of a sudden impossible to vape , period" ? Anyways I'm not sure what answers your looking for specifically, maybe you are looking for what people would do if vape gear just wasn't sold or became illegal. Myself, I would just do nothing as I know 100 percent I would not go back to smoking
What would you do if vaping became illegal. Would you return to smoking cigarettes. Or would you dip or chew tobacco? I'm just curious what you would do if you could no longer Vape?.
. Thanks in advance
I'm calculating my Alternatives should this turn South. I'm hoping to vape peacefully for the rest of my life but I am concerned with the latest shenanigans with anti Vape undertones. Just curious what you would do

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
I would use up the supplies and then start chewing pencils for as long as my teeth hold out.
Or maybe try and take over the world or something. Crush the enemies, see them driven before me, and listen to the lamentation of their women! y'know, that kinda stuff.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I would not return to analog cigs. That I can say with certainty.

I could never imagine it getting so bad (in the USA) that it would be outlawed and people arrested if caught vaping but if it did .... I would still vape likely in the privacy of my home or other safe places.

Although I do not have as many stockpiles as some of the other members here I do have ample wire, cotton, extra RTA tanks and extra older mod boxes as well as drop-in-coils that I believe could outlast me.

Guess I should get some nic to freeze.

In a pinch, I'd vape VG steeped with vanilla beans. Actually tried it once thinned with distilled water and it was pretty good.

It is highly doubtful I would stop vaping.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
I would live my life tobacco and vape free. I will never go back to tobacco for any reason. They had their hooks in me for 20 years, not doing that again.

I will never go back to smoking or start chewing.

l would NOT go back to cigarettes, but may quit vaping. Or order on the "black market".

I'm committed to never smoking again. I would either quit all together, which is the more than likely outcome or make my own liquid.

Myself, I would just do nothing as I know 100 percent I would not go back to smoking

I would not return to analog cigs. That I can say with certainty.

Im with these guys. Tobacco isnt an option.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
What would you do if vaping became illegal.
As I am fully stocked for the rest of my life, I would ignore the law and vape on.

I then kind of re wrote thread to , "what would you do if it were all of a sudden impossible to vape , period"
I don't see how such a scenario is probable. OK, we could have something that takes down the electrical grid, but if it stayed down for any length of time, there would be more far more pressing things that needed to be dealt with, such as obtaining potable water and food....

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I know it's not possible, just a hypothetical question
As I am fully stocked for the rest of my life, I would ignore the law and vape on.

I don't see how such a scenario is probably. OK, we could have something that takes down the electrical grid, but if it stayed down for any length of time, there would be more far more pressing things that needed to be dealt with, such as obtaining potable water and food....

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
"what would you do if it were all of a sudden impossible to vape , period" ?

What I am saying with my "Good luck stopping me." post is that I know too much for vaping to ever become impossible. I know how to mix my own juices and roll my own coils. I know where and how to harvest batteries from other sources. I have the knowledge to build my own RDA and my own mod...from SCRATCH, I could most likely grow my own tobacco and extract the nic myself if it really came down to it. A full end to end DIY solution might not look as pretty or be as pure as production quality store bought stuff, but I could do it if I had to.

The ONLY ways vaping would become completely impossible for me, is if EVERYTHING electric or battery powered stopped working, I lost both of my arms, or I get severe dementia. In those cases there will be a lot bigger worries than where I will get my nic fix from. Even if I lose my arms though, I could still probably walk someone else through doing things for me. So yeah, I will say it again: "Good luck stopping me."

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
If the act became illegal I'm set to not care what the law says for quite a while. It wouldn't be the first time I've ignored bad laws and probably won't be the last the way things are going.

If I couldn't vape I'm not opposed to smoking cigarettes. I have about 4lbs of pipe tobacco. I'm willing to use snus if that's available, I already use it in places where I can't vape like hospitals. I'm sure I would get nicotine (besides my stash) from something. But cigarettes would probably make me feel a lot better out of all the choices so that's always an option if I'm pushed that far.

If you're talking Mad Max or zombie apocalypse impossible to vape I would probably end up killing myself without meds or cigarettes. If I can't charge a battery I surely can't get the right meds for long. And I'm thinking I've reached the end of the time where cigarettes can work as my only treatment. Even with other stuff something will eventually go wrong and if it's not deadly on its own the pain would be unbearable and it's not going to fix itself without modern technology.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
I know how to DIY or make my own e-liquid. Pg, vg, and flavoring agents will always be available. Concentrated liquid nicotine may become illegal, but my current nic level is between 3 - 6 mg. Although I'd miss the nicotine, most of my addiction is behavioral and not so much physical. As long as I can vape flavors or unflavored e-liquid, I'll be good.

I have nearly a dozen mods (regulated and unregulated). 18650 IMR batteries should always be available. I have several different juice attachments, including RDA's. I know how to make my own coils, and the wire needed should always be available. I'll be good.

I will never go back to smoking or start chewing.

I just grabbed a Joyetech Batpack to use as a stealth device. It uses AA batteries. Go ahead, try to make AA batteries illegal. Meanwhile I'll be whipping up a 0.50 Ohm RTA to put on the thing.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I just grabbed a Joyetech Batpack to use as a stealth device. It uses AA batteries. Go ahead, try to make AA batteries illegal. Meanwhile I'll be whipping up a 0.50 Ohm RTA to put on the thing.
So, what is the amp rating of a AA battery? How will you know it is safe to use with a 0.5 ohm atomizer?

I'm not so sure how wise this would be, because AA batteries are a different chemistry from the li-ion batteries we typically use for vaping and probably have a vastly different (ie. lower) current rating. @Mooch?

Last edited:

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I had started a similar thread last year and received similiar answers. I really wanted to know what people would do if vaping couldn't be done anymore, period , but most answers were like black market or diy, no nic or you can't stop me, etc which was kind of skirting around what I really wanted to know. I then kind of re wrote thread to , "what would you do if it were all of a sudden impossible to vape , period" ? Anyways I'm not sure what answers your looking for specifically, maybe you are looking for what people would do if vape gear just wasn't sold or became illegal. Myself, I would just do nothing as I know 100 percent I would not go back to smoking

What do you expect people to say? If vaping couldn't be done period there has to be a reason. Laws don't have to be followed. Any apocalyptic reason would also have cigarettes gone (funny how movies always have cigarette paper still being made and tobacco still grown when society is in total collapse, it wasn't that long ago pipes where what people smoked which is much more likely even if it was stuff other than tobacco like dung). So if vaping couldn't be done period the answer is not vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread