What if

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
what if someone had opened a thread and called it reformed smokers and asked this, how many are now disgusted from cigarette smoke since vaping? And has this disgust made it impossible to ever go back to smoking? I know some still like the smell of smoke, while others do find it offensive, for me personally, something has definitely happened because I almost become physically sick from the smell and know for sure I couldn't go back to smoking.

The OP said illegal.

The way that question is worded I can answer. I'm free to choose. I don't want to smoke and on the meds I'm on I don't have to smoke. The same with nicotine. I wouldn't want to but I could probably go without vaping and stay away from cigarettes, at least until I flare. Not vaping and no nicotine during a flare and all bets are off, I've gone back to smoking out of the blue on long enough quits, and I've had cravings out of the blue while vaping and being alert to having a disease that I think without vaping there is a good possibility the quit could end. I hope the medications keep that time a long way off, but I'm going to keep on vaping because I don't know when those cravings could happen.

I can drop to 0mg without a problem. When Dr's told me no nicotine for cervical fusion 3 months I dropped a few days before surgery and stayed off the 3 months. As was my original plan before I found out nicotine helped me I started getting bored with vaping.

Last edited:

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
Well @vapdivrr , I will once again apologize and merely state I was answering questions that you asked. But, I wasn't upset then nor am I now, nor was I offended at you calling my argument childish, etc. I was merely answering the questions that you asked. I don't really feel that I need to do more than what I did above, and am doing now, it's a philosophical statement and there was certainly no offense on my part, and if you are offended, I apologize. I tend to answer questions that are asked of me and more often than not (especially these days) honestly.

But once again, it was not my intent to offend you with my dislike of hypothetical scenarios. I do dislike them, and you asked me why, so I answered. If it's a good thing for you and others, that's perfectly fine with me. Etc

So, I apologize if you felt it was Much Ado Over Nothing.

Anan

Anna, My respect for your (IMO) unnecessary apology. Your statement that you dislike hypothetical scenarios,
which I also respect, leads me to ask whether as a writer your work is strictly non fiction... ( ;)
Aren't hypothetical scenarios the gist of non fiction novels and such?

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
No it's non fiction although any non fiction writer should embellish IMO if you want a good yarn.

Although, after doing that, I have firmly pledged to write fiction only, if I ever write another book. I think at the beginning I said the place FOR hypothetical scenarios is in movies, books etc. LOL.

I actually thought the waking up vague and hazy vape memories with no vape equipment would make a decent Black Mirror episode. LOL.

Anna

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Why did you marry the Marquis?
Mrs dS - Beats me
marquis.jpg

Yes, that's a dark corner of that bookshelf, .... paisley

Last edited:

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
…Mrs dS - Beats me
View attachment 757181
Yes, that's a dark corner of that bookshelf. .... paisley

Tragic. My once mate used to beat me with her wet mane. Thick and half her height. She loved an exposed backside. It got your attention.

I couldn't sleep for a week after reading The Willows as a youngster. Imagination is a wonderful thing.

Good luck. :)

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
...I couldn't sleep for a week after reading The Willows as a youngster. Imagination is a wonderful thing.
I never heard of it before but if it was HP's favorite I'll hunt it down.
One February night when I was a teenager everything had a purple haze and the tall oaks behind my parents' house were breathing. Black Sabbath, Nilsson Schmilsson & Alice Cooper sounded purple and my Spaghetti-O's smelled & tasted purple.
Nothing was scary and the trees were mesmerizing :cool:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Makes me want to go out in the pastures , amongst the cows
I never heard of it before but if it was HP's favorite I'll hunt it down.
One February night when I was a teenager everything had a purple haze and the tall oaks behind my parents' house were breathing. Black Sabbath, Nilsson Schmilsson & Alice Cooper sounded purple and my Spaghetti-O's smelled & tasted purple.
Nothing was scary and the trees were mesmerizing :cool:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Yes, that's a dark corner of that bookshelf, .... paisley

If you want "dark" to add to your collection, may I suggest "Off Season" by Jack Ketchum. It is a relatively short book but it one of the most brutally graphic books I have ever read. Apparently there is a newer "Unexpurgated Edition" of the book that contains content originally cut by the publisher. I read the original 2 or 3 times, but I still want to get the new version as well.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
If you want "dark" to add to your collection, may I suggest "Off Season" by Jack Ketchum. It is a relatively short book but it one of the most brutally graphic books I have ever read. Apparently there is a newer "Unexpurgated Edition" of the book that contains content originally cut by the publisher. I read the original 2 or 3 times, but I still want to get the new version as well.
I never read him but I've seen SK mention him. In my cart now :thumb:

I made friends with Ray Garton. I have his original Crucifax Autumn. Not PB Crucifax but the original from Dark Harvest. There's some seriously nasty in that. He wrote Live Girls, Night Life (LG II), Crucifax Autumn, The New Neighbor & Methods Of Madness. All highly recommended for horror fans.

Don't watch Irreversible on Prime if you're not up for getting murderously ....... It's awful. It's a well done movie but the worst kind of brutally graphic awful.
Cheers

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I never read him but I've seen SK mention him. In my cart now :thumb:

I made friends with Ray Garton. I have his original Crucifax Autumn. Not PB Crucifax but the original from Dark Harvest. There's some seriously nasty in that. He wrote Live Girls, Night Life (LG II), Crucifax Autumn, The New Neighbor & Methods Of Madness. All highly recommended for horror fans.

Don't watch Irreversible on Netflix if you're not up for getting murderously ....... It's awful. It's a well done movie but the worst kind of brutally graphic awful.
Cheers

Cool, after you read it, send me a PM to let me know what you think.

I'll have to check some of those out. Thanks.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Cool, after you read it, send me a PM to let me know what you think.

I'll have to check some of those out. Thanks.
The original Crucifax Autumn has a chapter that's not in the paperback AFAIK.
They might have released an uncut PB version since then.

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
What would you do if vaping became illegal. Would you return to smoking cigarettes. Or would you dip or chew tobacco? I'm just curious what you would do if you could no longer Vape?.
. Thanks in advance
I'm calculating my Alternatives should this turn South. I'm hoping to vape peacefully for the rest of my life but I am concerned with the latest shenanigans with anti Vape undertones. Just curious what you would do
Im stocked up to last the rest of my life so i would continue vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread