What if

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
ETA: I sincerely hope you weren't offended @vapdivrr , that wasn't my intention, you started asking the questions, and I answered them because you asked them not in any kind of personal offense way (nor did I take offense to you calling my answer childish) but simply because you asked them. If this hypothetical scenario helps you and other vapers, that is fine with me. But you did ask,; so I did answer and I hope all is Good. I'm not offended and have no reason to be, we're both grown adults. Etc.

I gave you my answer to the question you asked which was "What would I say to a vaper."

I will say, I have never been asked by ANYONE until today, "Let's imagine you remember this time when you vaped, but you have no access to vaping supplies, but you CAN smoke cigarettes. Would the hazy memory of once having vaped and now only having the option of smoking or not smoking PLUS not vaping?"

I have never, until today, one time been asked that question. Because, it takes a pretty fiction oriented person to ask it.

I still cannot (unless I pray to the spaghetti moster and wear a colander on my head, and magically protect all my vapes and my vape knowledge) in good conscience give a rational answer to that question, because I find it very hard to picture a scenario in which a smoker might ask me that,. Maybe the FDA, but only to "prove" vaping doesn't work.

I don't MIND the question, exactly, but it has zero relevance to the real world unless climate change is also true and I'll be worried about OTHER stuff, which I also put in my answer.

No, I don't converse a lot with other vapers concerning how there is this magical functional world where vaping Used to Be (not be or not be illegal) but used to magically BE and etc and would I smoke or not. I'd be laughing so hard as the question continued, I would really have to muster up some ah, Deep Thought to answer and my answer would still be, "I'm sorry, I don't Do Hypotheticals where I repeatedly answer and then more magic rules are invented my head hurts ENOUGH." Etc.

Anna

Last edited:

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
The 10,000 ML of 100mg Nic Solution that resides In My Freezer and a side stash of mech mods, answers the Question .. at my Age, that's plenty more than a Lifetime Stash, especially at a Vape of 6-8mg ..

Although, I might consider hanging out at the corner and "Pssst .. need some nic or a PV .. ?? ::

Sellinmodzn_2.jpg

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I'd cancel my subscription to ECF to cover my tracks.....that's step 1..

:glare:
For the record I don't actually vape. I'm only here for attention.
All the handchecks, tablechecks and vapocalypse pix I post are stolen.
I don't own any vape gear or nicotine or other "tobacco products".
No, really ;)

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
The Shiny's at one time were contemplating having a camp meet or something; we decided to erect a windmill for charging our batteries.
Vaping Greek had a running discussion on Smoke Free Radio about buying a town in NV or somewhere just for vapers. There was a small town in NV for sale ATT.

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
For myself, I look to the government as my parent with only good intentions for me. I will follow its dictates because those who drift to governmental employment are the best and the brightest that we, as a society, have to offer. You know it is true, you see the fruits of their thought and deed daily.

I care deeply about what my fellowman/fellowwoman/fellowwhatever thinks of me and of my behavior. I like to follow the dictates of the crowd because in the crowd there is wisdom. I like wisdom, don't you?
You should at least attempt to keep your tongue from your cheek.;)

Reactions: CMD-Ky

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
Here is the "if" in the "What if" title of this thread, which to me is a valid question.
What would you do if "they" make vaping illegal?"
It isn't a paranoid conjecture nor unreal hypothesis to consider it could be that vaping is made illegal.
Vaping is prohibited or restricted in Malaysia, Jordan, Austria, Belgium, Egypt, Brazil, Argentina, Uraguay, Brunei, Cambodia, Panama, Singapore, Indonesia, Mexico, Oman, Taiwan, Columbia, Tajikistan, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Thailand, Venezuela...
According to a recent email from ECF, in an effort to protect their tobacco industries several other countries recently made vaping illegal.

There is always a way around silly a law. Prohibition brings about the speakeasy, smuggling, black markets..
Etc. Asking how you would deal with such a scenario is not a waste of time.
It is a real possibility in the real world.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I don't mind, it let's a good prepper know where their holes are. Such as me needing a solar charger or two.
But that requires complete realistic scenarios.

Our big tornado was 2-3 years after I switched. I was only without power for hours then but there have been others that left me without for a week.

For real prepper prepping I don't know if my med has a shelf life to get it to the next dose and there's no way to have even a single extra dose on hand if it does. They're not going to hand over a bag with a bunch of biohazard warnings on it. So I'm just basically screwed in any prepper scenario. It wouldn't matter if I smoked or not, I'm not going to want to be alive for long.

Only hair pulling frustration because you insist the question be answered your yes or no way when people answer with their prepping solutions without enough information to answer the question.
I didn't actually ask the question to anyone, I just asked the OP what they actually meant. I wasn't sure if they wanted to know how people are prepping or was interested in knowing if they would simply go back to smoking if they couldn't vape anymore. It was others that butted in, saying my question didn't make sense when it was never my intention to ask anyone their responses. So if it makes you feel better to jump on me because of my question to the OP , you are the man....how about this, what if someone had opened a thread and called it reformed smokers and asked this, how many are now disgusted from cigarette smoke since vaping? And has this disgust made it impossible to ever go back to smoking? I know some still like the smell of smoke, while others do find it offensive, for me personally, something has definitely happened because I almost become physically sick from the smell and know for sure I couldn't go back to smoking. It's along those lines that I thought perhaps the OP might have been looking for or just perhaps wanted to know, has the duration of your vaping history been enough to stop you from smoking again.....that's all I was interested in knowing and now it seems it made a big argument

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
As to vaping I intend to self-sufficient if not self sustaining, ergo, I horde all kinds of interesting, unusual and useful stuff. Much of which will be barter material should that become necessary during my lifetime. My daughter will be the sole beneficiary of my tin foil lunacy should I accidentally live out my years in relative peace.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I liked smoking. I wasn’t worried about dying, I was more worried about saving money. So I could see myself going back to smoking because I still enjoy the smell and taste of a cigarette.

I was less than concerned about death. I was concerned about a long and debilitated dependent life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread